TheMoniker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

The Chapter 13 Wrap-up!

ICwvPuu.png

Everyone but the two worthless crutch characters is allowed in the triangle.

TaXyD7x.png

But it turns out the two worthless crutch characters have a support.

Izc86sm.png

Troy: It always amazes me how you can still fight with that wound on your neck. Hell, I was amazed you even survived that assault.

w7aSWdJ.png

Gee...I'm really loving how much characterization these guys get...yeah...

feHnyV4.png

Mary/Larry is an effective pairing, let's do it!

Bv7RT1X.png

Mary: Lord Larry. It is an honor as always.

Larry: As it should be. But enough of that. How fairs todays battle?

Mary: It is going well for now, but that could always change.

Literally everybody is dead!

Larry: I see. Keep up the good work then.

Mary: Of course my Lord!

HIItnz1.png

ewpesgs.png

Next, Lila x Gringo. My goal is to make sure everyone has at least one support.

Lila: Gringo! What are you doing!

Gringo: Oh, my lady… I am merely-

Lila: Merely acting like a buffon! Stop your nonsense and get back to the battle at hand!

*Lila disappears*

Gringo: She has never been one to understand my sense of humor…

hVo5rjW.png

So, some games are criticized because they have the thing where they show an important action implied to have happened in reality solely by text, and without actually showing it. Here, they imply something happened in dialogue, and they didn't actually show it. In dialogue.

0ZURgrE.png

This should be a good one...?

Mandrake: Hello my fellow preacher of the sun.

Sophie: Brother of the sun! How fare thee?

Mandrake: Great my child. Our Work is never done. I must see to it that all know the blessings of the sun. No matter how long it takes.

Jhx2LaJ.png

You know, there's only so many times you can say "oh man these supports suck" before the joke becomes stale. We're approaching that point quite rapidly, and we're not nearly done getting supports.

m749DQe.png

This isn't a support conversation. It's just a talk.

Lila: So you are the rumored celeberity? Star was it?

wFQVfp3.png

Wait...shouldn't STAR have this line?

Lila(???): Sandy and Donovan are the real special ones.

Yup, the game adds "wrong characters saying the right things" to its errors. Soon it will also add "wrong characters saying the wrong things".

IOBj48e.png

Yeah, the conversation just totally desyncs here.

Star(???): sister? How so? They both made so many sacrafices for me… I will never forget their kidness…

The sacrafices I make to let you guys see this hack...

Lila(???): Really? And what did they do to make your life easier? You lived on the street. What can you do? Beg? Grovel?

Star(???): You’ve never been out that much have you? …I wouldn’t worry to much if I were you.

*Star disappears*

Lila: Hmm? What’s her problem? And here I thought she would be… hip! As her kind would put it!

YTqrRHk.pngzNaz7br.png

Eventually, I get bored and just leave.

7vdmz6b.png

You kidding? We killed EVERYONE, and got tons of XP and supports!

W3hIsMM.png

...Oh, I get it. This is honestly the first time the game has outright said "hey, these guys are berserked!". Sure, it was IMPLIED in the Part 1 intro, but that really just isn't enough.

eo5Ig7n.png

"THAT'S HORRIBLE! What next?"

WHAT A GREAT SCRIPT

Elliot: *text skip*

Donovan: Capture? Excuse me? Don’t you mean kill*text skip that may or may not be intentional*

Lc9XNa4.png

So first it's the bosses who are insanely over the top, and now it's EVERYBODY. Ugh, it isn't half as funny when WE do it.

Larry: Even in his berserk state, my father’s *text skip AGAIN*

Donovan: Kid, you’re barking up the wrong tree. It takes much more than that to scar-

5ymPhzs.pngS9zQQnv.png

Troy: Beyard didn’t teach you any.

*Larry screams curse words at Donovan for no reason*

*Donovan calmly correct him

*Donovan gets slapped*

And the worst part is that this might have made a bit more sense if Troy had actually told Donovan he was his father. But nope, this general here is just randomly slapping some guys who decided to help him, free of charge, abandoning a lucrative tax collecting job. What a way to treat your allies! As this scene stands, it would be QUITE satisfying is Donovan slapped back.

EZct0mq.png

...But I guess this is good enough. If a bit too obviously ironic.

Donovan: No matter where you go, Nobles are still the same pompous pricks! I wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for Star.

3FbiINj.png

You just expressed affection for him last update!

Larry: Are you… Happy? Do you find his attitude funny General?

Troy: You wouldn’t get it…

Elliot: I do though. It’s quite ironic since he still doesn’t know. But no more joking around.

Troy: Right. Let’s go. We need to save Ether and find out where Princess Gunni is.

Larry: Right!

pvNzbeZ.pngbmldeor.png

Well, that's the end for today...nah, let's continue.

Now for the CHAPTER 14 PRELUDE!

fTetMf7.pngQqmIcHB.png

I honestly was a bit worried Blademaster was gonna try to use Talons Alight as the map. But nope, it's Caelin.

QZXSxOk.png0ZcNjnr.png

As per usual, tons of dudes popping up everywhere.

dylOSfN.png

Larry. YOU are the one who needs to calm down!

Donovan: I still think this is stupid. I say we just beat the crap out of him. Who knows. He may live for all we know.

Donovan is portrayed as wrong for saying this, Just wait until we finish the chapter...

Larry: You’re underestimating my father. He’s stronger than Troy. And about equal to Eli too. He wouldn’t be very easy to take down. It would be best if I talked to him.

Donovan: And what would talking do?

Are you ready for some explanation for the berserk stave thing? Exposition with more holes than swiss cheese?

Good! Let's continue. I'll be pointing out as many holes as I can, but have you tried counting the holes in Swiss cheese? It's honestly kinda hard and boring.

Larry: There are two types of berserk staves. A concentrated one and a wide range one.

So, the wide-range one explains how the heck they can AFFORD to berserk so many units. Of course, it also raises the question of why they don't just wide-range EVERYONE who opposes them. That is to say, us.

And no, we will NEVER so much as SEE the wide-range one in gameplay. We'll see plenty of the concentrated one eventually later, in our hands and theirs.

Larry: The wide range ones don’t grab a strong hold of people so that those who are close to someone can break them of it’s control. The concentrated one on the other hand… You need a staff to break free. Or wait for the effects to wear off.

This raises the question of why we can't restore staff the important people, and maybe some of the mooks too. Also, another thing, you'll notice something about the berserked troops: They don't attack each other. Not to mention, they're still capable of discussion with each other and strategy! The wide-range staff isn't a berserk staff. It's a MIND CONTROL staff. And why Blademaster doesn't just come out and say this is a mystery to me.

Donovan: Why doesn’t the wide range one wear off.

Donovan, naturally, asks what is quite possibly the LEAST important question of them all.

Larry: Since the effect is less mentally binding, it lasts longer.

So, because its weaker, its stronger?

Larry: If it wasn’t for Flo and Eli being immune to the effects, then Holy wouldn’t have even had to worry about the amount of time it would have lasted. They would have killed everyone right there.

As you can see, the two characters that are the most important are MAGICALLY immune.

Donovan: Why were those two immune?

Larry: Dunno. I think Elliot and Lila were immune too.

Okay, I MIGHT have a theory here. Flo and Eli have dragon heritage, which makes them immune. But that STILL doesn't explain why they don't just wide-range US, or all the other nations and rule everybody!

Not to mention, Elliot and Lila are MORE than susceptible to berserk in-game, so...

9znnQjO.png

bCRbL5N.png7Opz1ji.png

A really sad music plays during this scene (which again, contrasts with the Ether/Tool convo during the start of Chapter 13). I think it might actually be an oddly remixed Lyon's organ arrangement. I looked in the sound menu, seems there are 100 songs total, which MIGHT be more than normal FE7.

END DIALOGUE

SMfJR9X.png

Yeah, we get Merlinus's convo here. It's unchanged, of course. And yes, Blademaster most certainly did make our objective literally just called "special". It's...the only time it's used in the game if I remember right...

Yx8rmqn.png

We only have to leave out one person, and that's one of the healers.

Zv15Bcw.png

I dump all the Part 1 units stuff in the supply convoy, and it's ALMOST IMMEDIATELY full. I can tell already that there will be storage problems...

M6rhWVf.png

This is a good enough position, I suppose.

N2NbvjP.png

Yeah, there's just lots of random stuff going on in this castle.

First off, literally every room with a door has a thief in it. This will not make for good chest-hunting. As in, the top two chests are IMPOSSIBLE to get.

Ftj7lnD.pngadZvzH7.pngONIFhRN.png

Yep, that's right! Prepromotes ALREADY! And really tough ones, too! These guys will make our lives HARD.

IGHU8TB.png

I just don't get these thief inventories sometimes.

ts8xbv0.pngXzpQWTs.png

This guy is one of the thieves at the top who you can't get to.

UKyjjfv.pngMwMbL64.png

Ether is just BEGGING to be killed...

MWPcrAg.pngOm8Jkv6.png

I keep forgetting to show these, but here's Eli's stats from Part 1. He'd STILL be an amazing unit now, which shows just how OP he is as a lord.

I45Y4Tz.png

I was curious. One day, I'll find a glitchy infinite-use item that I can sell for infinite money...

q3V4XNX.png

Okay, okay, but the name is MONIKER!

rU1TNFC.png

Donovan: One before.

Yeah, basically every chapter from here on out someone's gonna talk before the battle starts. I think it's a band-aid workaround to the previously seen "repeating narration" bug.

chUcMOZ.png

He LOOKS perfectly defendable...

pv1YYhT.png

Anyways, our first obstacle is this badly-positioned valkyrie. Yes, she moves. Will we overcome it? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Edited by TheMoniker

You know as silly as the "two types of Berserk" stuff is (not to mention its effects on dialogue), I'd like to see an actual Control staff in a future game.

Ether still needs to die by his younger version's hand

Ether still needs to die by his younger version's hand

I didn't deploy him sorry

I hope spoilers are fixed tomorrow! If not, I'm gonna have to stop updating until they are, or find some other fix, because continuing like this will cause the page to start crashing browsers!

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 15: Chapter 14: Part 1: From All Sides

zl47VPY.png

As you can probably imagine, this isn't the best of omens.

1qzkqum.png

This is a bit better. Elliot needs strength soon, though, or he won't get to use that buffed cap at all!

KS9w0Li.png

Larry gets a good tenth...but WILL IT STICK?

AijzMv0.pngp0eTLuW.png

As I said, there's nothing we can do for the top chests, but the bottom ones are saveable for reasons we'll see.

Bobo0E5.pngwIwdarl.png

Yup, the valkyrie gives us trouble. 10th level = lost.

yZN5Qwz.png

New setup, one that doesn't give Larry XP but hopefully prevents death...

yrVvfB4.png

Honestly, Elliot likely would have died if not for this.

JleLgkG.png

...So Gringo dies instead.

A9qrI3d.pngnfzYUm0.png

Next try, Mandrake pulls off a MIRACULOUS dodge, gets a good level regardless...

VgGcfA6.png

And then it turns out that the Valkyrie has PRIORITIES.

qBkgRnJ.png

I had Gringo rescued because weak link, so I'm placing him on a pillar.

YK7ptgI.png

DEAD!

aYqWwUS.png

Well, at least she proved useful in the end!

YN4kBQF.pngSqIHTjn.png

Mandrake weakens the sniper so Mary can kill it. A bit of a risky engagement, sure, but hey. Well, that's 2/3 prepromotes down. Surely, Blademaster wouldn't put any MORE in...right?

3jz6Bfy.png

The initial wave is clear, let's keep moving through the castle.

gLt83s8.png

3j88oIx.png

I love +2's. They feel unnatural, but I love them anyway.

Ccxnjj0.png

The paladin, placed where Raven is placed in normal FE, moves towards us. We'll have to contend with him shortly.

XG12b7M.png

As I've said, her only strength is magic. Which is ironic.

cWW4Zus.png

Larry re-gets his tenth level. It's worse.

wPZ4HQn.png

Ugh...well, it was kinda like this in normal FE too...

jzKi61P.png

Keep in mind the first thief's inventory filled, and this one finished the job.

fJaSVgT.png

OH NO

THE TROUBADOUR ARMY IS UPON US

BrrXhdy.pngqOmDX7P.png

Sandy weakens perfectly so Nick can finish and get a great level.

HwTqYTL.png

Mary, though...she has good bases, but she needs to start growing in stats like skill.

H74WNA2.png

FEAR THE TROUBADOURS

THEY ARE ANNOYING

xzzEvIt.png

WOW

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY

pweYDyE.png

One of the thieves escapes, and the other will follow him shortly. Now, I know what you're thinking, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Blademaster should have been able to do thief escapes in 2011. The only other hack I've seen do this is Dream of Five, and even then it was rather glitchy. My theory, though, is that he just re-used the already-there escape code for the thieves from FE7.

MEZw6XR.png

Tell me, is this a perfect level?

PBrygxq.png

Okay. This level is good. Except for the Valkyrie, the game has put up little resistance.

ARE YOU READY FOR THAT TO CHANGE

ARE YOU READY FOR

THE BS?

dq3YIaF.png

FIRST! A general and two soldiers(one not shown) emerge from one of the cells! In the other, ANOTHER valkyrie emerges!

jt10DAe.png

A GENERAL AND TWO KNIGHTS FROM THE TOP!

"But but, Moniker" you say, and I'm like "WHAT? HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THIS BS?" and you're like all sad and then you start crying, and then I'm like "MAN UP SON AND ASK YOUR QUESTION" and tears are pouring out of your little baby eyes while you say "T-those reinforcements a-aren't anywhere near you...how are they B-BS?" and I'm all "WELL YOU DIDN'T LET ME FINISH, DID YOU? HERE, LET ME SHOW YOU"

kkyvUsC.png

You forgot about the wyverns down here!

NsrDbco.png

But by far the worst one of all...three cavs with another paladin from the side, in an area we JUST passed, and if we had been any slower we'd still be there!

u695fqh.png

Honestly, it's a good thing they went after Lila FIRST. Otherwise, she would have been wide open for this paladin's assault, and likely badly hurt.

iUQm6Cb.pngaJMH1jg.png

JHxYCkS.png

One last thing: PEGS FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BOTTOM. LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO MERLINUS.

So yeah, this is honestly the worst reinforcement wave yet. The only good news is that it's only one wave. Honestly, this chapter would be almost impossible if it went on for three turns like most reinforcements.

wgJCX7Y.png

This is me, using my savestate powers, to MAKE SURE that no more dudes are coming. I'll be doing this a lot now that we've all seen just how bad this hack gets.

X7aoSiz.pngGPI9HMV.png

Nick. You're fine. But Star...oh, Star...you were headed for Stardom...but you've fallen on the Road to Ruin...get off those drugs! Put aside that alcohol! AND GET YOUR LIFE BACK ON TRACK!

fmoh6VN.pngupDdHyJ.png

MjwYYva.png

Yeah, that reinforcement wave filled all the hallways again. They were empty until this point.

bEUalfB.png

Oh hey, support! Donovan has one more available support(the other three go to canon love interest), and this is it:

UAfDbDt.png

Donovan: Oh. It’s the whiney brat. What do you want?

Larry: I swear, when this war is over, I will have you imprisoned and executed just like that bastard Troy.

7RiCspf.png

That was

I just

Don't even want to update anymore

Cutting time

Edited by TheMoniker

no star, your making it too easy for failed celebrity jokes!!!

i can't wait to actually see were the plot is gonna go from here, it is so bad i just wanna see its final train wreck.

though i could care less about the supports as i doubt it changes anything in the story.

(though they are the most horrendous thing I've ever seen, like the story i can at least cringe from the stupidity, but the support writing is just. . . awful and not fun to watch.)

I can't.

IT'S CORRUPT THEOCRACY

ITS COARUPTING ME

God... it's like if Hector and Raven had a support... when they were both drunk. HOW IS THIS NOT PARODY!?

I wonder the same thing sometimes, but other evidence indicates an explicit lack of parodying. Like...the fact that the characters aren't making fourth wall jokes at all...

I can't follow the story, so I'm treating the dialogue like it's an entity unto itself. Also, spoiler tags work now~!

Yup, I got that last page all nice and cleaned up.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 15: Chapter 14: Part 2: Supports and Boringness and Story/Gameplay Inconsistencies

K6GHGLx.png9LmStEb.png

As you can see, although we survived the turn the reinforcements came on, we didn't survive the one immediately after. What a great way to start an update.

BhNeVvz.png

We survive this time. I'd have killed those troubadors already, but I'm saving them for units that need training. They've just sort of been hanging out...

QthMniT.pngks3XjLl.png

My weak units keep being occupied by their grind attempts.

uArAa7G.png

Phew! It's a good thing this valkyrie only has a

cIfbyjr.png

SLEEP STAFF OH LORD

ixWEa90.png

Dangit Mary! Skill is good, but you gotta focus on the ESSENTIALS!

H0GG1aJ.png

Just an afterthought, the giant wave ALSO included a female thief next to the chests, but she has "attack attack attack AI"...and she naturally homed in on the most valuable stealable we have!

mBd2dHE.png

THE TROUBADOUR ARMY

IT IS INVINCIBLE

ANo92iH.png

Nick unfortunately does not have the strength of character to dodge.

j02OXam.pngnG5vNAF.png

Once again, at least she proved profitable.

WNFXESH.pnggg23S98.png

Wow, a level from stealing. As you can see, Larry is taking advantage of that new speed cap.

aV1q5mx.png

At this rate, we'll reach our hit goal in no time...

7j7X1E9.png

Magic!

jNkxDPC.png

And now the generals are here.

8jRhXZb.png

Gringo outclasses these soldiers so badly.

YBJJt5s.png

These guys are VERY hard to kill without using a support-powered unit.

gkU5rX6.png

When you have supports, of course...

UjpfT1j.png

You can at last do a BANDIT ROOOOOOAAAARRRR

This is actually the first one he's done the whole hack!

0Rdq1tL.png

Craft is an amazing unit. He was even BETTER in my first run, but only because I only had him and Star supporting, really, which forced me to use him to destroy entire armies.

nbhBKzo.pngQCJCC9R.png

Teamwork + the coolest dodge ever.

DfolePt.png

I just

Don't even know what to say about this level

fhXG7r2.pngApThCOF.png

At last, the troubador army is dead!

8k9SyDf.png

This thief hasn't moved. Not even a little. Relieving him of the treasure won't be hard. I'll have him and Larry do it once Nick wakes up from his nap...

wO1XAte.png

Which he does, a short bit later.

sXFnTOv.png

Time to get started...

However, I'd also like to point out something:

goM5JHI.png

This. Since literally every enemy charges you and pins you down in the first corridor, you have to make all your units tromp through the enemy castle with no resistance or anything to do at all.

Markyjoe would go insane playing this hack.

vMxBPVt.pnga0FgLbt.png

Levels happen.

V8wVwFR.png

Stupid vulnerary. This thief is annoying to kill.

o4WcVwW.png

Unless we use the other thief...

sXiSid7.png

Yeah, if you'd been keeping track of the chests, you'd see the whole silver tier. Of course, we can only actually GET two of them, and we already have plenty of silver axes and silver bows from Part 1...

EWv254J.png

Ugh, at least she's tanky. Although, what I'm REALLY worried about is that skill. It will NOT serve her well to have 2 skill upon promotion...

XoTJpuL.png

Eventually, we make it, and bring the bottom group around as well.

XqpOLle.png

The three soldiers are easily taken care of, so...

SUPPORT TIME

7ac92dN.pnghadsqhd.png

Larry: It’s that Donovan… I don’t know why, but every fiber of my being just hates him for some reason. It just feels unatural to me.

Mary: So you think you hate him more than someone you would normally not hate as much?

Larry: Indeed. But I don’t know why.

So, this is sort of Blademaster's attempt to justify Larry being needlessly jerky to Donovan(I HATE HIM FOR NO REASON). Even if this WAS a valid explanation, putting it in an obscure second-level support conversation basically guarantees that no one will see it.

FIl6GPj.pngunJkcvm.pngaCHEQgQ.png

Lila: more appropriate today.

Gringo: Yes, of course it is my lady…

Lila: Very well then. Keep up the good work!*leaves*

Gringo: Maybe I should leave this army…

Don't do that! You're just starting to become useful!

G9Bsp6I.png

DyAA7IE.png

That's all. Gee, this boss sure is tough, isn't he?

Pm7pyBz.png

SO HARD TO BEAT

agr6Xvx.png

Just look at that glistening red palette. Wow.

WoA8m7g.pngH6drU9f.png

Well, now we get a game over, or a sad realization that we won't get to recruit him, right?

8mfKKiY.png

Nope!

Okay, let me show you something:

S3IxamF.png

If we DO talk to him...

n5lvQZe.png

IT'S LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME THING. Wow. Just wow.

I do choose to take the "talking" path, because I'm too lazy to re-kill him.

Larry: It’s me, Larry! Your son!

Ether: ALL HAIL THE POPE! All hail the pope.

QEokDdz.png

Larry: Father! You’re back!

Ether: I was gone? I… I can’t remember…

Larry: It’s alright now dad. Tell me. Where is Gunni? Do you remember that you took her?

Ether: Uhhh… I… I think she’s safe. I remember leaving her with a man named… Orca?

Ether apparently left her in an entirely different country, a VERY long ways away from here. Great.

Larry: The pirate who lives at Osena castle in Merc?

Ether: Yes… ugh…

4MclU7h.pngIY9FxB9.png

Donovan: …

Sudden transition:

mPecxIL.png

Donovan: character right?

Elliot: That’s right. We need her to break Zypher free from his berserk state.

Hellen: She’s also an amazingly talented tactician. Probably one of the best in history. Infact, she was the one who originally formulated this plan!

I honestly can't believe this as intelligent, but at the same time it shows ludicrous amounts of foresight. Is she ALSO telepathic?

Larry: My father coming under the influence of the wide range berserk was the only thing she didn’t plan on.

Donovan: A trip to Merc eh? I haven’t been there since I was younger Those were good times… Good times…

vrHmSaw.png

Larry: I think we should leave them in Merc. They are just a bunch of uncouth gutter trash that doesn’t fit in with the rest of us.

That is ALSO the main reason why you're winning!

Hellen: And they are only here because Star’s father was a famous General who abandoned our country…

Getting killed in a foreign court=abandoned

Elliot: Let’s just see what happens in Merc and then decide. Regardless of who they are, they are still strong warriors.

A character showing a drop of sense? GASP!

BX9wsMS.pngtL8UVDY.png

Next time: Very little about this "hooded girl"!

I'm gonna be gone for a little bit. Don't expect any more updates today or early tomorrow.

I wonder the same thing sometimes, but other evidence indicates an explicit lack of parodying. Like...the fact that the characters aren't making fourth wall jokes at all...

That's true... well, aside from "Fire Emburem" heheheh...

I think that Blademaster started out serious but then when it came to long tasks, such as concocting supports and "talk" options, he ended up "messing around" ...so it's sorta a half parody. Maybe?

PQRdOOq.pngaltPeGr.png

...Yeah, half-Parody! And "derp" is so not dated or annoying or retarded or anything.

back when he made this hack, it was around when derp was actually a fairly new meme

2011 or thereabouts? I meant that why would he put that in there to be taken seriously when he must've known "derp" wouldn't go down well at all, let alone age well. Therefore, it has to be parody. Gha! What am I doing? Applying logic to this hack? I need so stop being so silly...

markyjoe would indeed go insane from this hack. . .

maybe i should forward him the link to this topic?

Your call, I suppose. Although, he did say he wanted to disassociate himself from non-Midnight Sun hacks for a while...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 16: Chapter 15: Part 1: Death is a Part of Life

WyJFHv8.pngTRwrpd2.png

Back to custom maps. You should be able to tell from the screenshot the quality of this one.

SYAA0Vm.png

Anna: beserk staff, the group heads to Merc to find Gunni, master tactician and princess of the Earth clan. But little did they know, the group was about to meet another person who would truly set fate in motion…

I'm getting deja vu here...

mvzYmzy.png

This looks like a normal screenshot...but look closer. Notice anything different?

That's right.

ACTUAL WALKING EVENTS! Since making this hack was sort of a learning experience for Blademaster(to say the least!), this must be the point where he starts experimenting with these things. This one is kinda bad since some just still appear regardless, but there's an even better one next chapter.

GDPvetv.pngZWTEOAg.png

Star: it’s the first time I’ve ever been here.

Hellen: Well, this is the first time I’ve ever been here too. Elliot, you’ve been here before right?

Elliot: I came once when we hired Shark and Kerry. It was interesting place full of culture.

"Full of culture". What a great way of putting it.

Sandy: Well duh. Dragon and Merc are the only countries that have any real culture. Holy just uses a worse version of our culture and Mage and Repub don’t have any culture.

W...WHAT? Culture isn't just something you can track or say a country doesn't have! Culture is a concept, and if any country SOMEHOW actually lacked culture, that lack would ultimately become a culture in and of itself! Sandy's being so... so... I don't even know the proper "-ist" for this!

Hellen: Is that a joke? We have our own*text skip*

Sandy: Of nobles and high society nonsense. You are also just emulating Holy. Remember to look and see what real culture is like.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Bleh. I mean, the hack ALREADY had the taste so sour I was puckering up, but that made it MORE sour.

t8ama5V.png

Star: But I can’t blame them. Donovan really looked up to Beyard and was really upset when he was executed. I think he acts the way he does to try and emulate him. Sandy’s whole family except for Shark was killed by Holy when Holy decided killing them would be better than paying them for a job. And Craft has always been forced to live in his brother’s shadow. Not to mention all the hardships Sandy and Donovan went to keep my safe…

BUT WHAT'S IN THE SAFE

6mLlrNb.png

Hellen: I’ll have you know. It’s not an excuse.

Elliot: I don’t think we can ever understand their hardships though. We may all be the same age, but they are much more experienced in the ways of the world.

Is this that prostitution thing again?

90Puq9P.pngMokpMVC.png

Suddenly a female myrm...walks...(I still can't get over that) to us...

M5mmqZn.png

Larry: Any further and*text skip*

Sandy: Kat? Kat is that you?

Kat: Sandy! I was right! It is you! Please! I need your help!

So, Kat is another plot-important character and one of our very few myrms. Hence, we'll be using her.

Larry: Sorry, but we are in a hurry. We have no time to help any Merc trash.

Sandy: Sure. What’s the problem?

Larry: *text skip*

Kat: I was doing a transport mission with this fledging mercenary group when we were attacked by another fledging group!

OH NO NOT ONE OF THOSE FLEDGING GROUPS

Kat: And now, I’ve been separated from the only survivor and our leader, Erika. We also still have to save another one of our transports.

"Aside from me, there's only one survivor, except for the other two survivors."

Sandy: Who is the transport for?

Larry: *text skip*

Kat: A member of the Assassin guild.

Sandy: What! Really!?!? Then we definitely have to help!

Larry: What? Why?

Because they'd be a good ally?

Sandy: The Assassin guild has always been the most dangerous group in Merc. When it was originally founded, all five members of that generations Merc five were part of it. Currently, they only have two of the Merc Five among them though. Jello and Death.

WHAT

GREAT

NAMES

Larry: So you’re worried this could come back to bite us in the butt?

And how would this bite US in the butt, and not the "fledging" group who attacked the transports?

Sandy: That and that we’re family. Kerry is her cousin.

Larry: Got it. I’ll go inform everyone then.

iY4C0vv.png

Chapter title person!

Random appearance: The more time we spend talking, The more in danger those two are.

Sandy: So you’re one of the transports?

Transport: Yes…

They...were transporting small girls? ...Are we SURE we should be helping these people?

Kat: Don’t worry miss! You’re in good hands now! Sandy’s a great swordswomen!

As long as Craft and Star are there to back her up!

4pJ7CQ6.pnguYgpjcq.png

The walking events do not apply to the enemies. Standard deployment. Also, here's the people we're trying to save! WILL WE SAVE THEM?

I3sNmgf.png

Ohmigosh, the dancer is a Neime/Tethys splice, with a maybe a bit of Ninian! Thats...sort of amazing!

Neimithys: This sucks… Why couldn’t my brother or that old guy come help us? And now I’m stuck here all alone while the Princess is who knows where with that Gray haired fledgling… I guess I’ll just wait here for her to come to my rescue!

BIlj86B.png53hrLQj.png

Erika: You’ve trained for situations like this. Trust in Kat. She will be back…

She's panicking, and RIGHTFULLY so, as we will see.

Ps8NF96.pngWGZZXat.png

Power-hungry noob: wipe out, the more well known we will be become! We’ll be the next Assassin’s guild!

Lofty ambitions, little power to back it up. Still, these guys have quite the numbers for a fledging group...

END DIALOGUE

1yC4K63.png

Well, no more dialogue! Time to start...

aFNkGKx.png

We have enough spots to deploy everyone. Always nice. In future chapters though, I remember the slot numbers getting REALLY weird...

489YsWx.pngkcGqJxM.png

If you didn't pick up from the screenshots...this is the map. A mountain in the middle, a lake and houses in one corner, and some forts and cliffs in the other. At least he varied the grass tiles, but...seriously?

4FaU3fF.pngKQQiPSH.pngY47zaUb.png

"Brazen", huh? Anyways, Janet is a dancer with actual caps. Come to think of it, Nova actually DIDN'T carry over from Part 1, which is kind of odd. maybe it's a character slot thing? You can't have a Ninian AND a Nils? Either way, it just makes the entire thing even odder.

OBfayQE.pngAR2CTMd.pngpYq3OpR.png

Ugh, due to weapon triangle, this would be FAR easier if Blademaster had granted her a sword she could actually use...Erika's stats are good, but are they good ENOUGH for her to survive long enough for us to get there?

And yes, this isn't even a splice. This is just copied Echidna.

KMwx8zE.png

We don't start next to anyone. Naturally.

Also, Blademaster apparently figured out how to do must-survive diamonds too!

WKlhbaM.pngHJOxHd9.png

Remember those warriors next to the boss? They...aren't threatening. Seriously, they're worse than FE8 prepromotes.

4r91cK1.png

The mooks are more threatening!

4LkavJu.png

And that guy in the village 2 chapters ago was right, they DO tend to use blades! This chapter represents an ever-so-slight quality increase in the hack, even if the map DOES cancel most of it out.

Y5vWH7B.png5cVfADz.png

Roy WOULD be threatening...if he actually moved. Which he doesn't.

Starting the chapter...

gBcfdhp.png

Donovan: Well of course you’re going to be fighting with us! It’s your mission! Not ours!

Kat: Oh, yeah right.

Not sure how to interpret that...but these are better than listening to the start narration again.

BiQvFbb.png

Merlinus APPEARS defensible...

Y4FJYey.pngat0FIbs.pnglWgAYTB.png

Kat has pretty good bases, despite her level. However, we will quickly see that she works on the "left side" of the level up board...that is, she's a glass cannon.

eI6DWnX.png

As usual, the first turn is just movement.

cAc5QBY.png

Right away, this myrm crits. Did I mention they ALL have killer edges? On a unit who can only wield an axe?

k2SCMO0.png

Wow

I really have high hopes for her survival

cyzmymM.png

HIGH...HOPES...

vvcWUDb.png7VR6DtU.png

Please Erika, just RUN!

152m1ZK.png

And...she heals. Blademaster didn't give her enough AI to actually move away from the army that wants to murder her, and she has a vulnerary instead of a proper elixir, PLUS the inability to switch away from her axe against the sword-users...

Blademaster...do you WANT her to die?

zKTOONN.png

I'll save this one, at least.

RO1uIUb.png

Janet: OH! OH! Are they attractive?

Kat: Can’t you think about something else for once…

Janet: Is Iris safe?

Kat: Yes, why?

Janet: Well, you said talk about something else! Well lets goooo!

b6M9BLb.png

Okay, I guess we'd best hurry!

YuReBid.png

Janet's palette is just Ninian, which is a pity, because red Ninian might look cool.

eEHhyRb.png

Annnnnd the rescuer can't reach her. Dang.

01520WW.png

Welp.

wE0fONV.png7ySudQy.pngDBuVE1L.png

THE END

Yeah, I'm NOT going to the trouble to save her. What, you actually care about Corrupt Theocracy enough to want otherwise? I'm SO SORRY I don't feel the same!

1Lnq4SC.png

Here, have a level. Now you KNOW it's official.

27ZY6A6.png

VENGEANCE

a5mmWNj.png

Ow! Well, at least that won't happen a second time!

V5TMqBW.png

Nick is fast becoming good.

n2PG0ZX.png

Stupid mountains...

7ux62cF.png

Magic!

4uxyFTU.png

We're just churning throught the enemy cluster!

tJ5mm06.png

Some myrms Erika injured are retreating, to go alllllllll the way to the forts on the other side of the map.

ElROA4W.png

Everyone, I present to you the level 13 bandit with 17 speed!

ato6ZDr.png

Right idea. Wrong dude.

tX0YbAX.png

VERY wrong person.

Okay, you guys ready for another level dump? The combat is boring, so I won't burden you with my every move!

Also, you might have noticed that, considering the number and level of enemies I'm facing, I should have WAY less levels. But...I think Blademaster did something to the XP formula, if that's possible. Just about every enemy gives a bit over 30 XP, even though I'm several levels above them!

Dr17YRv.png

Bleh. I HATE poison, even if it does generate XP for the healers.

fl1D9Bu.png

Come on Craft...max that strength...

Z6Xeg1l.png

Good level? Also, I thought mercs had res as like, their only weakness!

5RsLrWL.png

Magic! Always valuable for Sophie!

EfUEetp.png

Strength!

zEqZvg6.png

WOW

IT HAPPENED AGAIN

lTcNllU.png

LOOK AT ME

FOOLISHLY ASSUMING IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN A THIRD TIME

L1K0KV3.png

Well, I guess that's what plot-important characters do...but normally, they don't

0bKnRq0.png

GIVE US A GAME OVER ANYWAY!

dbzobFP.png

TURN THE RNG AGAINST HIM

lJ1744l.png

We'll be seeing those three stats from her a lot. And, while Blademaster gave thieves, mercs, and blade lords buffs to their speed/skill cap, the myrms get NOTHING.

Okay, I think that's enough for now. I'll bet your guys' eyes start to glaze over if you read too much of this...

Sandy: The Assassin guild has always been the most dangerous group in Merc. When it was originally founded, all five members of that generations Merc five were part of it. Currently, they only have two of the Merc Five among them though. Jello and Death.

WHAT

GREAT

NAMES

It's official, I'm naming my future daughter Jello. :3:

pYq3OpR.png

I also sorta assumed this would be Eirika, isn't that funny?

gringo is NOT a spiced ford. He is simply ford's unedited fe8 prototype sprite, (just like with blaze and kyle again.) now that the prototype dancer sprite has shown up, we probably won't be seing any more of them, because there are no more really different ones.