Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

Oh my god, the animations look amazing! And you even got the #1 rule for the criticals: "If it twirls, you die."

I also love the rally! Much better than TLP's "motivation". (MUST FIRE SHOTS AT ANIKIN WHENEVER POSSIBLE)

Stat wise, he looks squishy, but fun to use! (Most of my XP for him is probably gonna be through rallies lmao)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rally animation is perfect... I think I'm in love with that little speech bubble. @ш@

Well done! I was going to go with lances and my decision hasn't changed.

Edited by Alusq

I'm looking forward to what the promotion animation looks like if this one is so neat!

I have a rough idea of how the promotion animations will go for the tactician, but I didn't start working on them yet. But I did start working on Andros' promotion, so there's that. Plus there's other custom animations to look forward to. Although I should definitely figure out how to edit the footage properly so that it won't look so blurry when I upload it.

Oh my god, the animations look amazing! And you even got the #1 rule for the criticals: "If it twirls, you die."

I also love the rally! Much better than TLP's "motivation". (MUST FIRE SHOTS AT ANIKIN WHENEVER POSSIBLE)

Stat wise, he looks squishy, but fun to use! (Most of my XP for him is probably gonna be through rallies lmao)

Yes, behold the spinning weapons of doom! XD *insert You Spin Me Right Round song here* Probably will get shot for that, but it's such an awesome song lol. I can't take all of the credit for giving the tactician the rally ability. TheErrantShepherd brought up the idea and I just went with it. TLP's motivation was an inspiration of sorts, so I won't say that rally is better than motivation. It's kind of hard to take a different spin on the dance/play ability that would make sense. So I guess we can say that TLP "motivated" me to get the tactician to become reality. See what I there? XD

The stats aren't set in stone yet. I'm still working on giving it the right balance. I completely forgot to mention that I'm working on tweaking the stats of some of the classes, so that's probably why the tactician may seem very squishy right now.

That rally animation is perfect... I think I'm in love with that little speech bubble. @ш@

Well done! I was going to go with lances and my decision hasn't changed.

Aw shucks, glad you love it! I need to figure out what song would go well with the animation though. For now it's "Minuet of Forest" from OoT, but that was before I made the tactician playable and was going to have a bard character. Not sure if I should stick with it, or if I should find something else.

Hey if your looking for beta testers I'm down for it.

Just pm me if you need me

I think I'm ok with the number of beta testers I have right now. But thank you for offering. Should I need more beta testers, I'll definitely let you know. I should probably edit the op so that I don't have more people asking to beta test.

Going to bump again becuase you guessed it...mini update time!

jgB840a.pnglVNmWFs.pngD2SnQYM.png

First screenshot: Fixed up Rai's palette since he's now a cavalier.

Second screenshot: Made a custom animation for Elise since the original cleric animation didn't really fit her. I finished this animation before working on the tactician's, but I completely forgot to post a screenshot of it in action. Sorry Elise!

Third screenshot: Got around to inserting knives into the hack. Although I'm still working on getting the animation to work. It works some of the time, for some odd reason. If it's not knives being thrown out, it'll end up being some dark mass being thrown at the enemy. So I'm going to have to figure out how to get this knife animation working 100% of the time. And I thought I had it working before. TTATT I've used the stats from Radiant Dawn for the knife and will probably use the same stats for the other knives. Don't know if it'll change or not, but that's what beta testing is for!

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing new hacks come to fruition.

Both the Strategist animation and the whole concept of choosing your weapon are AMAZING!!

Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of the hack!

Edited by Blue Druid

The Strategist seems so bored when he attacks with a weapon that isn't a sword.

Though that's probably just me.

I love seeing new hacks come to fruition.

Both the Strategist animation and the whole concept of choosing your weapon are AMAZING!!

Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of the hack!

Thank you! I'll do my best to make this hack enjoyable for people to play.

The Strategist seems so bored when he attacks with a weapon that isn't a sword.

Though that's probably just me.

Haha I guess the strategist needs to be flashy if he wants to have fun killing the bad guys.

jgB840a.png

Sorry to sound like an asshole, but I REALLY want you to change thee horse's armor. This is really a missed opportunity, and that blue just looks very boring IMO. At least make it a different shade of blue if you actually want it to look blue so that it will look different.

Also this isn't as bad but Andros' (Andros's?) bow color is also bugging me, I don't think that it fits with his clothes, though that is a lot less pressing.
Luck with the hack, bai.

Edited by Matt Snow

Okay, I worked on Rai's palette and fixing the colour of Andros's bow. Hopefully it's an improvement and doesn't bore you.

bLQcmjQ.png

I think that Andros' bow clashes more now than it did before, I would recommend going with a darker colour such as black.

I think that Andros' bow clashes more now than it did before, I would recommend going with a darker colour such as black.

black's harder to shade though.

Besides, it's her hack, if she wants to make the bow white, then she can

I know its just a personal opinion. But it still looks like a great game to play.I just like darker colour schemes.

I think that the bow looks a lot better white. Rai's new palettes are cool too!

Ultimately Oreo should go with whatever color she prefers. >ш<

Exactly xD

In all honesty though, the only battle animations I'm going to have are most likely going to be the custom ones, so no use changing Rai XD

I thought the bow matches his pants though. XD

Black is indeed tricky to shade. Gotta get the right balance to not be too dark that it's as dark or darker than the outline colour or too light that it ends up being gray.

I like Rai's palette a lot better now, but Andros' bow looks worse than the original. I would stick to the original or make it a darker color.

Well it kinda sucks that you feel that way, but it's impossible to please everybody. I felt that his bow should be a consistent colour once he promotes. But, I've only done the standing frames so far, so it can change in the future. So who knows.

I think that the bow looks a lot better white. Rai's new palettes are cool too!

Ultimately Oreo should go with whatever color she prefers. >ш<

Glad you like the changes! =3 Even though it's ultimately up to me, I do appreciate people giving their opinions/advice to improve the hack.

I know its just a personal opinion. But it still looks like a great game to play.I just like darker colour schemes.

We all have our own preferences and I totally respect that. Don't worry though, a main character has a dark colour scheme. So you can look forward to that in the future!

Exactly xD

In all honesty though, the only battle animations I'm going to have are most likely going to be the custom ones, so no use changing Rai XD

Lol, I guess the palette changes are more for those who leaves all the animations on (*cough* me being one of them XD).

EDIT: Lol dammit ghast you posted while I was typing my responses! And now I need to respond to yours! Jk, Matt shouldn't be blamed, he should be thanked lol. I think he's the first one to point out making changes to the palette.

Edited by OreoStyx

Well it kinda sucks that you feel that way, but it's impossible to please everybody. I felt that his bow should be a consistent colour once he promotes. But, I've only done the standing frames so far, so it can change in the future. So who knows.

It's fine, it looks well either way. Sorry if it annoys you xD

Don't worry, it doesn't bother me at all. =D

What annoys me is if someone starts hating on my hack without pointing out what makes them hate the hack so much that they would need to spend time typing out the negative post and not offer ways to improve the hack. I don't really see the point of posting something like that though. I honestly find it a waste of time and energy to spout hateful crap.

Hey Oreo, (lack of internet and RL stuff has made Skype hard to be on lately, apologies)

Anyways, Liking the new screens. :D

Tactician animations looked fun, nice work on getting those done. Healer girl's custom design is simple but looks really nice, great touch to give her a bit more uniqueness.

Rai's new pallete seems cool,I honestly didn't have much of a problem with the previous one... But the new blue is much more eye catching, so it works well. :)

I can see Matt's point that the blue bow kinda clashed with the Red and green of the rest of Andros' design... I thought the shades/brightness of the colors worked well though. Might want to watch out for the grey/white colors of the bow blending into the colors of the rest of Andros' design.

...I dunno, what color do you want to try for? Brown bow might stand out more, White bow could work but needs to be right shades to look right, same with grey bow but...Grey bow sounds cool at least as a nickname? >.> :p

I personally think the grey/white works alright, but that just a touch darker or bolder on the shades for it would help it stand out more? *shrug*

...anyways, enough nitpicky things. Looking forward to seeing what awesomeness you come up with next! :D

What annoys me is if someone starts hating on my hack without pointing out what makes them hate the hack so much that they would need to spend time typing out the negative post and not offer ways to improve the hack. I don't really see the point of posting something like that though. I honestly find it a waste of time and energy to spout hateful crap.

Hahaha, welcome to the internet!

yeah, now if something is straight up hateful and baiting. I just ignore it completely. Its not worth the time and the instigator just wants to fuck with you

yeah, now if something is straight up hateful and baiting. I just ignore it completely. Its not worth the time and the instigator just wants to fuck with you

Oh, so now you want to go, bruh? 1v1 me irl fgt

Anyways, I personally like the progress of the hack from the screenshots/videos so far

Thanks for listening Oreo, I think Rai and Andros look way better now. Luck with the hack :)

i like his new bow colour LOL

LOOK WHAT YOU DID MATT

I know, Ain't I awesome?