TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

That's because she's a Mage Knight in my runs, not a Sage. Though I wonder how much more insane this hack would've been if there were branched promotions. . .

don't jinx us.

the darlex might hear you in the future. and then were all doomed.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because she's a Mage Knight in my runs, not a Sage. Though I wonder how much more insane this hack would've been if there were branched promotions. . .

Hear hear. Blademaster does seem to be stalking this thread, so I guess it's happening XD

Why even bother with the trees and etc? Just make a bunch of maps made of one grass tile and then put 100 enemies on the map in an array of positions

Because you can't go over 50 enemies on the map at a time :cry:

Though map design wasn't something I really thought of when I made this. Like in chapter 25 the fact that you could rescue drop your way over the chapter was something I never considered since I never used rescue back then. The same could be said of any warp/rescue staff shenanigans since those were also items I never used but left in since they were in the game. I'm not even sure if I knew warp skipping was even a thing back then.

Edited by Blademaster!

Wow, never knew that! If a wave of reinforcements were to come in that would bring the enemy count over 50, would the reinforcement units just not be deployed?

Yeah. It's in some other FE games as well and I've found that making use of this is helpful in chapter 14 of FE5. Though other than that chapter I can't recall any others in the series where you'll really notice it happen.

Wow, never knew that! If a wave of reinforcements were to come in that would bring the enemy count over 50, would the reinforcement units just not be deployed?

I ran into this exact issue in FE7CM. For some reason, I couldn't get Harken to spawn! Then I realized it was because waiting two turns made enemies spawn and by the turn he showed up, the count was at max so only Karel would appear.

I ran into this exact issue in FE7CM. For some reason, I couldn't get Harken to spawn! Then I realized it was because waiting two turns made enemies spawn and by the turn he showed up, the count was at max so only Karel would appear.

So you would just get no one? Or would Karel show up instead?

So this is the part of the game where blademaster gave up on map design? Why even bother with the trees and etc? Just make a bunch of maps made of one grass tile and then put 100 enemies on the map in an array of positions, and let that be the chapter, every chapter, from start to endgame. It's practically the level this chapter is at now.

Really, I think the thing is that there's an important line. The line where when you're making a project for the entertainment of others-and not getting payed for it-of whether or not you're actually enjoying what you're doing, and if you're just trying to get it DONE. I think Blademaster was too busy learning how to hack in Part 1 to have fun, and by Part 2 he was bored, kept getting continuously more bored, and the enjoyability/quality of the hack just kept lowering to reflect that.

hacks and fangames that do this are pure scum

like that sealed sword fangame

buyable boots what

I wouldn't be so quick to use sarcasm

As other have said, the unit cap, for all three colors, is 50. I've heard there's a way to bypass it, but I don't know what it is. And as we will see this chapter, the reinforcements simply won't be deployed.

Hello babes and bros. Welcome back to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 27: Chapter 26: Part 2: Things Just Keep Happening

ic7WQxb.pngQfsggFy.png

Allies drop, and the friendly valkyrie puts the heal on a peg.

gqB2xWx.png

Start of...the third turn? I think? Either way...

FNQs7cn.png

First level! And...it isn't that great! Really, if you're gonna hand us a character with such low starting stats, the least you could do is give them uber growths! Well...admittedly these growths are ALREADY uber. But they should be MORE uber due to proportions!

XOzp6Ug.png

Hp cap!

ga5xdwz.png

Defense please!

8EdbzM3.png

DEFENSE PLEASE!

2ugvoxS.png

HOLY CRAP 103 CRIT

FmCaDrh.png

Guess how dead that general is!

eeKf2Qh.png

End of whatever turn it is. I don't feel all that threatened by the generals...

MmqsNjP.png

Also, Ohana's just gonna sit on this castle.

Lr5pvCa.png

Cyrus is still alive, and I still need to get Craft to him. Somehow.

205ZcGe.pngJ2Zi5xV.png

Erm...level cap...I'll show the stats in a minute...

9hDkliQ.png

Hey! They got a kill!

15JWJVN.png

Okay, that's too many kills! NO MORE STEALING!

wJuaD86.png

Another good level by one of the few units who even has stats to gain!

So, let me just say something.

eMN202K.png

It's turn 4...

VNQ6ctz.png

And they can already support. Is this a canon pairing or what?

Iris: Donovan…

Donovan: Princess! How can I help you.

Iris: I’m still not used to combat just yet. I was wondering if you could stay by my side and help protect me…

Donovan: Of course! Anything for you, dear Iris.

7QcN2w9.png

...Just...wow.

GwnfhYb.pngqGUpMVM.png5aRsD9X.png

Hey there, unremarkable house. Also, I haven't sent Sandy to the village because of reasons. All will be explained in time.

QeRdwmC.png

Phew! We have to fend these guys off!

pj8uU3k.png

And then Cyrus one-hit kills Donovan! Wooo!

daGL3pZ.png

*eye twitches*

0L1c1fo.pngiYcledj.png

With some force rearranging, other things happen instead! Like Cyrus badly hurting Iris and her nearly dying to a general!

7iP1TEX.pngOJTeLaF.png

Uh...I know that magic seal is annoying, but could you guys focus your efforts on enemies that can actually kill us?

DHj6f1w.png

Speaking of which, Seel's aura is enveloping a large portion of our dudes.

2v9z5n7.png

Let me show you why that valkyrie is special!

*fails*

Nevermind, I'll show you later! ...Again! DON'T WORRY I'LL GET TO IT EVENTUALLY

mmor2eO.png

Gah, Cyrus is so annoying! I don't think we can not kill him much longer!

ELTO5DG.png

RESCUE GO

vySDqpq.pngtfgX5Ez.png

Talk time!

Cyrus: Craft. How are you?

Craft: I’m good. Just fighting against Holy.

Cyrus: Is that really what you want to do? Wouldn’t you rather fight for Holy?

Ah hah. Wait, this isn't going to be like Jill, is it?

Craft: Why would I do that?

Cyrus: All I have to do is tell the pope you are my brother and have been my spy all along and you will become a lord. All the booze and beer in the world will be yours.

Craft: Really? That doesn’t

eeZugWK.png

Wait, what?

Cyrus: Perfect! Let’s go kick some Repub ass!

Craft: Yeah! Fuck Repub!

NOOO! NOT CRAFT! HE'S THE BEST DUDE ON THE TEAM!

rplHRoy.png

Oh, never mind. You know, looking at the way Craft's eyes are pointing...I'm not entirely sure it's Cyrus he's talking to. And I don't like it.

Cyrus: Yeah you did. Holy sucks. Let’s kick their ass instead!

Craft: You know it!

SW8UDl3.png

And now he's on our side, without his commander thingy, and none of his guys turned to our side! Still, we have yet another amazing prepromote who we will NEVER use!

MfisEx9.png

Yeah, nobody cares about you, random unexplained guy.

clpNKzx.png

She needs more POWER!

6wshSF5.png

Giafried is a tough boss, thanks to being moving and having a crazy good weapon. With supports though, all of that can be mitigated!

viH1FdU.pngb397446.png

DIE MONSTER

Also, note the odd palette!

fUjkXQq.pnglS4RjFF.png

Nick slams that level cap, and barely caps HP! Such a great paladin! I don't think we need Cyrus, do you?

mQhSCZQ.png

And dead.

Lk4cBoG.pngdsEsqxw.png

Mandrake hits his level cap. Really, I think he's a worse Bishop than Sophie, his only advantage being higher HP/def. Then again, Sophie's only advantage is RES. I'd say they're about equal, honestly!

wv6iXGq.pngsXZszol.png

Defense makes it good!

EKc6qOK.png

Sal did great in everything but defense. It's the only advantage Iris has on her. And really, I don't think having two awesome "dark sages" is a problem, per se. Do you?

Remember, I still haven't used any statboosters, hah! All of these stats are NATURAL!

6f5kMRP.png

And then, reinforcements come from ALL the boss forts! This is another reason why the map is long, tons and TONS of reinforcements! Believe me, this gets even better!

na0oXQe.png

Nick gets hurt. But without Giafried, we've won against the second wave of enemies!

dzivnmb.png

The flier unit is nearly dead.

SRWQNjr.png

This is one of the few helpful things the valkyrie does all chapter.

PRAyLEm.png

A support!

Elliot: Hey Kaze. What is your clan like?

Kaze: It is peaceful and festive. We are always partying, drinking, and dancing. I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the whole world.

Elliot: I see… Kaze… I have another favor to ask of you.

Kaze: What is it?

Elliot: When this war is over, may I join your clan? My home… My clan… I can’t speak of them as you can. I love my father and mother, but I can’t stand everyone else. They annoy me to no end and are all ignorant. Please, let me go with you!

Honestly, Elliot is the ONLY good character in the entire hack. He's the only one who isn't consistently a jerk or logic-defying, and shows some believability. Honestly, if I had friends like his friends, I'd be more than eager to leave them behind to go live with someone who WASN'T a complete jerk.

Kaze: …Very well. I do enjoy your company, so I will let you come join our clan. But there will be a condition…

Elliot: Anything! I’ll do anything for you!

Kaze: That’s just what I wanted to hear… My new husband…

QSnxh4a.png

ElliotxKaze officially canon pairing.

bFVh2FG.png

Skill!

AflIAFI.png

So, you may have noticed that we're kinda moving upwards, not sideways. That's because I'm trying to move everyone into the allied base. There is a VERY VERY VERY good reason for this. And that reason is that the area outside the ally base can get...very unsafe.

pyATfck.png

Another wave of reinforcements comes from the forts. The waves basically consist of generals and paladins, with a few snipers.

wloLeFd.png

The last flier helps to stymy the tide of generals, but he falls, and now all we're almost out of allies!

9EmakTj.pngdlJUFkM.png

Janet gets her last dancer. And I declare that she is BY FAR the worst unit on the team. I hope FE8CM!Ninian is better than this!

4md9Dzg.png

This is good Iris, but what you really want is HP! HP to be even better than Sal!

mTk3AIi.png

I get tired of waiting, and rescuedrop the valkyrie onto the village. I'll explain momentarily.

wFRygAX.png

So, we almost have everyone in the base. Keep moving, everybody! We have to get there before the insanity starts!

EIQGlQ3.png

OH CRAP ITS STARTING

Z2RfqmV.png

So, first, three snipers from this side. I know I showed two, but more come.

ZCheHz4.png

So...you see that diagonal line of 5 snipers?

None of them were there before.

THEY'RE ALL ENEMY PHASE REINFORCEMENTS. THAT APPEARED OUT OF LITERALLY NOWHERE!

THIS IS WHY I'M TRYING TO GET EVERYONE TO SAFETY! BECAUSE THIS HAPPENS!

vKN2d6q.png

Oh yeah, and see that sniper really close to my defense line? That guy ALSO wasn't there before! They spawn troops literally RIGHT OUTSIDE THE ALLY BASE! Granted, the enemies will be blocking the majority of them, but still!

RpnyRnp.png

And then they all go and badly hurt Elliot! Grr!

GlbvpuF.png

Uh, thanks...but you were supposed to do something else.

vHPrCOm.png

Okay, I might as well explain now.

See this village?

The allied valkyries will destroy it.

No, I'm serious. I'll get a screencap later, but...yeah, they do. THEY DESTROY THE VILLAGES OF THEIR OWN ALLIES. THEY DESTROY THE VILLAGE THAT CONTAINS THE ONLY PROMOTION ITEMS FOR TWO IMPORTANT LORDS! What the heck?

993aptb.png

Okay, I'm not waiting any longer. Let's get Sandy promoted!

M1qXeKa.png

Jake: 47 people including the people you get in this chapter! Only seven more to go! Here, take this Seal.

dqXy2fJ.png

What he means by that is, 1 character who we have to work to recruit, and 6 who join us in the final battle.

NAAJ64R.png

But anyways. We can FINALLY do this!

78jxLaO.png

SWORD LORD!

Gotta admit it has a better ring to it than Blade Lord. Someone should really rename the class.

4t9bGzu.png

UBER GAINS!

Unfortunately, I forgot to screenie her stat bars. Ah well, you can clearly see that she has really good stats!

1N6N9U2.png

Elliot's first level! And it's good!

q6ADpTM.pngrlxRmD2.png

Bandidude(?): I’m sure you know this by know, but he died in the desert an old man. I guess it was an end to his Bandit’s Reign.

K048k2f.png

Well, I'm really not sure about that one. Anyways, everyone's in the base, now all there is to do is weather the storm...

NEXT TIME: You know what would make this experience EVEN BETTER? HILARIOUS GLITCHES!

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 27: Chapter 26: Part 3: The Best Worst Promotion Ever

rlIRZ84.png

First, we FINALLY get to visit Craft's house!

6gCiEYs.png

Wa-HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

FMJWG6W.pngZ5oD3wg.pngPIB26Wv.png

Dang, I guess we could have just sent a flier by there! Ah well, now we have...what is this axe, exactly?

lfdAT6O.png

It's OP, is what it is! Tons of accuracy, plenty of Mt, non-0 base crit, 60 uses, oh, and brave effect! Only Craft can use it, and of course this is one of the many things that make him a good character.

vFQdNAx.png

I hate not having a Merlinus. Then again, he's full anyway.

v45Q1cT.png

Okay, so, you might notice something, and that's that the reinforcements don't actually appear. See, the game is attempting to spawn them, but we outright SLAMMED the 50 enemy cap a while ago. So the camera moves around the map, but only a few enemies actually appear. It's kinda odd.

WAJKFtN.png

LOOK AT THAT SNIPER FORMATION

G0EgO1Z.png

Gee Valkyrie...thanks...

Bn2a09R.png

So...this is how the map is looking. Here, why don't I give you a picture of what we're fighting:

xmaboot.pngfpGF7Lg.png

wWEynQB.pnggL12I7H.png

Maybe I should do this bite-sized chunk of map thing more often...you gotta admit that looks nice!

G2GaATg.png

Donovan SHOULD be able to reach Brammimond here, but...

WMFGJkc.png

For SOME REASON this tile is labeled ruins. Probably for the palette used for the path. The tile below it is labeled as a village(unvisitable, of course). We'll get him promoted next turn.

eZsMKvW.pngMS9EVYa.png

Warning dude: is made up of pure magic users! Bring Barrier and Restore staves!

Just for once, someone gives us a correct and helpful tip. Both those staves could prove useful next chapter...

SpVv4gR.png

Good Elliot level...

6jLcuEC.png

6 damage...Sandy's been underleveled for so long, she's having a hard time killing enemies and catching up!

W5Urhqe.png

Beautiful! But please get HP!

lRCsCwO.png

Another camera scroll that doesn't really spawn anything.

zGZNGlk.png

Welp.

rmqrCpO.png

But then, just when I think I can put another of my dudes on the front line(for XP), the stupid valkyrie takes his place!

9GdWkLn.png

Okay, so. This is the promotion event.

And Blademaster gave a list of known glitches in the OP of the hack's topic.

There was only one that was actually important.

It said "DO NOT SKIP DONOVAN'S PROMOTION. IF YOU DO, BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN."

So, what are we going to do?

MASH THE START BUTTTOOOOOONNNN!!!

yzj7RXY.png

Donovan receives the Aura blade and...wait, what?

O7uxaoX.png

OH CRAP

bjr0pDh.png

So, if you didn't figure it out, Donovan's promoting...WHILE WE'RE ACCESSING THE INVENTORY SCREEN TO DROP AN ITEM! I didn't even know the game engine could DO that!

Then again, even if it can do that, it can't be used for anything because it basically MELTS afterwards.

sU0MZK7.png

Promotion...? Note that the item screen is STILL WORKING

kxPLfkJ.png

LET'S ACTUALLY drop something as the screen is exiting!

wTtrp2q.png

And then this happens. Shortly after, the screech of a thousand damned souls begins as well. Attempting to reset the game while doing the glitch just restarts the talk to Brammimond event.

That was fun, let's do more!

kP4Xyx0.png

Okay, THIS time, we drop an item right off the bat. The time at which you drop the item greatly varies the result of the glitch.

lXQgw9b.png

GLITCHOVAN

O17JLVE.png

This is BEFORE the promotion gains take effect. Notice anything off? Anything at all?

qjbLDFu.png

And then everybody disappears, and there's nothing we can do.

njZ5AI6.png

Okay, trying again, and THIS time we wait until all the events are finished before we actually drop something. And no, he doesn't have a slim sword in his inventory. Or a goddess icon, for that matter.

OlOgJDR.png

Much as I'd LOVE to explore this weird-looking convoy, it's full, and we can't select either icon. And yes, the glitch let us access Merlinus even though he is both full of items and dead.

1EaCxeC.png

Exiting results in a glitched screen, which eventually settles into...

VRTVbZa.png

This. It doesn't respond to inputs, and those particles move across the screen, like, like... the snow effect from last chapter.

Okay, okay, that's enough. Let's do it "normally".

NOTE: If you want to see that in video, someone else did a video LP of corrupt theocracy, and they have footage of it. They tried a method I didn't, dropping an item while the promotion stats were dinging. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTbmXw6i-U

wXJJl7j.png

Donovan: Lord Brammimond! I’m here! What is it that you have for me?

Brammimond: A gift from the three heroes. First, my gift. Close your eyes.

VYNH6yT.png

You know, Donovan's the only hero we get in the game. And that's why the class is renamed to...

mBxUaGd.png

KING! And yes, he does actually lose CON.

qZesegh.png

Donovan: Powerful. Stronger than I have ever been!

Brammimond: Good. Here is your gift from Hiro and Alester. Use it well.

*Brammimond leaves*

Donovan: No goodbye? Huh. A sword eh? I guess I will put it to good use!

No, Brammimond doesn't leave in-game. I guess you could rescue-drop/warp staff him around and make him kill stuff for you. If you wanted.

9BUknfY.pngZi70iFa.png

So, we get the AURA BLADE! For real this time! Donovan is suddenly good, getting a sword that has good Mt, plenty of hit and crit, oh, and 1-2 range! He will never need any other sword again, ever, forever!

JImNBwW.png

And his stats are good, but only just enough to be workable. It'll take some training before he can hit those ridiculous stat caps, but hit them he most likely will!

60TcFOJ.png

Oh, and the class has an unedited description. Naturally.

Okay, I can't resist. Let me try that ONE MORE TIME:

llPegGE.png

See, Donovan had a full inventory when he did that. If I make him throw away a vulnerary first, it's still glitchy...

hA6iWWJ.png

But the game eventually pulls out and is totally fine. Huh.

U22BQBy.png

Okay, okay, let's move on. This is a bad level for Elliot.

Gli9maW.pnga9Qkw74.png

Gush: I hear he even grew up around here too! I wish I was young enough to have known him then…

Well, that was the last house. I don't really get them at this point, but whatever.

0breKKR.png

Another wave of camera-scrolling...

YAyTKsr.png

First level! But...she needs strength!

bRlFvAd.png

This valkyrie gets attacked a bunch of times by snipers, but they miss and she ends up totally fine! Stupid valkyrie!

8NeUKL2.png

Get off that tile! I need to put other units there!

Suddenly, at the end of the enemy phase...

QNhvnFc.png

THE CAMERA STARTS SCROLLING DOWN TO MY FORT CLUSTER! OH CRAP! WHY WOULD YOU SPAWN ENEMY UNITS THERE? WHY? OHANA'S THERE TOO! I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SA-

VNiRYCr.png

Oh. Well then!

Wait...

WHERE'S OHANA?

hanX1Y7.png

No, I'm serious. She was there a few turns ago! You saw her! Now she's just...GONE! What? How?

After searching and determining that she DEFINITELY isn't around, I go back to last turn, and she's still there.

jD22Rvq.png

I redo the promotion...

OdoUzDk.png

And she's still there.

TcwyCBD.png

I wait out the enemy phase again, and she stays put this time. Weird. Well, she made life more inconvenient for me. I wouldn't have savestated for her if it wasn't for the fact that she has the Sol Katti still, which I want for Sandy.

vACFQn5.png

Okay, let's try out this crazy sword!

YPxCE1R.png

The sword casts-guess it-THE AURA SPELL! Believe it or not, one of Blademaster's custom weapons actually manages to be pretty cool! I like it!

8U9V4ZW.pngOGmzTAK.png

Level re-gets due to Ohana's stupid disappearance.

8L9stwW.png

Everyone look at

THE AMAZING UNIT TRAIN

xpZNcaj.png

Okay, I should probably look at these guys.

qMiWRE3.png

The wyverns are kinda weak, but they can take a few hits and damage the enemy a bit in response.

y8mCJn3.png

The valkyries...all have physics. Remember, the valkyrie already on field spends all her time healing units already at full health...this may be painful.

MZtBSmn.png

HP!

WGcSD0Z.png

This SEEMS like another reinforcement wave, but I really just misjudged the screenshot. In reality, the reinforcements have finally stopped! Thank you! Now we can turn things around!

zNCW6KG.png

Level...

Bdn6e9W.png

And now the only friendly nearby is that stupid valkyrie!

TNaqBDo.png

The allies get started on a general who though he'd come down here for healing.

O5fSHbC.png

Second wave?

...Oh, this is gonna be GOOD.

hoB79PP.png

STRENGTH!

nB9nkuk.png

Okay, so. We COULD stay holed up in our base. Let the red and green troops battle it out. Eventually, the greenies would lose, and the reds would be easy to defeat. OR we could push out now, at slightly higher risk, and help the greenies, then have them march with us to the castle. I think the choice is obvious.

QcG6B4L.pngGIgfdqm.png

They die, but...they distract the enemies! This is our opening!

aSEA8da.png

One last level!

NEXT TIME: We FINALLY finish!

Like you, sir, I may have run out of witty things to say about this hack... XD

103 Crit lol... I was going to ask how the game handled that, maybe there would be a double-crit that would crash the game... What kind of glitches would ensue, I wondered.

But Donovan's promotional shenanigans really trumped any glitchy nightmares I could imagine... It's like Fire Emblem meets an acid trip.

103 Crit lol... I was going to ask how the game handled that, maybe there would be a double-crit that would crash the game... What kind of glitches would ensue, I wondered.

I honestly doubt the "extra" crit means anything. I mean, such a high value isn't even possible to get in normal Fe7(I think). I mean, I guess maybe it would contribute to silencer chance for assassins but...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 27: Chapter 26: Part 4: Finishing at Last!

NDvxYh4.png

The friendly Valkyrie is attacked more. But she STILL. WON'T. DIE.

TzvT3Oe.png

ALL the friendly valkyries heal Ohana. Seriously, someone needs to make a fix patch for this friendly healer AI, if at all possible.

qiczyrh.png

THIRD WAVE! The BS is at last in my favor!

6D7RRI7.png

On the other hand, there's still tons of enemies, even if there's less than before!

lRvvMJE.pngLcpf5pv.pngW4QniUb.png

Levels for all the people who still need levels. Beautiful.

X7TIOzf.png

Everyone starts moving out of the base. We can do it! We can take these guys on!

cet1OOv.png

Hey! They actually got a kill!

nSKWeYB.png

RES is good.

1tapK1k.pngwRppZTy.png

Things happen with the allies. STOP HEALING OHANA!

EZfy1Ve.png

A fourth wave! Not that we really need it but...

O59nwlX.png

Good level.

RrKbBEE.png

Bad level.

c2NbSfa.png

Uh...I found out why the allied valkyrie isn't dying...

87zsLMl.png

The Urvan is the best thing ever, seriously. On my first run, it was the weapon that killed the final boss.

TAnBkWV.png

Yeah, the reinforcement valkyries aren't as tough as that other one.

gsjXxEO.png

Last wave of allies, and it's just wyverns for some reason. Ah well, we still have more than enough to march on the holy castle!

NvyiHTY.png

Well, I think we've won.

xQ1vYiA.pngLH1WBAu.png

My new units, capping some of their stats!

IJoqvAb.png

Sandy gets one more level(please get strength)...

ZNfUD1z.png

And it is time to begin...THE MARCH.

izXGZXu.png

The wyverns fly up, presumably to use their flanking AI. But why are the Valkyries heading up? See if you can guess!

OWbMJvL.png

YEP!

Even though we've already visited the village, literally ALL the valkyries are set to attack it regardless!

OERg4SK.pngY4nKlNp.png

Iris nukes an enemy from afar, while we and the wyverns are still slooowly moving. Seriously, it took like 5 turns to walk here. Was it like this in FE4?

FrbBrZf.png

Good level, but why aren't you getting strength?

I60rN6b.png

They are literally forming a conga line. And attacking the village. Over. And over. AND OVER. AND THEY WILL CONTINUE DOING IT FOR ALL ETERNITY.

What is this? A ragefest submission?

Mz0D4Fm.png

Strength!

LvpVLAw.png

You know, I love how the wyverns, who are typically portrayed as somewhat evil, take hits for you, chip at enemies, and generally be somewhat helpful, while meanwhile, the valkyries, typically portrayed as good, heal units that don't need it, get in your way, and ransack their own villages. It's ironic.

rubl7ZZ.png

Here wyverns, have a heal!

4IXoAeP.png

An XP-giving heal! This is how they make up for what little they take!

D7Hc5Jz.png

Defenses!

arVh08s.png

Okay, last guy! Donovan will do it, of course!

dsAoMGK.png

EAT AURA!

qnbN1WX.png

AND GOOD LEVELS!

vE6eBss.png

The wyverns end their helpful streak by letting Zeph regen health with his runesword.

Vbe6zFS.png

Sophie gains her 20th level...

161AWcA.png

And here's her final stats. This is why she's such a good character, if she can pull ahead of the others early on she'll become a crutch. Remember, this stat sheet is entirely from natural gains!

VPwDM3V.png

Okay, time to hit the arena! I brought everyone's support partners, but I don't know if supports work in the arena...

Mqvnt5z.png

I think I'll say yes.

Wu2X173.pngTEouZSB.png

And then Zeph died. He didn't give much XP. Like, at all. Ah well, at least we have a new sword...

p46H4Hg.png

Yeah, Sandy's in no trouble at the arena, thanks to supports.

RjbG0yy.pnglxRdTMy.pngefjMkM5.pngIsL8pw3.png8qnkiOj.pngC4eGYOC.png

Entirely assured of Sandy's invulnerability, I started grind time, only misplacing one screenshot! She was doing great!

But then, I got cocky, and didn't savestate...

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED

YlAhATh.png

She faced a warrior! With a bow! So you might be wondering, "hey, Sandy's got a sword, how can she fight back?"

ANSWER: SHE FREAKING CAN'T.

O9w4AB5.png

Regardless of the battle stats shown, the bow firing animation goes on in an infinite loop, Sandy having no chance to counter. FOREVER.

So yeah, ignore all those levels. I end up restarting the training.

And I have no idea if this bug is in normal Fe7 too. The worst part is that Sandy CAN use bows, the least the arena managers could do is give her an iron one!

ej338To.png

I eventually decide to show RESULTS rather than individual levels. I grind Sandy to level 17, when she's got most of her important stats capped. No, she won't miraculously cap strength. Sorry guys.

MlkvrkT.png

Next up, Iris! She's in a bit more danger, but due to inflated stats she still triumphs easily.

4sdGDt8.png

Hey, I guess that's good enough! She's gonna be better than Sal, I can tell!

bxKXFCz.png

Next up Elliot...of course, HE isn't immune to this terrible stuff EITHER! Grr!

D1aXfiW.png

For some reason, Peers can XP a LOT slower than normal. So I grind him to level 14 then lose patience. This will have to do for next chapter.

ADY9ZZE.png

Finally, I do Donovan. He gains XP EVEN SLOWER than everyone else, so I only get him like two levels. Hopefully he'll be okay for next chapter.

dnB9HH3.png

Honestly, I was expecting the chapter to take more than 53 turns, but hey.

gEIqyHY.png

Sayonara, losers!

RH5KQum.png

Eli: So it would seem.

Elliot: He came here because he wanted to personally kill Urien and Gill it seems.

Henry: Well, we have reinforcements on the way so we should be able to stop him once and for all!

Gunni: And I hear they are bringing some of the most powerful weapons in the land with them!

Eli: Let’s hope they get here soon then.

No, we're not just going to wait outside for them. Or use the 20 greenies we already have here. We're gonna charge right in alone and hope they catch up! Always a great idea!

9dhBu7L.png

ED: been eliminated.

Aurora: And Cyrus?

ED: No word on him yet your holiness.

Fairly certain the dialogue doesn't care whether you recruited or killed him. Then again, it is kinda ambiguous.

Aurora: I see. This is quite the problem. I never expected Giafried, The White Knight, to lose…

We've beaten stronger opponents! And just when I thought the enemy was respecting our strength!

ED: The being Nigel created died as well.

Aurora: I see. I gave him to Giafried to improve his chances of living.

Retroactive existence justification...woooo...

ED: It is up to us now.

Aurora: Yes, it is. I will kill Gill and steal Pyron’s power for myself.

1hvO2Qt.png

Well, I hope you're all ready to meet the people who were the masterminds behind basically the whole game!

NEXT TIME: We finally take down the Corrupt Theocracy!

yeah it does, i can't remember why but if i had to guess "lol sun god's evil"

best part about this next chapter? you can lose access to legendary weapons if you don't talk to the spawning NPC's before they get killed by the map, gotta talk to them by presific characters too.

oh. . . joy. . .

so much potential. . . so much lost. . .

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 28: Chapter 27: Part 1: Mages Everywhere! Again!

dguBCSl.pngYFjHdCQ.png

Here we go! And yes, this is Ostia castle. The map, I mean.

lKhHHxu.pngVbkVTym.pngT18L0pG.png

Usual enemy deployment, with the map glitching out at the end. Don't worry, it doesn't stay that way.

6wP97D3.png

Iris: will be fighting here.

Donovan: Looks like Mage is here too. This will be tough.

Dangit, I thought we killed them all!

93hhBV3.png

Meanwhile...

wdHTFYO.png

DnBWR1w.pngEhXeQXZ.png

Page: How? Could this be Brammimonds doing? For the first time in a long time… I now fear for my life…

See, this is why you don't put stock in fate! It just keeps CHANGING!

iHnHjt5.pngqMKBDAn.png

Nigel: sorry your life was so difficult. Perhaps I will join you soon…

Sure, spend your last few lines angsting about a random Morph. Nice.

END DIALOGUE

SQQh8Lm.png

So, this map. If you aren't prepared, it's the last actually hard map in the game. And you'll see why. Trust me, it's not for fair reasons.

UbIa6ow.png5la0GkY.png

18 units! And yes, we are using every last one of those slots!

0jAba8i.png

Also, at the very bottom of the unit list is a weird second Jeff that can't be selected. I think the bugs we've been seeing are because the unit list is so LONG! Mind you, we did miss two characters, and we have at least one left to recruit, so it'll just get LONGER!

77Ocwwy.png

The Sol Katti is in Sandy's hands, and it seems to have received a buff! That is, it no longer weights the Lyn Lord down a ton!

bXYqGb3.png

Here's our formation.

NlZqmJi.pngdKDwwUF.png

Sure, sure. Give an inspiring speech.

G9CDHkm.pnggg8y96J.png

As you can see, there's an INSANE amount of enemies around. Let's look at them all, shale we?

VfAncKD.png

First off, Nigel is up here. The game has so far failed to deliver tough bosses, so surely-

xMqmBji.pngNk0hw4m.png

Oh, uh, okay. This kinda surprised me. Blademaster starts cheating the numbers here, TLP style. Mind you, that insane magic is coming against you with that bolting, but 18 skill and 15 speed are crippling weaknesses. Don't get unlucky and you'll be fine.

5yl3pMD.png

As I said, DON'T GET UNLUCKY.

URVpalR.png

Page is kinda hanging out by himself.

LZUMrFg.png1Pj4JuV.png

He's STRONGER than Nigel, and he ALSO has a siege tome. His blasts are a bit more threatening(especially if he uses Purge, which can actually HIT), and he charges towards you, so there's a reason to advance fast and take him out quickly.

a45P7fP.png

Aurora and his personal guard are up here. And yes. Yes that is where Merlinus spawned. We won't get him this chapter either.

So, Nigel and Page were crazy number-cheating bosses...WHAT HORRIFICLY GOOD STATS WILL AURORA HAVE? 50 MAGIC? 90 DEFENSE? WHAT COULD IT-

RPY1sMo.pngfVXL88w.png

Oh, he's just an allmaxed bishop with a legend. Disappointing.

QoyIgOk.pngTP0Ijbt.png

Kaleb is right below him, and he's even weaker. Seriously, our bishops have better stats. However, he DOES have HP in the ?? range, and a berserk staff+siege tome, so you'll want to watch out.

1vYrGpN.png

Oh yeah, and this is what the generics look like. The friendly valkyries all defected to Holy, and now we have to fight these stats!

Okay, I'm joking. They're all not that strong. In fact, even these valkyries have terrible MAG to balance their good everything else. However, they DO have...

yIH2Wbx.pngxFVyNZo.png

A distressingly large amount of siege tomes. Trust me, it's WAY more than just these two. If you bring weak units here, they will get NUKED off the map, first turn. At the start, nowhere is safe. These siege tomes force you to keep everyone close to their support partner/s.

AcR8yqw.png

Those that don't have siege tomes have fortify instead. Luckily, none of them actually decide to use it.

IBxj7Ov.png

Let's start things off with a support!

Iris: Donovan, how come you always act so odd around Janet and Sandy when compared to me?

Donovan: Well, Sandy is my best friend. And Janet is a good friend of mine as well. But you are different.

Iris: Different how?

Donovan: You aren’t as strong willed as them. You need people to help support your opinions like Janet and Myself.

Iris: …Does it trouble you to help support me?

Donovan: Of course not! I love helping you!

Iris: O-oh… I see…

*Iris leaves*

Donovan: She’s always so cute when she acts like that.

undLuQt.png

I'm not really sure I get what's going on here. Whatever, this isn't exactly the worst support we've seen.

sRjGoNS.png

Good news, we have our OWN nearly bottomless supply of siege tomes to counter the enemy ones!

0TZHjq9.png

Annnd she can no longer cap strength. Stupid bad-by-comparison growths...

BcohRZ7.png

The first turn is just moving up and nuking everybody that's near to or not-so-near-to us.

sCgE4Zx.png

Nice try, sucker.

Mph8Wmc.pngAR5FYrk.pngV8hT819.png

To be honest, Merlinus has died so many times now he's probably accustomed to it.

8kENxVB.png

Here comes Page!

BQAF2hq.png

More siege tomes!

KYRoIFh.png

See that whole line of enemies? And those two bishops that already moved? NONE OF THEM WERE THERE BEFORE. That's right, the game just spawned a whole LINE of enemies! On the first turn! Well, surely that couldn't continue for very long, right?

1yH85yH.png

Start of second turn, and what this map will become is beginning to show.

sS9Klt8.png

Time to test for secret shops!

rZ7kWOt.pngETsP1GV.png

Gringo gets his last level. He's a pretty good general, but strong defenders aren't really a thing we need right now, if we ever DID need it. Ah well, too late to bench him now!

W5gAdjb.png

Craft/Sandy/Star is suddenly a relevant triangle again!

GlvPpot.png

Oh, the reinforcements are here already?

FGqkgIj.pngudDlCSl.png

Don't worry, he isn't the ONLY help we're getting.

EbtruZA.png

Tons more reinforcements! With thieves this time! Also, yes, the green units did come on ENEMY PHASE. No idea why, but it does not bode well for them.

JtbZjyF.pngPy0Y94Y.png

It really just doesn't. This is where you really start to see the effects of putting too many siege tomes in levels.

8XDwI5R.png

A few of them survive and move up, unfortunately for them. They might have lived if they had stayed back.

2U6WMUN.png

So, uh...yeah. These enemies. They just form a giant advancing WALL. On my first run, this wall was so srong that it actually made me retreat. Ultimately, I had to warp Donovan and some other fighters up to take the throne. Let's see how I fare now!

Ba4EOBA.png

The Repub troops are...just worthless. These paladins were good in the tutorial thingy. Here...we've simply moved on. You relics of the past are gonna get your butts kicked.

VJLdSq2.png

I mean, they have good weapons, but when you have stats like that does it even MATTER?

tsxvyEE.pngJrZ7j7H.png

Ether is the same as he was way back in that one Caelin level. As in, BARELY stronger than his troops. He will ALSO get his butt kicked. And no, we can't recruit him.

p6giXRS.png

Oh hey, there is a secret shop! Let's see what's in it...

NEXT TIME!

This chapter and the previous one were pretty much why I made supports broken since my mindset in making them was "Eh, if I can beat them, I'm sure people better than me at the game can as well, so I'll only be so trollish." It's also why I put in so many green as well.