FE8 Reskin SS200

Kuru

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can finish him/her if I can get the thinking going in only matter of hours, otherwise it'll be a day or two.

I see. Well good luck to you. Also, whenever you finish the mug, just post it here if you want, or if you don't want peeps to see it beforehand, pm it to me and I will keep it safe. Oh yeah, I will need the blinking and talking frames; hope you include them.

And yeah, I need a summoner since the evil character is supposed to raise dead warriors in the story.

Don't worry about the frames, I have them covered.

Great!, 'cause I suck when it comes to custom stuff. I know little, but I tend to use what's already there in order to save me some time. Anyhow, I'm gonna keep working on this thing. I'll probably show some screens when I have your mug available; don't wanna leave him/her out.

Yep, thank you. I will work on getting some screens ready for you all. For now, you can show the mug here if you want, but I leave that up to you.

So next update I will be updating with screens and how much I've gotten done. Honestly, I haven't done much, but due to personal life matters, but I like where I am right now.

I have some bad news and some good news, but the good news are not all that good.

First of all, the bad news. Let me get that out of the way. The bad news is that I was working hard on the prologue but most of what I tried to get done failed big time. I tried importing some map sprites and walking sprites but the game hates me, I think. I couldn't make them work. Well, I did manage to get the standing sprites to work, but not the walking ones. I'm frustrated at this since I did everything as I was supposed to. Then I can't get anything else to work for chapter endings save defeat boss. I really wanted to have variety, but I can't get anything else to work. I think I will just go with a FE8 reskin in the end, to get something done and show it.

The problem is that I lack a complete submitted character roster. It would be awesome if I had one. At the moment I only have around five character submissions, and that is good, for I can always just use default characters of my choosing for the rest.

Now that you know how things are going, I beg for your forgiveness. I really tried hard to give you guys/gals something to look at, but I failed. Now I will leave the thread opened for any others who might read this and wish to submit a character that can replace one from FE8. Even if you have submitted one already, I will allow you to submit a few more if you want, so that I don't use all the rest characters on my own. Feel free to submit a few. I will begin working on the reskin now with what I have, and tomorrow I will post some screens for sure.

I have some bad news and some good news, but the good news are not all that good.

First of all, the bad news. Let me get that out of the way. The bad news is that I was working hard on the prologue but most of what I tried to get done failed big time. I tried importing some map sprites and walking sprites but the game hates me, I think. I couldn't make them work. Well, I did manage to get the standing sprites to work, but not the walking ones. I'm frustrated at this since I did everything as I was supposed to. Then I can't get anything else to work for chapter endings save defeat boss. I really wanted to have variety, but I can't get anything else to work. I think I will just go with a FE8 reskin in the end, to get something done and show it.

The problem is that I lack a complete submitted character roster. It would be awesome if I had one. At the moment I only have around five character submissions, and that is good, for I can always just use default characters of my choosing for the rest.

Now that you know how things are going, I beg for your forgiveness. I really tried hard to give you guys/gals something to look at, but I failed. Now I will leave the thread opened for any others who might read this and wish to submit a character that can replace one from FE8. Even if you have submitted one already, I will allow you to submit a few more if you want, so that I don't use all the rest characters on my own. Feel free to submit a few. I will begin working on the reskin now with what I have, and tomorrow I will post some screens for sure.

One can always ask for help on the hacking questions forum :)

One can always ask for help on the hacking questions forum :)

I know, but I'd just hate to be a nuisance there. Haha Besides, I had already learned how to do that, but since I left that other project unattended for a while, I must have forgotten how to do it properly.

The reskin won't be that bad. It's the same gameas FE8, but there will be different classes and mostly monsters to deal with, instead of human-based bosses. The story will also be way different. Tell me, do you think reskins are bad? Are they not well liked?

I know, but I'd just hate to be a nuisance there. Haha Besides, I had already learned how to do that, but since I left that other project unattended for a while, I must have forgotten how to do it properly.

The reskin won't be that bad. It's the same gameas FE8, but there will be different classes and mostly monsters to deal with, instead of human-based bosses. The story will also be way different. Tell me, do you think reskins are bad? Are they not well liked?

FE7CM op

FE7 Chaos Mode. Quite possibly the most LPed hack on SF. It may be a reskin, but its a damn good one.

I see. Sorry about not posting your words in quotes, it didn't let me multiquote.

Reskinning isn't a bad thing, if anything it's an amply opportunity to learn new things.

Yes, I agree. It's nothing much, but it could end up being a different experience.

I actually really like reskins. And the monster idea is really cool, (perhaps all monsters? And a human summoner?)

And I might submit another character or two. Good luck! :)

That's good. Feel free to submit one or two more if you'd like, I really don't mind since I wanna replace the default Fire Emblem cast if I can. And yes, all monsters will be used, as well as a Necromancer and a summoner for the main bad guys.

have you considered that asking questions and trying to learn new things is what the questions forum is there for

True. I just felt silly asking for more help when people there, especially you :), have already helped me a lot. I'll surely ask again after I release the reskin and then attempt a mini custom hack.

Oh yeah, and I am sorry that I cannot post any screens for you all. The truth is that I spent the day watching the NFL games and didn't have time to work on the project. But just give me time, maybe a day or two, and I will surely post something up.

I've been busy with so much stuff lately, but also have been working on this. Now I just want to let you all know that I need those extra characters if you have them. That's so I can insert their mugs, information, etc. Also, to begin with, I will replace the characters that joined throughout the opening to where Eirika meets up with Ephraim and return back to,,,is it Frelia? Don't recall, but yeah, to that chapter where the Tower of Valni appears. So, here is a list of the characters and which are taken.

Taken

Eirika (self chosen)

Ephraim (self chosen)

Seth (Terminator)

Franz (self chosen)

Colm (self chosen)

Neimi (self chosen)

Garcia (Willie)

Ross (Gabe)

Kyle (self chosen)

Forde (RandomSwordmaster's myrmidon character)

Orson (self chosen)

Myrrh (self chosen)

Lyon (Nadhir)

Vanessa (Dragoncat)

Gilliam (Whitewolf8)

Ewan (AwesomeSauce)

The rest are up for grabs, so if you are submitting extra characters, or wish to join up, now is the chance to pick one before I start to randomly insert my own choosing of mugs and names. I'll give this a few days then move on to the next phase.

Edit I need class, items, etc as information.

Another edit I added who replaced who. The self chosen means I just made those characters randomly in order to fill the roster. I will do so with the others if no one fills them up.

Edited by Terminator

Well ok i hope this goes well

Oh it will, for a reskin that is. :P

I'll recreate the first post of this thread so I can keep updates, project info, screenshots, etc. there like everyone else seems to do. I think that's actually kind of neat, organized, etc. So yeah, that first post will be changing in the following days, but not right now, as I will keep working on the project. ^_^

Oh yeah, guess I will just randomize the remaining characters on my own. If other members submit a character later on, I might allow them to do so. For now, guess that phase is over.