that ME!ME!ME! video though

Raven

I'm not going to post the video here (NSFW, 18+ material) but if you care to watch it, a quick Google search will sort you out.

And yeah,

I watched it,

and,

I can'ttthaoch;icljkndc;oeihrf fh frw;jf fj fn

but the music and accompanying video are awesome in both the artistic sense, and the mindfucking sense

"About

ME!ME!ME! is a 2014 electronic pop song created by Japanese DJ and producer Teddyloid that quickly gained cult status among anime fans for its catchy tunes and the enigmatic premise of its music video, which prominently features suggestive themes and an abundance of attractive-looking female characters.

Origin

On November 17th, 2014, a preview of the animated music video for Teddyloids ME!ME!ME!was released on the official website of Japan Animator Expo, a weekly web series launched and curated in collaboration between the Neon Genesis Evangelion creator Hideaki Annos Studio Khara and the Japanese media company Dwango in late October 2014 as an outlet to showcase various works by up-and-coming artists, followed by the release of the full-length music video on November 21st. According to the official description, the music video illustrates the story of a young man being attacked and ravished by many girls.

The track was originally composed by Japanese electronic musician Teddyloid with lyrics provided by Daoko; the animated music video for the song was produced as a joint effort between character designer Shuichi Iseki and executive director Hibiki Yoshizaki."

70b.png

the song itself is sfw though so here

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/osf9ixa7r0brmne/TeddyLoid+-+ME!ME!ME!+(Static+Soundtrack+ver.).mp3

Edited by Raven

Not even close.

I was considering having my sig mememe-themed, though. But ribbon-clad lady trumped it considering it's christmas time.

BUT, maybe after Christmas is passed, I'll have a mememe sig/avvy combo

Edit: I'll copy-paste information about the song from knowyourmeme:

"About

“ME!ME!ME!” is a 2014 electronic pop song created by Japanese DJ and producer Teddyloid that quickly gained cult status among anime fans for its catchy tunes and the enigmatic premise of its music video, which prominently features suggestive themes and an abundance of attractive-looking female characters.

Origin

On November 17th, 2014, a preview of the animated music video for Teddyloid’s “ME!ME!ME!”was released on the official website of Japan Animator Expo, a weekly web series launched and curated in collaboration between the Neon Genesis Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno’s Studio Khara and the Japanese media company Dwango in late October 2014 as an outlet to showcase various works by up-and-coming artists, followed by the release of the full-length music video on November 21st. According to the official description, the music video illustrates the story of a young man being “attacked and ravished by many girls.”

The track was originally composed by Japanese electronic musician Teddyloid with lyrics provided by Daoko; the animated music video for the song was produced as a joint effort between character designer Shuichi Iseki and executive director Hibiki Yoshizaki."

70b.png

Edited by Raven

I really dont understand why people like the video so much. Like wow its so deep and mysterious but the messages seem pretty clear.

I think it's the shock value of it more than anything, or whatever it's called when something becomes popular because it's totally unexpected.

Besides that, it looks great and the music's good.

I think it's the shock value of it more than anything, or whatever it's called when something becomes popular because it's totally unexpected.

Besides that, it looks great and the music's good.

i guess it takes more than boobs to shock me

Edited by Moiraine

i watched it now and idgi

seems to be poking fun at the representation of women in anime but I don't even know

apparently it's something to do with people becoming addicted to the female anime form, preferring anime chicks over real women, or something or other.

looks to me as though the guy in this video lost his girl due to his addiction.

apparently it's something to do with people becoming addicted to the female anime form, preferring anime chicks over real women, or something or other.

looks to me as though the guy in this video lost his girl due to his addiction.

yes, but I was saying it also seems like that too by extension.

you could find whatever meaning you wanted really, such is the way with things that try hard to be 2deep4u

Edited by Tryhard

i watched it now and idgi

seems to be poking fun at the representation of women in anime but I don't even know

I havent watched it in a while, but does it point at anime specifically?

The figurines the guy has also come to life and try to attack him, so I wouldn't say it's specifically pointing at anime.

The figurines the guy has also come to life and try to attack him, so I wouldn't say it's specifically pointing at anime.

It seems to be mostly be pointing towards "otaku" (i.e mangas, figurines in view) culture, even if that's a disparaging name, though yes it doesn't specifically need to be so.

I think it seems very parodical and satirical but I believe it was made in part by the creator of Evangelion so I may as well not bother trying to understand it anyway. It actually reminds me of an old anime/manga called "Welcome to the N.H.K" with those themes. The more I think about it, the more similiar it seems. They might have even been inspired by it, seems to be saying the same sorts of things back in ~2006.

Edit: Though that particular one is played more like a black comedy at points.

At the very least the production values are good.

Edited by Tryhard

So I didn't watch the video nor do I care to but the thread title got me thinking of that scene in Super Paper Mario where Mimi the cute prissy girl snaps her own neck and turns into a Stephen King spider and goes MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI

And I was thinking to myself, "I don't know what's actually in this thread but it's probably nowhere near as cool as that scene"