Trying This Spriting Thing...

Crazy Li

anything made by fe6 tends to be a bad idea, except for like 5 mugs in the whole roster. Just remember- just because it's vanilla, doesn't mean its the be all, end all solution. but yeah, shouldn't be too hard to find something.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything made by fe6 tends to be a bad idea, except for like 5 mugs in the whole roster. Just remember- just because it's vanilla, doesn't mean its the be all, end all solution. but yeah, shouldn't be too hard to find something.

Don't misunderstand. I wasn't trying to assert that it was right because it was official or anything... just pointing out that in this case, it was from a vanilla mug and that I didn't do that on purpose.

I'm fully aware that BB shading is inferior to the other 2 GBA games. I usually don't think to fix it (or sometimes even know how) on my initial draft of a mug. This one should really easy though since Blazing Sword has enough thiefy garbs to give a guide on how to color that part.

I'm mostly concerned about the head ornaments though since that was a custom job and things tend to turn out bad when I try to custom stuff instead of splice >.>

I'm also wondering if the chin/neck area looks weird because of the angles of the 2 parts I spliced together for that and if so, what I can do to fix.

Head ornament doesn't look too bad... the neck seems to be oddly placed though. Like it should be a couple pixels over to the right to connect to her head properly from the angle given.

That's what I kinda thought... but I was pretty sure I placed it where the old neck was or at least close to (I may have actually put it a pixel MORE right) but it still looked funny. I'll try fiddling with the position more later.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've officially given up on trying to make a mug on loop-hair myrmidon. The more I try, the more of a disaster it turns out to be. Her design is just too complicated for me to figure out through splicing :/

Look how bad it is now:

Meili_zpsxm3adima.png

Doesn't help the bodies I used to make an outfit all had hair covering a lot of the clothes, making it so I had no idea how to fill in the holes and re-shade it

• 4 months later...

I took a break for a long while because sometimes you need to step away from stuff when you hit roadblocks in order to take a fresh attempt at them. I went and revisited an older attempt at a character (look back previously to find this one) and below is my progress. All I really did was play with the outfit itself more.

Nat_zpsyjdkhbka.png

It definitely looks off to me though... like if it were distorted... I'm guessing I have alignment and/or proportion issues here... probably even bad shading contributing to the funky look of the shoulders/arms. Hoping someone who knows this stuff better could give me some ideas on how to fix it.

Also if anyone is curious about the character's original design for what I'm trying to represent here, you can see it here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/crazyli825/my%20chars/Natalie_zpsjqui45tf.png