Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

yeah, this is probably my least favourite castle in the game, there's like nothing to do. I guess on a normal playthrough you'd defend Lenster.

I think the only reason that this chapter is actually faster with growths (probably) is rescue though. Leaf promoting actually doesn't save any turns (in this chapter anyway) I don't think. That being said I haven't actually got to this chapter while planning a run yet, so maybe it will. I dunno.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to rescue Celice over the cliffs at Yied Castle would probably safe a shitload of turns on the way south?

How many turns would've been lost had you paired up Aideen with Claude?

I think the number of turns saved on chapter 4 with the rescue staff is far greater than what could potentially be saved by having it on chapter 7. Although his strategies would be much more reliable due to Fury use. And Holsety Sety maybe

Nah, rescue is way more valuable in chapter 7 (and 8). You can rescue Celice across the desert after Yied, back up to Darna to recruit Laylea. Rescue might not even really save more than 1-2 turns in chapter 4 honestly. With growths it might not even save any since Azel/Aideen probably will happen too late.

Claude Aideen doesn't cost any turns (it's a pretty fast pairing and Jealousy makes it even faster) either.

On 0% growths Azel X Aideen is much better though, if I didn't have the rescue staff I'd be limited to going at a 6 move pace at Thove (since either Levin or Dew would have to walk), and what that would cost me in terms of turns is so much more than what would be gained on chapter 7 (and probably nothing in 8 because Leif wouldn't be promoted on time.)

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I remember I played through this game the first time or two without using speed up and then in my first FE4 draft Horace completed the entire first gen in one night or something and I was like HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

I'm not sure if he's needed up north, but he makes things easier. I'm also not sure if I could rig it so that Linda survives since Oifaye will be using a light sword. Either way I don't think Linda would actually help at all because there aren't any other points where I need any infantry other than Shanan and an occasional Sety cameo.

its more you just get another staff user

I doubt Wrath would actually be useful

Although I guess Sety could probably cover all the warping since he doesn't really need to fight.

Edited by General Horace

Tbh, playing the game without speed up isn't too bad. I almost never speed up any game, since I kind of have the mentality that I have to experience the the game 100% like it was originally intended to be experienced or it will just come off as inauthentic to me, haha. I tend to listen to something other than the game's own OST during the arena portions, though. That does make them quite a bit more tolerable.

On a different note, Janne is my actual name, so uh, I hope she doesn't immediately die horribly.

Edited by Topazd255

Watching all these Ch7 videos reminds me why I haven't touched this game in ages. Truth to be told though, watching this run actually inspires me to play this game a bit more often in the future.

Shanan will have a sojourn in hell from Darna to the end of chapter 8, so no, I unfortunately can't pair him up (well maybe with jealousy, but since pairings aren't as important in the second generation the section on second generation jealousy isn't completed, and I'm not going to work it out for the sake of a +10% boost to hit/evade.)

Assuming you've restarted the game at least once (which you will for Celice's extra leadership star), sources suggest the following jealousy lists.

Celice    Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny=Leen=Rana=Patty=Altenna
 Leaf      Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny=Leen=Rana=Patty=Altenna
 Faval     Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny=Leen=Rana=Patty
 Lester    Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny=Leen=Rana
 Corpul    Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny=Leen
 Arthur    Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee=Tinny
 Sety      Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe=Fee
 Skasher   Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna=Lackhe
 Diarmuid  Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney=Nanna
 Johan     Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney
 Johalva   Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney
 Rodlevan  Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia=Mana=Radney
 Tristan   Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia
 Dimna     Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia
 Oifey     Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne=Femina=Julia
 Amid      Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy=Janne
 Shanan    Janne>Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda=Daisy
 Ares      Daisy>Janne>Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna>Layla=Linda
 Asaello   Layla>Linda>Daisy>Janne>Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna
 Hawk      Layla>Linda>Daisy>Janne>Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna
 Sharlow   Layla>Linda>Daisy>Janne>Femina>Julia>Mana>Radney>Nanna>Lackhe>Fee>Tinny>Leen>Rana>Patty>Altenna
Edited by Balcerzak