TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took me a replay of FE9,but gan's portrait is the same as chapter 14's boss in it.

Really? Guess Wii or whatever console it was portraits don't translate well to GBA...

Hello babes and bros. Welcome back to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 25: Chapter 24: Part 2: Levels and Stuff you Won't Care About

wKM411m.png

Reinforcements from all the huts, here to "entertain" us while we try to walk there! Joy!

0NaGQzQ.pngokqKdzF.pngsSyJXaX.pngPwCdSvZ.pngeYntOev.png

Okay, the screenshots aren't in chronological order, but I'd like to point out that it continues in a very boring manner for 6 turns total. This is why everyone is so high level! This artificial lengthening is putting way too much XP in circulation! You're failing to kill us and making us stronger!

kqgGvvO.png

Speed cap...

MfGE5u5.png

Okay, we're going to slowly move towards the boss and kill everyone in our path. BEAUTIFUL STRATEGY!

SizPhKa.png

Here we go, moving down...

R8l62Yf.png

Larry gets critted. Right off the bat. Why don't we look at the odds!

6YK310q.png

YEP! THANKS, RNG! And no, it wasn't a random swordreaver berserker, they're ALL like this.

XNifEz4.png

Also, the assassins from the tents are the only ones in the map, despite this allegedly being an assassin's guild. They aren't even that strong! Seriously, 27 HP=one shot!

Jy6w2jh.png

Kat is dropped because she fails to dodge! Dangit! Dodgetanks are worthless without supports!

tB6meKG.png

Moving down...

fxy9HmL.png

This is the point where the reinforcements stop. All that's left are the stationary swordsmasters.

R8cQy7z.png

And then, Jello himself. This chapter took WAY too long to play, thanks to the rain, but we did it.

Oh, and you're probably wondering where the levels I got in the process went! Don't worry, they're right HERE:

jMQPhbq.pngSx8cS1J.pngkIuhVq1.pngED5RqD2.pngRuNTw7P.png6LFfygL.pngCQIBk6b.pngSPTXnLQ.pngdjK9XjN.pngakhhDDg.pngmy6fzSN.pngD2ywTme.pngpiZJsfM.pngGGsOtcv.png5eQtIZc.pngoJYuo0q.pngB9rhsfr.pngdK6rtxs.pngjVstsjX.pngxajBzDF.pngO0o1070.pngN6jVPFu.pngumiIFv2.png0jpEWXL.pngiWFCdZW.png7hisMwJ.png

Some might be inaccurate because of Kat's deatg. Some might be bad, some might be good. But none of them MATTER! All I really want at this point is to be DONE with Merc, and I'm sure you want the same thing!

BUT WE'RE NOT GONNA GET IT YET, BECAUSE THERE'S ONE MORE CHAPTER AFTER THIS TO GO!

JbfqtB3.png

Also, you may have noticed that Craft rammed the level cap. LOOK at those stats! I hope we get a statbooster shop at some point so I can pump him full of dragonshields. The he'll REALLY be invincible.

XvrVXJ6.png

Annnnnd...

yaRlr0C.png

No, not really.

UMVBfv9.png

See?

Ha04pc1.png

Yes. WE KNOW. We'll be killing the other 4 soon enough, if they aren't dead already. I forget. THAT'S HOW WEAK YOU ARE. I FORGOT ABOUT YOU.

Xy8xpA7.pnggflfXlp.png

Good level and ANOTHER Ice Brand! I don't think you're intended to have more than one of these, but thanks to killing him on his first appearance, we have two. I haven't actually given anyone either of them, partially because I can't decide who needs it. The other part is that Blademaster didn't make his custom weapons give any WEXP(at all), but now that my units are starting to get their S ranks, that's less of a factor.

npIuj1x.png

One more thing before we go.

U4q3vGc.png

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! DON'T HURT ME ERIKA!

Louise: I wonder, do you know what a Oboton is?

Kaze(???): A what?

Louise: Of course! Uncivilized and uneducated! How you nomads have survived do this day is beyond me!

MBcqw8k.png

Gee, it's a pity we won't see the A support...actually, screw it, next chapter I'm gonna use savestates to cheat and see it so we can still get her Elliot's A.

wtuVzct.png

Goodbye, crappy map!

GUDntSZ.png

Janet: That’s right. Ohana supposedly lives around there to.

Iris: But we have a problem. The assassin guild is already there.

Don't worry. They haven't killed Ohana. Probably. I forget why we're even searching for her.

Donovan: How can you tell?

Janet: I can sense my brother with them. He joined the Aasassin guild to escape Gill. But he helped us escape from Dragon. I’m sure he will be willing to help us if I talk to him.

Hey, I didn't hear about any brother! Regardless, this is shaping up like some Camus archetype...

Donovan: Alright. Let’s keep an eye out for him then.

EqYUu0n.png

You know the chapter naming thing where things named in the chapter title don't really appear? It's not stopping here.

NEXT TIME: I hope you didn't think RAIN was bad...

Also, do you guys like this new "condensed" form of updates? Or should I do things how I did them before?

Yeah, I know it isn't entertaining, but stick with me. Soon we'll reach endgame, and things will get hilarious again. Especially since next chapter my units start to hit 20/20 so there will be less levels.

Hello everybody! I am BACK! Oh so very BACK!

Hello babes and bros, and welcome back to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 26: Chapter 25: Part 1: SNOW AND FOG THE PAIN

YEEZooo.pngjPd9wEU.png

A proper fade-in? Okay. This isn't a climatic chapter so it's kinda odd.

9KwrzEl.png

Anna: summit where Ohana lives! It is here that Donovan’s destiny will finally be realized…

No, he STILL doesn't get to promote.

giYRxYT.png

I don't like the looks of this...

lNNOZRm.png

Jerme(?): Saying that I am not the one to wield the Dragon’s Bane and that the true wielder has already taken it. How am I not the wielder? I am the one who is most worthy! Not that bastard!

So this guy is another crazy insane boss. Always fun. And yeah buddy, you're some C-list villian here. Not gonna be the wielder of this awesome sword everybody keeps talking about. Heck, I don't even remember if the Dragon's Bane actually appears in the game!

OoPXSWg.png

What a great way to talk to your commander! Also, he's that one recruitable dude they were talking about last time.

XtYIap9.png

Oh, this guy is that one Merc 5 noob we heard about so long ago! Gee? I wonder if he'll actually be a difficult boss?

*snicker*

Death: Damn you Jeff! Damn you Holy! Damn you Repub! DAMN EVERYTHING!

As I said, another crazy boss. Maybe should have screenshotted that line...

Death: I’ve had enough of Jeff’s attitude. After the battle, kill him. Then we will invade and destroy Holy. Nothing will stop us now! I will not stop until I find that man! Move out men!

Okay, it's nice to see someone's disrespect actually earned them ire from their commander, but you'd think Death would realize that Jeff is like his toughest mook. Also, does he seriously think he can win against an entire nation with his half-dead guild? This guy is an idiot.

JpOUvWV.png

Yep, fog AND snow! What a great way to design a map!

Seriously, rain/snow are some of the most annoying gimmicks ever. It works better when there's indoor areas to take shelter in, but Blademaster NEVER gives us that courtesy! The good news is that this is the last chapter of the game with weather of any type in it!

4Wxg9Wa.pngiG3ctZ6.png

Sandy: Yeah, well it’s still to warm for it to stick to the ground.

Hence the palette!

Donovan: But Ohana lives around here right?

Iris: And Jeff is here to.

Janet: Just leave Jeff to me! He always listens to what I have to say!

Iris: Right. Let’s find Ohana and stop those Assassins!

YPT7OFH.pngODigm8n.png

Ohana(?): leave now?

Assassiman: No. Our orders were for us to take you to the pope.

Ohana(?): Yes, yes, I know. But that will soon change.

Assassiman: And why is that?

Ohana(?): You’ll see…

Ohana really isn't better than any of the other characters, As you could probably expect. Although, we didn't get confirmation that this is actually Ohana...

END DIALOGUE

iT1RlkE.png

Here we go! Another chapter with nothing special about it. This is the last one before endgame though, I promise.

raMH8Ad.png

BEAUTIFUL MINIMUG

DXP3GyV.pnggDAwqVY.png

So yeah, 14 units! That's more than enough. Crafy/Sandy/Elliot are statuing away because they're all max level.

g8vnwAG.png

Here's the formation. Those berserkers are mirrored on the other side of the lake, by the way. They're the only non-assassin units in this entire chapter, if memory serves.

myDBASY.png

Kat: Yeah. It’s that same wierd feeling I got when we last saw Uncle.

Kerry: Yes. I wonder what’s going on here?

qIVUpf7.png

Okay. NOW we start! This map is just going around the mountains and stuff and fighting tons of enemies and reinforcements. As usual.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from having fliers rescuedrop people to the other side of the mountain, and finishing easily. Or, better yet, break out that warp staff and just skip the whole thing! Of course, you'll miss a recruitable dude, and some XP you don't need, but that's about it. Of course, I'm not doing that. It would be too not-masochistic!

D0kFbPE.png

The bridge isn't affected by snow, which is kinda nice at the start. That's the only mercy you get, though.

oRMUoaU.png

I'm going to go back to the old way of doing levels. Updates will go too quickly if I don't.

9MowjW0.png

WE SHALL SEE ALL

Also, this is my last torch. We don't get any torch staves, sadly (which means no torch glitch).

cPq9BKH.png

And we reveal...not really anything!

HeYO0FA.png

We all just sort of slooooowly crawl forward through the snow. So... annoying...

s154CIv.png

Oh, there's some more assassins. Come on down! We're ready to party!

bIi1IA4.png

Gringo is chipped by these guys. They aren't a threat to a BLADE GENERAL!

p1ebBdw.png

This is better magic than she got in my first run!

TWeULwW.png

Keep going Nick! You can do it! YOU CAN CAP TONS OF STUFF!

O8qa5BM.png

Strength cap. Larry is now awesome.

dIUsnko.png

Okay, there are a few assassins guarding that house. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Pg6rcBL.png

WILL SHE CAP HP? OR DEFENSE?

YGpycKb.png

They still have low HP, but beware, since silencer is an ever-present possibility. It doesn't happen to me(not even once!) but I don't think killing edge assassins is good game design.

QbFabEZ.png

Defense cap!

OFM5cDL.png

Magic/Res cap!

0HOAGSy.png

Uh...strength! That's like all you have left to gain!

tSiY8tB.png

I'd appreciate some skill and res, but you're set for life at this point, Larry.

pcpxMoG.png

Shoving ourselves across the bride...and it really isn't fun... yay...

zbnRprd.png

Oh wow. See those assassins? The 5 all lines up? The straight line, not the diagonal one. They don't move(until you get in their range). Blademaster put a WALL made out of ASSASSINS. What?

LxYmPPn.png

Also, these guys are the same mooks we fought in Orca's chapter. We pounded them then. Now, we stomp them.

4lY45e5.png

Okay Sophie, get a few defense points! That's all I ask!

niOzKH1.png

DEATH THROUGH A MOUNTAIN

jIu6uEq.png

Please, PLEASE get some skill! It's unbecoming for a light user!

Also look at those assassins in the background

3Q5ksPs.png

Janet is like the strongest dancer ever.

VVZQRDm.png

AFAS DROPS YEAH

jqg5H7o.png

Hello, who would you be?

UPOYmpu.pngR7hJleh.pngf7wV7o0.pngcGMKbWy.pngqF1O2Pl.png

One sec guys, gotta check this guy out...

wI0PY9E.pngbyNwxiT.pngBmD7yaD.png

It's Jeff! And he's...amazing! Seriously, if you got a bad Larry, just GRAB this guy. He still has seven levels, and a chance to cap everything but luck/HP! And even if he doesn't, he's still great!

Also(and I noticed this while typing), just to make me feel even worse about putting effort into Larry, he has the innate 20 crit bonus that comes with being a Dragon! 10% extra silencer! Still not using him, though.

YF4TxyN.png

Oh, here's Larry for comparison. He's 4 levels ahead, but I think he did better stat-wise.

abnRPnI.png

Come on Nick...cap HP...and strength...

mjr92cX.png

Good, perfect level! Prove yourself better than Jeff!

zJwrw0I.pngY7yRGXW.png

YES! SHE CAPPED HP! WHAT A STREAK! Even if she did fail to cap defense...I'll throw her a dragonshield at some point. Note that we don't have many statboosters, actually.

TAve76k.png

Defense!

p6nSo0z.pngrpT6wWU.png

Old lady: Hmmm? Ohana? I believe she is in the hut over there.

gyMVBxP.png

Uh...what? What hut? I don't get it. This will make a bit more sense at the end of the chapter, but, well... not really.

nB1jGEU.pngNVoy4iD.png

Two last levels before I cut it. Next time, I'll finish the chapter, and then we can finally finally finally FINALLY get to the good part! That is, if you don't consider this good.

Don't worry everyone, this LP is almost done too-the hack only has 30 chapters + the final/prologue, and since we're already on chapter 25...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 26: Chapter 25: Part 2: Plot!

u4Ncjco.png

We start things off with a level that contains something very important.

t8NSMvx.png

Janet: Jeff. What are you doing?

Jeff: Janet. You and Iris are safe now?

Janet: Yep! We’ve been traveling with these people and are trying to stop Gill and Holy.

Jeff: Oh. If you are fighting Gill, I guess I’ll join you then. This place was starting to get rather boring.

Janet: Yay! With you here, we’ll be invincible now!

*Janet leaves*

Jeff: …She seems different. Maybe she has a boyfriend again.

4kVs16S.png

So, the super-tough assassin, who pretends to be stoic but really just isn't, has joined our side! And lost his commander thingy, as usual. We'll put him in the back and maybe use him for extra vision.

qKiNUOI.png

Oh hey, another commander!

wkDx5vJ.pngo6kODCR.png

Yep, it's the Death guy! He has superb stats, but we're so tough at this point that he isn't a problem. Just make sure you attack first to avoid that silencer chance. His low defenses are easy to take advantage of.

f5irE8C.pnggDdroaQ.png

The levels are no longer soul-healing, even if so many stats are capped.

Nl5OhPQ.png

Ignore the glitched assassin, because reinforcements are coming from the tents now! Of course!

cijn6wp.png

Beautiful!

B4XbCjU.png

Hi Death. How's that 1 range weapon working out for you?

Cz99GPW.png

Why can't you have a runesword or something?

P6hF6Lj.png

Louis doesn't crit so Sophie move-OH COME ON

2r7aoG0.png

THERE we go!

VX4PWNY.png

He isn't even HERE!

tQNQWLr.png

Great level! Now get RES!

SjtO7mC.png

Another wave. Killing commanders NEVER stops the reinforcements. And it's not a good thing.

41k3lvI.png

Skill cap, I think!

ANtonLX.png

PERFECT LEVEL

pz9OI8E.png

See? She's level capped, and I'm willing to ignore that 1 point of RES and 2 HP because LOOK AT EVERYTHING ELSE

Afa's drops or no, that's insane!

txkdqZI.png

Defenses. Defenses are good.

qMYV0OV.png

Strength cap?

YPSmsSc.png

If you look in the background, you'll see us slowly moving towards the tent mass.

j5vYOWy.png

Third wave! And another weird screenshot!

hMUphPB.png

Can you PLEASE get some defense? Even just a little?

IyGfWGv.pngN1455wo.pnge15dWvF.png

1, 2, then 3!

dJW1vl8.pngFl57Tjs.png

Then 2, then 1...

Zqs3VCg.png

THEN ZERO

P6d55q3.png

AND NOW THE PATTERN IS BROKEN

HE5obuG.png

Hey, the reinforcements stopped! I think there was a wave or two that came offscreen, but at least they didn't go for 6-8 turns like usual!

oP2K524.png

20th level! I already showed his amazing stats, so I don't think I need to show them again. However, I will say he is better than Death in literally every stat but RES.

WAtaECV.png

Instead, I'll show the final stats of Louis(who actually did cap defense). Seriously, this guy is going to be good in endgame. Not the best character, but he'll be helpful nonetheless!

5qsYEMY.png

Strength!

rxvVJ2F.png

Bad, or at most meh...

8s70Xoj.png

Good!

JrR4W7p.png

We approach the final tent!

Get a bit closer...

EP7BL2B.png

There they are! And yep, the throne guard is once again a generic. Now we slooooowly crawl through the snow to get there...

XeyLb0H.png

Oh, and the generic has a special weapon, not that it really matters.

NrbrzVR.png

Janet really could stand to be a better dancer.

j9ysf5E.png

Level cap! I'll show her stats in a moment...

8utTIXT.png

HP cap! Tankiest monk ever, I say!

RFInp8n.png

Gringo is such a good general.

QNhTtHT.png

Bye.

CUjPYxR.png

Critical hit!

775xfax.png

I'm not actually doing this support, I'm just using savestates to see it. Elliot is still getting Kaze!

C0paHfi.png

WHY MUST YOU HAUNT ME ERIKA

Louis: Ignorant? Me? Excuse me? You are the one who doesn’t know what an Oboton is.

Kaze(???): And why would I want to know?

Louis: Because it is one of the basic particles of all magic! Duh!

Kaze(???): But I am not a mage. What use is knowledge of magic to me? Does it help me hunt? Weave clothing? No. It does nothing. You who is so young and so little… Meditate and reflect on your instability.

*Kaze(???) leaves*

Louis: Fool! Obotons are the basic particles of all magic! And anything is possible with magic! Hunting! Weaving! Even stopping those sandstorms…

k4LKUdX.png

Remember, this is the A support. I mean...really?

FvvjU7o.png

Let's blow this popsicle stand.

Time for a MASSIVE PLOT DUMP!

DM2DzHO.png

Yes! Thank you! Someone actually says it!

Lila: Where is this Ohana person?

Hellen: I agree. All this place is, is cold and dirty. Merc is truly an awful place to live.

Larry: I agree. When we start to rule Repub, we must to our best to elimate them.

Wait, what? You're going to "elimate" an entire country? I mean, maybe it's slang for "give them all candy", but I doubt it! Just...seriously...why do all our main characters have to be jerks?

Hellen: Exactly. That way we can make sure that people like them never exist.

Will NOBODY give these guys a verbal beatdown? This...is so terrible...

Elliot: …I can’t take this anymore. I’m done talking with all of you. You just never learn do you. I mean, Hellen, Lila, you know that Lyra is from Merc right? And Larry… I can’t even think to say anything to you.

Someone...someone actually gave them a lecture...

I'm...I'm so happy I could cry...

ELLIOT BEST CHARACTER

ypBoLgc.png

Hellen: The thought is laughable!

However, the characters won't repent or learn anything. At all. This is typically the point where character development should be happening, guys!

Larry: It’s a good thing that Lila will be ruling the Fire Clan instead of Elliot. He wouldn’t know how to properly rule.

I have fears as to the future of the continent.

Let's go look at someone else...

81IxuR5.png

Old lady(?): To think that you kids would make it this far!

Donovan: You’re that old woman from before…

Ohana: Yep. I’m Ohana. Sorry I lied to you before. I just needed you to get rid of those punks. But now we can get down to business.

There really was no reason to lie once we rescued you! But, whatever.

Ohana: Brammimond told me that you’d be showing up. Well, let’s go. Oh! But only Janet, Iris, Kat Kerry, and Donovan may come.

Iris: Why only those people?

Ohana: I don’t know. He said only to bring those people.

Donovan: …Very well.

So...where are they actually going?

r2xeGRp.png

Oh, to random fire cave. I get it.

Ohana: Almost child. Almost

Donovan: Why does Alester live all the way up here?

Ohana: To protect his legacy.

sDmePxZ.png

Janet: I agree…! Wait do you feel that?

YNVNwA8.pngdG9ILZ0.pngzsDRJiI.png

Karol(?): You know this person? How interesting. He is the man who killed my mortal body. I merely took on his form afterwards. But my mortal life is not all he took. He also took the Dragons Bane.

Kerry: The Dragons Bane?

?????: A sword I created. Like the Wo Dao, only my descendants may wield it.

Donovan: So why did Brammimond want us to meet you?

?????: Likely to tell you just that.

Kerry: So my father has the Dragons Bane…

Donovan: So we need to find him now…?

Oh no, PLEASE no...

?????: No, not really. It’s just that having the Dragons Bane will make it easier to stop Gill. In fact, all Dragons are weak to it’s power.

Phew!

Donovan: I see. But only three people can use it?

?????: Yes, but I have made a different sword for you Donovan.

YES! GIMME!

Donovan: Really?

?????: Yes. I gave it to Brammimond. When you reach your next destination, talk to him and he will give it to you. And a gift from someone else.

Dangit! Why would you give it to him? I could have had it earlier!

Donovan: And that would be?

?????: The last of the three Heroes, Hiro. He has added a special property to the blade.

Is the gift Hiro, or did Hiro give the gift?

Donovan: I see. Thank you for your kindness.

?????: Donovan, it is your destiny to create the path that will lead the world to safety. Never forget that.

AKL0tJM.png

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS DISAPEAR

dInjkWo.png

So, it's finally finally FINALLY time to attack the people who are the main villains of this plot! ...Right?

8j6RPgp.png

NOOOOOOOOO

Kat: Why Dragon?

Donovan: Because that is where the Holy Army is heading.

Oh, so we do still get to attack them. And no, Dragon troops won't be appearing quite yet.

Iris: They know as we know that Gill has all the keys in his hand. We must stop him.

Janet: Right! So let’s go!

Donovan: To Dragon… Where our destiny awaits!

Sheesh, when did the guy suddenly become eloquent?

5d4JrxK.png

Well, here we go...

NEXT TIME: SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN

The repub army actually does something!

Brammimond appears!

PROMOTIONS!

UBERWEAPONS!

THE MOST HILARIOUSLY TERRIBLE BS YET!

AND...

MERLINUS DIES!

The CHRISTMAS VALKYRIE looks very appropriate in this snowy weather.

Ah hah, it's true!

HEY! Where'd the stats for the other level-capped characters go?!

The ones I showed were the ones that are level capped. Not EVERYBODY is quite there yet.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 27: Chapter 26: Part 1: Enter Insanity

Wpbp1ty.pngEkDBuOL.png

This DOES NOT sum up the chapter. Just so you all know.

TJjj1SU.png

Zeph: Repub Army has finally started to move.

So WE'RE the ones attacking first this time? Huh!

Aurora: So after just arriving, they have finished preparing for the battle? Interesting. Begin the assualt.

Zeph: Yes, your Holiness!

Pjmw91s.png

People deploy everywhere. I don't take too many screenshots because I don't want to reveal too much of the map.

And yes. That is exactly what you think it is.

X0mzqKY.png

Reddier #381: order to start the attack.

Giafred: I see. Well, the Repub army is nothing to worry about. With the Emblem Lance in hand, I am all but invincible.

Hey, the emblem lance only raises OFFENSIVE stats, not DEFENSIVE ones! And it didn't work out too well for the other two emblem weapon wielders we've owned!

tcxkqKb.png

Craft’s brother(?): We begin our assault on the Repub army! Black Knights! Move out!

So, this guy is...I forget his name, but he's from FE6. Either way, he's another one of the many commanders on this map, but we get to recruit him.

Y8ytJfP.png

So, despite the fact that we've "started to move", in reality we're still hanging out in our castle, in the opposite corner of the map from the enemy castle.

6JVcWbt.png

Craft: I was last here…

Gunni: You grew up here right?

Craft: Yeah. My mom still lives here to. In that house surrounded by the hills.

We MUST head there!

Eli: And your brother is here too yes?

Craft: Yeah, he is.

Donovan: Do you think that he would be willing to fight with us?

Craft: I don’t think so… But I will try talking to him.

So, is THIS the Camus archetype...right?

END DIALOGUE

faHcqwf.png

Well...here we go!

ZTThIFH.pngXyDCWlW.png

So, yeah. INSANE deployment spots. We use 17 of them(I put Elliot in later). I mean...20 spots is way more than most players will ever need, especially when the last several chapters have had really tiny deployment numbers like they're encouraging smaller teams!

npPaZkV.png

I hand out the ice brands. One to Nick, one to Kat. We gotta start USING these uberweapons!

oD7jAJH.png

I also take out/sell all the useless things for more convoy room. There is a very good reason for this.

NgXXl7g.png

Here's our deployment spots! We start with our own castle with no enemy troops in the immediate vicinity. You can stay here and defend it, if you want, but that might not work out later in the chapter. Because, for a variety of reasons, this is going to be a VERY long chapter. Like, seriously, the longest yet.

Starting the battle...

bmj3k3Y.png

Donovan: Hmm? You are?

Iris: Do you truly not recognize me…?

Yeah, Donovan. Seriously?

Donovan: How could I ever not recognize someone as beautiful as you Princess Iris.

Uh...okay? This is odd.

Iris: Donovan…

Donovan: Why have you taken off your hood?

Iris: I… I no longer want to have to hide who I am. I wish to fight along side you.

Donovan: I see. And what type of fighter are you?

Iris: I can use Dark Magic. Also, being a being of the Dragon Clan, I am adept in critical hits…

Oh yes! Remember that female shaman who I had decided would be Donovan's support partner? THIS IS HER! So, Donovan can't support Janet, but he CAN support her sister! Beautiful!

Donovan: Very well… But stay by my side so that I may protect you.

Iris: Thank you Donovan!

LDPVRoU.png

Ohana: who will be joining you today!

Yup. We get her too!

Donovan: Ohana!

Ohana: I am quite the skilled Druid. Additionally, I come bearing gifts! Behold! The Durandal, Armads, and Sol Katti! They are another three weapons that Alester had forged in the past! But… They can only be used by a certain type of fighter. Durandal by Knight Lord, Armads by Great Lord, Sol Katti by Blade Lord.

So, she's kinda like Athos. However, if you've been paying attention, you've probably realized the implication here...and that's that the only ones who can use Durandal or Armads are Henry and Eli, the two bad prepromotes who we aren't using. Yeah. Sandy might be able to use the Sol Katti, but it in all likeliness still sucks.

Donovan: I see. So we should give them to the people who can use them then.

Ohana: Correct!

cIIfWer.png

That's the end of the conversation, but after that I went back into the prep screen to send some units up here. All will be explained in time!

xl75nMX.png

Okay, here we go for real! Iris is right next to Donovan, all ready to get supporting!

RR8QjKp.png8uB4kl4.pngfRCn5Pe.png

She's an unpromoted unit at a stage where that isn't really acceptable, but HOO BOY those stats! She also has 30 innate critical, just because! And a siege tome! And two of the things Ohana was supposed to bring! ...For some reason! Anyways, we are totally gonna find a way to make her work. We must!

cIFcwPk.pnghvu43y4.pnggjc8pk2.png

Ohana is the only druid you'll ever get ever, and MY GOSH those stats! Seriously, I can see her capping everything but defense! Prepromotes aren't supposed to be this great! Especially when they're old ladies!

So...about that map...

ZY8e9fT.png

That's right, we're going FE4 STYLE! The map is the main reason why this chapter is so long. There are a LOT of features I'd like to talk about.

0jizWfe.png

Okay, so that village area is the "friendly base". It's under attack right at the start, with a bigger group coming in a few turns. This is why you can't stay at your castle, the base will get overrun and believe me, you want it to stay a safe place.

i65Lnl0.png1KCVkRR.png

The allies are weaker than the enemies, so...better hustle!

Also, 29 defense generics! That's INSANE!

You might have noticed that house with no visible land paths leading to it, and a paladin guarding it for some reason. That's Craft's house. We want to get there.

gG7RWLG.png

Higher up in the allied base is a shop/armory, the flier unit(which will help fend off the initial wave but will die quite quickly), and five deployment spots, which we've used. And...who's that guy?

bC8UyZ7.pngowCXhBi.pngyMyGY4L.png

Why, it's Brammimond(who apparently had a working map sprite in fe7 all along, look at that raised arm!), of course! He's wielding Ereshkigal, the other plot-important weapon, and he will siege tome off the map anyone who dares approach him with his "new" class! We need to get Donovan to him so they can talk. This is another reason you don't want the allied base overrun. It's not like this guy can ever die ever, but hey, you never know...

oNq1Mve.png

So, here's the secondary wave. Forts or no, the first wave of allied defense doesn't stand a chance unless we help them.

ktMS1vD.png0DVVr3V.png

And they're lead by none other than Cyrus! Craft's brother! And he has good-but-not-ludicrous stats! We'll see if we can't recruit him and his army...

crx5LK5.png

This is the second wave. You have some time before they reach you, but you'd best be ready when they do!

U83czhJ.pngFVFupST.png

Giafried has great stats and a crazy weapon. I forgot to screenie the stats of the emblem lance, but I think it's "25 MT, hilarious insane hit, 30 crit, no weight, and general awesomeness". You don't want him to attack you first, as he can one-shot basically the whole army if he crits.

8559afh.pngyE1Q9gY.png

The magic seal is named Seel. With crazy bad stats. Just... just... I don't even...

v2PvWCx.png

Also, here's Merlinus. IN GIAFRIED'S RANGE. SUPER FAR AWAY FROM YOUR STARTING POSITION. You rescue him, or he dies. However, he does delay Giafried's movement a little...

AuaI1Nr.png

And there's an arena down here. Just in case you get that grindy urge.

8CtWP3d.png

Leading the enemy base defense force is Zeph.

x9gjZq6.png7SrSg7Q.png

He's generic and not as good as Giafried. He won't be a problem.

So! Let's start playing!

QyI6aPv.png

FIRST! SHOPPING! This MUST be done the first turn, due to Merlinus's...unique...position.

7dWevZD.pngpdAJaou.pngWsPOmcX.pngQesORTK.png

So. This shop. It has literally every good weapon in the game. And we still have WTH good gold.

STOCK UP TIME!

Once I'm done buying tons of everything, I notice something...

fZ6DpTP.png

I'm not sure if this is because of how BIG the armory is or what, but you see those four new items? None of them(except the swordslayer) were in the shop at the start. That's right, this armory also carries glitch weapons! In a glitchy manner!

tyIBN1c.png

And if you buy something, or scroll up and back down again, they CHANGE!

bVEk4lk.png

Gee, I wonder if the shop will be quite as ridiculous?

PDEecny.pngdeytXSE.pngQ2sAOjr.pnglfQzfva.png

Just...just...

BUYABLE siege tomes, status staves of all types, and warp/rescue! At NOT THAT HIGH prices, AFTER the game has insured you have tons of gold! Mind you, we are using the silver card, but STILL!

eQmlvr9.png

Did I mention that, due to the new staff rank mechanics, these staves have new ranks now? They're usable by all our troops! I buy TONS of everything. You just BET we'll be abusing this to hell and back!

kaj9NSh.png

Oh, and this shop has the same problem as the other one, but even worse!

DOoprge.png

I'm fairly certain that these are not regulation stats for slim lances!

kKaIrO6.png

Unfortunately, I didn't get to buy anything. Man, I bought tons of the most expensive items in the game, and I STILL have tons of gold left over! I SO hope we get a statbooster shop eventually...

6AI6gZl.png

I'm not waiting one minute to do this.

wyvFLmp.pngYDwlOUy.png

Generic blue palettes, as standard.

YjKI03w.png

Fantastic gains.

a0g6pn6.png

The rest of the first phase is moving forward. Then, Merlinus dies. What, you didn't think I meant permanently, did you?

WnHHCTT.png

...We'd best hurry to that allied base.

KHyIyJy.png

No, really.

5KgUX9A.pngltYPF12.png

The flier unit moves out, helps make Craft's house clear, and gets healed by this valkyrie. Why is this valkyrie special? ...I'll tell you later.

v4lcH8G.png

Here's how the map looks after the first turn. Blademaster's maps are never the type to stay orderly. Note all the unused space, too...namely that forest and area with the arena.

aBBSgDB.png

I try to show why the valkyrie is special, but it doesn't work.

pXN25lr.png

Village time!

au3JK0n.pnghM4i9Lp.pngaaDD7ro.pngwMLhZ7G.pngThKDbUR.png

YES! THANK YOU! FINALLY WE CAN PROMOTE ELLIOT/SANDY! Donovan STILL doesn't get promoted, at least not right now, however.

V3CZNag.png

This...is more than a little overdue.

So, I've already said that he won't promote into Knight Lord. So what WILL he promote into? WHAT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE?

jb2xF35.png

...Of course.

Yeah. So, for some reason, instead of just handing us an awesome Durandal-wielding Knight Lord, we get a...

CP1IOfs.png

Peer? I mean, the gains are nice, but...

IT'S STILL FRICKIN ROY!

MpjgnFZ.png

Very helpful, game! At the very least, those caps look pretty great. Let's hope we can train him enough that he'll actually get to USE some of them!

ePMCFG3.png

ECLIPSE TRAINING GO RARGH

Hey, it's not like we're at a shortage of them! I bought like 5 of each one in the shop!

iH3TAX0.png

Oh yeah, and Mandrake takes a hit.

Cutting it here! Next time, watch as things steadily get MORE insane!

So this is the part of the game where blademaster gave up on map design? Why even bother with the trees and etc? Just make a bunch of maps made of one grass tile and then put 100 enemies on the map in an array of positions, and let that be the chapter, every chapter, from start to endgame. It's practically the level this chapter is at now.

Apparently you haven't seen Lute, then.

That's because she's a Mage Knight in my runs, not a Sage. Though I wonder how much more insane this hack would've been if there were branched promotions. . .