Hardest game

Nightmare, how do the Gradius games compare to Ikaruga or R-Type? I have never played a Gradius title before.

Well...R-Type becomes much easier when you memorize the patterns and such. Gradius becomes very hectic once you proceed to the higher levels, and it becomes even harder if you get more and more upgrades. I suggest you try it out for yourself and see how hard it can get. I can help you pirate it.

It's MM i can't beat that freaking fish so i gave up.

Also Jet Force Gemini was hard and i beat it yay.

Dk64 is kind of hard.(The clown and the carton monster were hard.

World In Conflict.

and some others.

Edited by Slayer

Gradius 3 Arcade. Impossibly slow ship (without upgrade); sadistic level designs that punish you for not memorizing every freakin' obstacles. Enemies that shoot you at POINT BLANK RANGE. A nightmarish final level that forces you to fight 6 difficult bosses before entering a maze with very tight spaces and an invincible boss. The list goes on. And you can't continue after losing all your lifes.

Edited by ChaosNinji

Well...R-Type becomes much easier when you memorize the patterns and such. Gradius becomes very hectic once you proceed to the higher levels, and it becomes even harder if you get more and more upgrades. I suggest you try it out for yourself and see how hard it can get. I can help you pirate it.
I think I will try it out, thanks for the suggestion, Nightmare. I would, however, prefer to download it to the Wii Virtual Console when I am next at home (unless the installment you're talking about isn't available on recent consoles).

• 2 months later...

Definitely Ghouls n' Ghosts. No contest. My FATHER can spent an entire week trying to beat this as a kid. Didn't leave turn off his game because back then it didn't have save points. I'm tried to beat it on Game Boy WITH save points, and it fucked me up sooo bad. I haven't touched it since my epic defeat. I can't imagine having to start the entire game from the start if you lose... Insanity.

But the hardest game I've played other than that... Hmmm. I guess nothing... I don't usually find games particularly challenging, except for some FE games, and that's usually because of my OCD tendencies rather than pure difficulty.

Hmmmm. I would say its a tie between Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Super Monkey Ball 2. Yes, you just read that, I think a game titled Super Monkey Ball is hard. But seriously, it's almost all luck, and is almost impossibly hard.

Hmmmm. I would say its a tie between Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Super Monkey Ball 2. Yes, you just read that, I think a game titled Super Monkey Ball is hard. But seriously, it's almost all luck, and is almost impossibly hard.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is about as hard as the first level of Super Mario World.