Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

OreoStyx

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl beans. Looking forward to more updates.

And an update you shall have! =D

I'm glad world maps are becoming a regular thing now.

Lookin' good!

Thanks! It's thanks to your tutorial that it's doable. It's easy to follow, so it was just a mistake on my part that took me a while to getting the world map to work.

Haha yeah, I remember playing DoF for the first time and how mind blowing it was that it had a world map. FEHacking sure has progressed!

I felt the same way, which is why I wanted to try making it myself. It definitely has progressed by a LOT. I remember back in 2008 or something when I first dabbed into hacking and there wasn't much I could really do besides using nightmare haha.

Update time again! I'm going on a roll!

E7aVUNS.pngibN2MK7.png

I got world map events working! So expect those in the patch. Was figuring out how to do the world map events yesterday and was playing around with the values to see what happens and ended up loading a cg. Didn't expect that haha. Especially the blue dot to show up on Rath's crotch. Totally did not do that on purpose, I swear. >.>

NY0ft4C.png

I also changed the "2003 Nintendo Pressents" thing and fixed up the intro so that it skips the history of Elibe.

Plus, I also fixed a bug that happens in the prologue chapter where the screen either goes black or hangs when skipping the scene where you choose the weapon for the tactician. So now you can skip the beginning of the prologue to get straight to the weapon choice. So now you won't have to sit through the history lesson multiple times should you mess up.

I'll continue working on the second chapter and will try to update soon.

Thanks! Hopefully this will make it even more cooler.

4Ytyjrd.png

I finally managed to get this to work after multiple attempts. Another strike off my to do list! Looking at my list, I realized I finished the bottom stuff first haha. I'm about halfway into fixing up chapter 2, so hopefully I can finish fixing it up within this week so I can move on to the third chapter.

Thanks! Hopefully this will make it even more cooler.

4Ytyjrd.png

I finally managed to get this to work after multiple attempts. Another strike off my to do list! Looking at my list, I realized I finished the bottom stuff first haha. I'm about halfway into fixing up chapter 2, so hopefully I can finish fixing it up within this week so I can move on to the third chapter.

This hack is gonna be sweet!

Thanks! The feedback I've been getting is really motivating me to keep working on the hack. The second chapter revamp is not done yet, but I've managed to do this.

o7gK8YW.gif

It's still a WIP, but at least the knife doesn't glitch out anymore. The only issue is that FEditor stretched my knife a bit when using the background frames instead of the object frames for the knife. So the knife ends up bigger than it's supposed to be. When using the object frames, the knife is the right size, but it will glitch out the second time it's thrown and after that. So hopefully I can figure out how to not make it look so damn big without it glitching out.

Once it looks decent enough, I'll have the knife animation go public and allow anyone to download it and use it for their hack. This is a small token of gratitude for everybody helping me get this far with hacking. I'll also have some of the weapon icons that I made be free to use as well. All I ask is to just credit me for the stuff you use in your hack and to let me know so that I can play your hack. =)

And here is some weird thing I encountered while trying to get the knife to work. That mage is cray cray.

nu6vewM.gif

Thanks! The feedback I've been getting is really motivating me to keep working on the hack. The second chapter revamp is not done yet, but I've managed to do this.

o7gK8YW.gif

It's still a WIP, but at least the knife doesn't glitch out anymore. The only issue is that FEditor stretched my knife a bit when using the background frames instead of the object frames for the knife. So the knife ends up bigger than it's supposed to be. When using the object frames, the knife is the right size, but it will glitch out the second time it's thrown and after that. So hopefully I can figure out how to not make it look so damn big without it glitching out.

Once it looks decent enough, I'll have the knife animation go public and allow anyone to download it and use it for their hack. This is a small token of gratitude for everybody helping me get this far with hacking. I'll also have some of the weapon icons that I made be free to use as well. All I ask is to just credit me for the stuff you use in your hack and to let me know so that I can play your hack. =)

And here is some weird thing I encountered while trying to get the knife to work. That mage is cray cray.

nu6vewM.gif

Whoa...tat mage IS crazy!

• 1 month later...

Yeah that's definitely Roy's critical...and a whole lot of other stuff going down haha. Fotia has a nice ring to it. I may as well replace the names of all the tomes since I took the time to make weapon icons for them.

I haven't updated in a while, but a couple of stuff I've been working on since last time.

Duf4cFw.png

As you can see I changed the background, so the stat screen gets a bit spiffied up. I also made it so that the game starts with the same speed set to fast and the text speed as well. So you don't have to spend 5 minutes reading through the prologue.

DicnrW8.png

Here's what the stat screen looks like with the new background. If you look closely, I also changed the bow icon so that knives can have a weapon level and not be a part of the weapon triangle. I guess it's now a projectile weapon level or something.

1k0FCW7.pngBSTZ8Um.png

Some palette changes here. Zemira's is not 100% set in stone, just trying out different colours.

I'm still working on the knife spell animation. Every once in a while it will have this weird line that shows up. It's getting on my nerves to be honest, but I'll keep trying to make it work.

I saw a beaststone! I saw a beaststone! wut does this mean?! I don't care I'm just happy to see some new stuff! This looks fantastic!

The beaststone thing has been around for a while actually. I think since last year...Damn I work slow haha. They show up starting from chapter three onwards.

It's probably a euphemism for "hairball".

A hairball would be a funny joke weapon actually. Fear the hairball!

I updated Andros's mug. Jjm21RI.png Thoughts?

I like the little things you're doing with this. It's good to get little quirks out of the way (it's also good when you're procrastinating the major things :~]). I think Andros looks nice now. More muscular befitting a main character like him in a setting like Fire Emblem. Hope we can see some new shit soon ey

Yeah that's definitely Roy's critical...and a whole lot of other stuff going down haha. Fotia has a nice ring to it. I may as well replace the names of all the tomes since I took the time to make weapon icons for them.

"Floga" or "Pyr" also sound nice if you're looking for some more names for fire spells.

Edited by Blue Druid

Andros looks a lot more buffier! (Tats a compliment)

Thanks! I haven't touched his mug since I first posted this thread. So he's overdue for a makeover.

I like the little things you're doing with this. It's good to get little quirks out of the way (it's also good when you're procrastinating the major things :~]). I think Andros looks nice now. More muscular befitting a main character like him in a setting like Fire Emblem. Hope we can see some new shit soon ey

Yeah, I really like working on graphical stuff. It keeps me from getting too frustrated from trying to fixing my knife spell animation that is as stubborn as a mule and would not want to cooperate. Honestly, it's probably the only thing that's keeping me sane.

"Floga" or "Pyr" also sound nice if you're looking for some more names for fire spells.

Ooh those sound good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bump because it's update time.

Fixed up more portraits, this time it's Elise and Skyla.

A21NgPe.png

Fixed up Elise's skin tone so that it's not as splotchy as it was before and fixed up her nose so that it doesn't look so flat. Did major changes for Skyla. Even though she's not playable yet, she shows up briefly in the prologue, so I thought it's time she needs an update.

Also worked on chapter 1's world map events. Played around with the world map events to get a feel on how it works. Fixed up the world map because it looked kinda bad when I expanded the original one and ended up looking really pixelated. So I worked on it from scratch and reinserted it. So it's now ready to go.

HKjXKr1.png

I finally got around to inserting the mauthe doog walking sounds. I can now apply it to the other Yamanu (what I named the laguz for the hack) classes when they show up in the hack.

After many attempts of trying to get the knife spell animation to work properly, I kind of gave up on trying to fix it. It's taking way too much of my time when I could have been fixing up the other chapters. However, it's only a graphical issue where a weird glitchy line shows up before the knife spell is played. The good news is that it happens once every couple of times (from what I've seen so far), and it shows up for about a second or two. So we'll just have to deal with it for now. Here's how it looks when the line glitch doesn't happen.

nUbvjFg.gif

I forgot to mention that I made the thief knife animation with the recoloured thief palette.

So now I'm back to working on chapter 2. Hopefully, I can get around to fixing chapter 2 and 3 and begin working on chapter 4 so that I can get it playtested and have a patch ready for this year's FEE3. But I can't guarantee it, I can't say what can happen between now and when FEE3 comes around. Even though I've said a general time when it's being released, something always comes up. So fingers crossed that I will have it ready by FEE3. If I don't have it ready by then, then I can't say when it will be ready. It's ready when it's ready, that's all I can really say. I will keep posting updates as I go along.

you should probably put the spell load a few frames earlier than it is

currently the knife kind of... flies out after a pause after the motion stops.

ed: why did this post??? i wasn't done

can you recognize any pieces of the glitchy line, if you've freezeframed it?

andros' mug is amazing, but he always felt like the sort of person to slouch and now it looks like he's standing exceedingly upright

I think Skyla's left eye (the one closer to her visible ear) is too far to the right of the pixel map

I also think both of her eyes are too high on her face.

finally:

hyyyyyyyyppppppeeeeeee

Edited by Eliwan

you should probably put the spell load a few frames earlier than it is

currently the knife kind of... flies out after a pause after the motion stops.

ed: why did this post??? i wasn't done

can you recognize any pieces of the glitchy line, if you've freezeframed it?

andros' mug is amazing, but he always felt like the sort of person to slouch and now it looks like he's standing exceedingly upright

I think Skyla's left eye (the one closer to her visible ear) is too far to the right of the pixel map

I also think both of her eyes are too high on her face.

finally:

hyyyyyyyyppppppeeeeeee

I will do that. I was looking at other spell animations as a reference and they had a lot of C00s in the script before loading the spell. I guess since it's knives, they have to start earlier or it will look like they appeared out of thin air.

The glitchy part came from different places, which is kind of weird. If Andros goes first, the line looks like it has parts from the fire spell. And another time there was a blue line.

A6QqSqE.pngTx09Lig.png

Same happens when I switched to the Ragnarok spell.

7wV18jE.png

I haven't worked with spell animations a lot, so I honestly don't know what makes this happen. It was a lot worse before I made a post about it over at FEU and circleseverywhere made a FEditor version that has the CSA fix.

About Andros's mug, I was told he didn't look like a prince and more like a thief. So I revamped it to make him look more like a prince. Probably will work on the dialogue more so that he's only a slouch when it comes to his studies or something.

Does this look better now? Fixing eye positions is a lot easier than making someone slouch haha.

FWiMI2w.png

This hack is super cool. If you want, I can help out with mugs a bit.

Thanks, I think I'm fine with mugs for now. What I really need help with is getting the knife animation to work. It's a huge pain in the ass. I really want to make it work so that it can be free use for everybody. But with it being all glitchy, it's not going to happen. =/

• 4 weeks later...

Bump because I haven't updated in a while. Almost done fixing up chapter 2. Just need to rework the dialogue and enemy placement. I've been working on animations and stuff, but I can't post all of them here since they don't show up in the hack yet. But I can show you what I've been working on.

GOjbdgX.gif

The only thing I need to get this working is the command to get the mauthe doog sounds to play for the animation. I figured out how to make decent looking gifs now, finally.