SSBM the Collage course?

http://www.oberlin.edu/stuorg/exco/student...es/spring06.htm

Super Smash Brothers Melee Theory and Practice 0-1 Credit

Brian Mazur, Mike Blejer and Quentin Jones EXCO-845

This course will teach students the basic, intermediate and advanced combat techniques in the video game Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. This course will also provide in depth lectures and discussions involving many controversial issues concerning video games in our society today such as censorship, stereotyped characters, addiction, and gaming as an evolving art form. Gamecubes, televisions and controllers will be provided by the instructors. Gamers and non-gamers are welcome and encouraged to take this course. Classes will meet for two and a half hours each week-one and a half hours during regularly scheduled discussion and class time, and one hour outside regular class time as a practicum to practice and refine skills.

What the hell?

Doesn't look as though your going to get much about of it.

Though, I rather do that then to carry on to my Actuarial training, 5 years long plus another 3 years extra while studying at college <_<

Edited by Dark Sage

...and one hour outside regular class time as a practicum to practice and refine skills.
Haha. I don't see how teaching the students to play the game well is integrated into the alleged focus of the course itself. At least this course had a potentially valid excuse for involving game playing. I'm curious as to how the Oberlin course in Smash Bros was taught (and how many people who weren't already familiar with the game signed up). Edited by Wist