[FE7] How to disable Lyn Mode Hardcoding ?

Maruhai

Hello, I literally just started FE Romhacking today, and after a lot of reading (I read through the Ultimate Tutorial v2 already) I decided to start with just messing around in FE7.

I already understood how Nightmare 2 works and messed around with it, yet I can't really do what I want due to the Chapter hardcoding, is there any way to disable it? I bet there is one, but I couldn't find any info on how to do that.

Hopefully you guys can help me. ;):

Chapter hardcoding? Do you mean, like, what units are loaded, what villages appear, and what order the chapters go and, and talks etc etc? If that's what you mean, you'll want to look into event hacking. Great tutorial here at FEU: http://feuniverse.us/t/eventing-for-dummies/109

what in particular are you trying to disable? The tutorial, or Lyn Mode in general?

The former can be accomplished in a number of ways (disassembling->reinserting with #define DISABLE_TUTORIALS being the easiest way); the latter can eb solved with this patch