Caffiene alternatives.

MacLovin

16 ounces a morning isn't working. I need a bigger hit.

More sleep isn't an option since I'm out from 6 in the morning till 6-7 in the evening. I do schoolwork+family obligations until about 8-9. After that, I have to talk and discuss various things with classmates since I'm the only native english speaker in my college.

Red Bull/Monster are too expensive for my budget, and I'm already taking in protein heavy breakfasts and a small morning workout thing to boost my energy. Blueberries and their ilk are eaten when I can obtain them.

Btw, I'm a westerner who moved to the Philippines. The pollution here is ridiculous for me, and traffic often makes my trip home several hours long. [Get out at 6, get home at 8.]

I've even tried mixing brewed expresso with some kinda heavily caffienated tea. That worked for about a week.

I'm in your same boat, haha. I tend to use smaller doses of pre-workout powders which have lots of caffeine in them. Right now I use Amino Energy, it's a $20 tub but each scoop has about 50g of caffeine in it, and it doesn't taste poor like many other pre-workouts. It lasts me for some time even with my high dosages, so it's a cheaper alternative to buying a 250g caffeine drink every day for $3.

You can always take a double or even triple espresso. Or drink one of those cheap red bull alternative energy drinks.

The thing with you is that you're simply overexerted and no amount of caffeine, taurine and similar substances will help you bridge the gap in not too long.

Actually I think what you're experiencing is not being used to going through the day without caffeine. It's probably better to put away the habit and eat something healthy because you are becoming dependent on caffeine. It's like someone who has perfectly okay eyesight and then they start wearing glasses.

Edited by Dagon