next version of FE7 HHM 0% growths: control enemy glitch?

dondon151

57 members have voted

1. 1. should i employ the control enemy glitch in FE7 HHM 0%?

• yes, the control enemy glitch saves turns
    • no, the control enemy glitch is cheating

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need the angelic robe for a specific unit later on?

i used it on hector to survive sonia's bolting in 28x but i might be able to save a ninis grace status on him instead

also I wish you had one more door key :(

oh shit i'm dumb, i forgot that i didn't steal a door key back in chapter 17 that i had stolen before, and i used an extra one in chapter 17 to get the knight crest, so i'm short on door keys.

hack it in with a codebreaker code then

fuck i have to go back and re-do chapter 16 for more door keys

EDIT: wait the pure water vendor in chapter 21 also sells door keys, so i'm not that fucked.

Edited by dondon151

I think you can still 4 turn with the berserk staff, I killed all enemies except the berserk bishop near the middle by turn 4 down a door key, so I essentially had to have Marcus waste a turn retrieving one from the druid.

and there's no worse feeling than finding out you're short on something stupid like a 50g door key.

this is what i've figured out so far (note I actually haven't quite figured out how to kill some of the dudes, definately need to trigger kishuna earlier than turn 4, and Rath needs to kill the troubadour with the Brave bow because it has 12 speed, and nobody on the team has 16 AS from range)

deployment:

c05f2b6567cce76a04c02a289cc4a20f.png

isadora has the devil axe to OHKO walls. Hector, Hawkeye and Fiora have the keys.

I also didn't deploy Merlinus because the druid closest will target him when kishuna goes away, you don't need Merlinus anyway. The Bishop and Druid closest to the start also don't combine to KO a +6 pure watered Heath, and he ORKO's both of them with the short spear, which is pretty useful.

Edited by General Horace

oh yeah uhh,

it's the other way around. Marcus is on the right since there's more staff dudes and honestly they're probably pretty interchangeable.

I can kill every enemy on the map except the stupid berserk bishop. Probably need to figure out a way to manipulate kishuna's range a little better so he's forced to be closer, but in all likelyhood you'll need a crit to kill him. Hector can get the berserk staff on turn 4, any other dancing ninian does won't do very much anyway.

I also did some experimenting with moving Ninian to the left side, and deploying Raven instead of Fiora, which I think is better.

The only issue I have is Rath has to somehow fight the enemies in kishuna's room and fight a Luna druid on the same phase, I think I might be able to cheese it with something stupid like a mine though.

Edited by General Horace

• 3 weeks later...

Will you also do Lyn (hard) Mode first? Not that it will provide much, only bit better gem and weapon ranks.

Would it be possible to promote Sain or Kent? Or would it require to much EXP in a LTC? I think Lyn will be the main boss killer with her Mani Katti?

Also, will it be a run from "scratch", or will you just add comments together with Mekkah? I hope from scratch :)

Looking forward to the last chapters of your FE6 run, it already helped me out big time for my "casual" run of the game.

If he skips Lyn Mode, he gets a L9 Rath with B bows rather than a L7 Rath with C and a bit. The other rejoining characters also get slightly improved stats, which outweighs the benefit of an extra Paladin, especially since it'd essentially be a 1/1 Paladin instead of a 4/0 or 5/0 Cavalier.

While I think Lyn mode would be nice to see for completion's sake, it wouldn't be particularly entertaining to watch, it's more beneficial to skip it, and dondon himself just really doesn't like it, so I'm not expecting to see it and I think it's for the better in the end.

I'm not an expert on 0% runs by any stretch of the imagination but I can't imagine CEG actually saving more than 1 turn in any chapter except maybe in CoD. And since rout maps are just obnoxious to low turn by nature I don't think anybody could hold it against you if you decided to just CEG that map. If there were a glitch that allows you to control enemy units in FE10 I'd definitely use it for rout chapters in LTC runs because of all these goddamn stationary units messing up things.

Imo use the mine glitch once to get Vaida's Spear if it helps you shave off turns and another time to make CoD easier. It's not that big a deal imo.

Another way to go about it would be to beat the game without CEG but record CEG'd versions of the chapters where it would've made a notable difference.

I am saying yes to the enemy control glitch idea since I want to see some very extensive and useful enemy rescue chains. Plus, I think it would be interesting to see how you might be able to manipulate the AI to doing certain things if they suddenly have different weapons. There might be sections where you could swap enemy staves. Get a really annoying stave off a druid and give it to a priest.

Edited by Vorena