All the feels...(potential ORAS spoilers)

Dragoncat

Potential spoilers because it happens in the GBA originals that I'm sure everyone has played, but, done a lot more epicly this time around.

Where do I begin to describe the new Seafloor Cavern/Cave of Origin scenes? I love how they gave the two teams more dialogue, I love how Maxie sees the light and decides to right his wrongs. He didn't do that in the original Ruby. The whole thing was just perfectly done. The showing of the various towns and people coming out and celebrating, while present in a lot of other games I've played, never fails to add a lot of feels, which is a good thing. My heart was pounding when Groudon turned primal. Even though I knew I could just throw out my master ball and be done with it. Wow. I also pitied Brendan a bit...must suck knowing you had a head start on someone as a trainer, and they go and save the world right under your nose AND beat you every time you battle.

Question: Do the team leaders have their distinct personalities regardless of version? Like...Archie always calling the player character a little scamp. Does he act that way only more hostile in AS, or does Maxie start being that way?

Oh and flying on my latios. Best thing ever. Only why does he need to be mega? Maybe he can't carry a person for very long in normal form?

Potential spoilers because it happens in the GBA originals that I'm sure everyone has played, but, done a lot more epicly this time around.

Where do I begin to describe the new Seafloor Cavern/Cave of Origin scenes? I love how they gave the two teams more dialogue, I love how Maxie sees the light and decides to right his wrongs. He didn't do that in the original Ruby. The whole thing was just perfectly done. The showing of the various towns and people coming out and celebrating, while present in a lot of other games I've played, never fails to add a lot of feels, which is a good thing. My heart was pounding when Groudon turned primal. Even though I knew I could just throw out my master ball and be done with it. Wow. I also pitied Brendan a bit...must suck knowing you had a head start on someone as a trainer, and they go and save the world right under your nose AND beat you every time you battle.

Question: Do the team leaders have their distinct personalities regardless of version? Like...Archie always calling the player character a little scamp. Does he act that way only more hostile in AS, or does Maxie start being that way?

Oh and flying on my latios. Best thing ever. Only why does he need to be mega? Maybe he can't carry a person for very long in normal form?

1.The part where Maxie and Archie realize their wrongs is in Emerald.The people celebrating is not.

2.Kinda.Maxie is more helpful/kind in AS/S,and Archie is more helpful/kind in OR/R,because you have the same goal as Maxie/Archie,depending on the game.

3.Because logic dictates so.In the demo Lati@s is normal.Maybe Game Freak was lazy.

Archie still calls the player scamp/etc. I haven't played OR, but Maxie is quite composed in AS, no scamp from him.

I must admit, Primal Kyogre being such a handful was probably my least favorite thing about the sequence, lol. And when I got fed up, threw a Master Ball and saved, It turned out to be Jolly. Oh well.

But yeah, I agree with you 100%. I also found myself liking the evil teams way more than I did in R/S. I still prefer Galactic and Plasma, but after a while I grew to admire Maxie quite a bit.

But yeah, I agree with you 100%. I also found myself liking the evil teams way more than I did in R/S. I still prefer Galactic and Plasma, but after a while I grew to admire Maxie quite a bit.

Galactic and Plasma came after Magma and Aqua, when Gamefreak decided to start doing more feelsworthy stories, that's probably why. But man, did they make up for it here!

Both of them did that in Emerald. Though I'm sure it was mentioned in Ruby that he did return the orb he stole.

Yeah I think I remember the orb being returned. But still, this time around it was done a lot better. And you get to see him say it, so...

As for Emerald, I didn't get that far in that one.

I think it could have been way better, but I've got to learn to lower my expectations for Japanese RPGs aimed at kids.

The moment where my dude climbed on Groudon's back I thought was beyond stupid though, and I'm disappointed about how simple the primal form is in comparison to the original, because whilst it makes sense I was originally leaning towards the idea it'd have been a more dramatic change similar to the Mega-evolutions, where designs on most of the Pokemon changed enough to make them look unique.

Map props for them finally utilizing the fact that they're in a 3D space now, and not reliant on set angles due to the sprites. It's one thing that upset me about X and Y was that they barely used that yet here they've done pretty good with it.

In all honesty, Maxie would probably have a noble goal if every single one of his plans didn't result in humanity almost being destroyed. I agree with his ultimate goal of expanding humanity at the expense of nature.

I agree with his ultimate goal of expanding humanity at the expense of nature.

I'll have to disagree with you there. This quote sums up the reason:

"Only when the last tree is gone, all the water is poisoned, and the air is toxic, will we realize that we can't eat money."

Or something like that...the human race is advanced/expanded enough. But I don't want to turn this into a debate thread...

I'll have to disagree with you there. This quote sums up the reason:

"Only when the last tree is gone, all the water is poisoned, and the air is toxic, will we realize that we can't eat money."

Or something like that...the human race is advanced/expanded enough. But I don't want to turn this into a debate thread...

Potentially, but it would be possible to conserve enough nature to help us. I believe that humanity has the right to do what we will with nature, as long as we are strong enough. But by all means, take this to serious discussion.