Allusions to FE7?

lancerusso

Also, people shouldn't be on a downer if it IS Elibe - FE:A is as similar to Marth's adventures as night and day. It'll merely be linking stories for nostalgia's sake, probably.

And Awakening took place in Marth's world. I did not like Elibe much.

So yeah, I'm passing on this if it's an Elibe game. Magvel deserves more love. Sacred Stones was a much better game and still lacks any sequels or prequels.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, I'm passing on this if it's an Elibe game. Magvel deserves more love. Sacred Stones was a much better game and still lacks any sequels or prequels.

That was my point- I don't like Marth's world at all, but really enjoy Awakening. It seems short sighted of you to pass on the game because it might be Elibe 2000 years later, or somesuch thing.

I do agree about Magvel- it would be nice to have some more Demon King action too, we've had plenty of Dragons, we want to fight dieties like Ashera or Formotiis. (I know some Dragons are considered divine... but they still feel too grounded. I want to get my hands onto FE creation myth)

If it's a sequel/prequel to FE6/7, you can paint me happy.

It's probably the only world in FE I could feel like I cared about, other than Jugdral. The Scouring is also an interesting part of Elibe I would want to see explored.

That's a pretty closed minded stance.

Just because you don't like FE7, and judge FE6 without playing it, you're going to pass on EVERYTHING Elibe related?

The gameplay is closer to FE13 (but hopefully less broken) than either 6 or 7, from what is known (pair up exists). In addition, FE13 was very detached from Marth's games, the main links besides oh it's the same being the shared Fire Emblem with the orbs from FE3/12 and Lucina parading around with Marth's name for 13 chapters.

What's more, FE13 is set in the world used by 7 past games. And Elibe is... oh two? Granted, Magvel does have less, but FE6/7's world isn't exactly in a ton of games either.

Maybe, going with my current view of the timeline, it could be the FE13 to the whole GBA era. I set FE8 as the "unofficial FE2" to 6/7.

That was my point- I don't like Marth's world at all, but really enjoy Awakening. It seems short sighted of you to pass on the game because it might be Elibe 2000 years later, or somesuch thing.

I do agree about Magvel- it would be nice to have some more Demon King action too, we've had plenty of Dragons, we want to fight dieties like Ashera or Formotiis. (I know some Dragons are considered divine... but they still feel too grounded. I want to get my hands onto FE creation myth)

There's still a chance I won't like it though, because of the Elibe-ness. I'm not a huge fan of Awakening anymore either.

Glad to see you like the idea of Magvel having more attention though. :)

That's a pretty closed minded stance.

Just because you don't like FE7, and judge FE6 without playing it, you're going to pass on EVERYTHING Elibe related?

I bet you would pass up a new Tellius game if it had Ike references despite any major differences from PoR and RD. And I would be fine with that. It's your choice.

Also, where have I ever judged FE6? I've said that it looks uninteresting to me, but that's it. I simply have no interest in it. I won't get into this argument with you again. Stop criticizing me every time I mention a dislike for FE7.

Edited by Anacybele

Both. I didn't enjoy the game all that much and I didn't find Elibe to be a very interesting continent. The only reason I even have an Elibe fic is because of the one thing I DID love in the game: Sain.

Edited by Anacybele

If this game turns out to be Elibe in the distant future like Awakening is Archanea/Valencia in the distant future, I'm going to lose all interest...

*snicker*

I bet you would pass up a new Tellius game if it had Ike references despite any major differences from PoR and RD. And I would be fine with that. It's your choice.

I bet you'd be coming out of your skin if the new game was Future Tellius, so much so, that you'd be bouncing off the walls. If someone hopes this game takes place in Future Elibe, so freaking what? If it really is Future Elibe, so freaking what? If someone said "Oh man, if its Future Tellius, im gonna riot" you'd be all "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, WORM!" You would, you know you would and dont bother denying it.

As for the OP, id be pretty excited if we got Future Elibe or even Ancient Past Elibe. If its a new land, thats cool too.

Also, where have I ever judged FE6? I've said that it looks uninteresting to me, but that's it. I simply have no interest in it. I won't get into this argument with you again. Stop criticizing me every time I mention a dislike for FE7.

Except I wouldn't? I have nothing against Tellius as a world. In fact, FE10 was my first FE game, and I still love it, I simply ignore Ike's bland personality and continue to love the gameplay.

I can cite several times you have done that, that being judging FE6 w/o playing it.

I'm not criticizing you for disliking FE7. I'm criticizing you for judging a game because it has vague ties to a game you dislike, if that is the case.

*s If someone said "Oh man, if its Future Tellius, im gonna riot" you'd be all "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, WORM!" You would, you know you would and dont bother denying it.

No, I would not. That would be very immature and stupid.

No, I would not. That would be very immature and stupid.

You get very mad when I insult Ike, despite doing the same to Lucy and Chrom.

Floki's post is both accurate and amusing, so... why not practice what you preach here?

I don't think this will take place on Elibe universe.

But there is certainly some similarity however.

My reasoning why I don't think it will is because of Elibe's weaponry versus this trailer's weapon selection.

But you could argue Killing Edge and Zanbato(Longsword) are in same style.

Let's just wait and see for more information on whether or not it's Elibe universe.

If it's a sequel/prequel to FE6/7, you can paint me happy.

I can kinda see what you're saying with the eye thing. Kinda. I think the blatant Ninian expyness of her is a bit more notable.

That said, they zoomed in on her eye for a reason, so I guess that's as good as any.I don't see anything pointing to Magvel.... but I see Elibe

You already have sketches of her up?

That was inhumanly fast.

Edited by Fateborn

S0McTVr.png

idk

I don't think so now.

On the whole Elibe thing I would not mind it in my mind set the more Fire Emblem the better I really want to see it come into its own as a notable Nintendo series among the likes of Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. May not happen in my lifetime but hell it'd be nice if it did.

And that picture how do you guys notice such things holy crap.

You already have sketches of her up?

That was inhumanly fast.

Pixiv is a magical place

I don't think this will take place on Elibe universe.

But there is certainly some similarity however.

My reasoning why I don't think it will is because of Elibe's weaponry versus this trailer's weapon selection.

But you could argue Killing Edge and Zanbato(Longsword) are in same style.

Let's just wait and see for more information on whether or not it's Elibe universe.

I suppose this is the best solution. Can't help but wonder, though.

Because you constantly refer to Ike as the "shit lord." I don't constantly refer to Lucina, Roy, or Chrom as "shit lords." I say their names proper and just leave it at that. And even when I did express dislike for Lucina and Chrom, I just said that I felt they were very boring and bland. That was it.

When you said Ike had a bland personality, I didn't complain. You weren't bashing him, you were just saying you felt he was bland. That's a lot better and less provoking than "shit lord." You see where I'm coming from here?

Floki's post is both accurate and amusing, so... why not practice what you preach here?

Hey, calm down you guys. People are allowed to irrationally dislike things... unfortunately. If one doesn't like a game, so be it. If one has a raging hard on for another, sure. Just don't have petty squabbles on the internet...

Because you constantly refer to Ike as the "shit lord." I don't constantly refer to Lucina, Roy, or Chrom as "shit lords." I say their names proper and just leave it at that. And even when I did express dislike for Lucina and Chrom, I just said that I felt they were very boring and bland. That was it.

When you said Ike had a bland personality, I didn't complain. You weren't bashing him, you were just saying you felt he was bland. That's a lot better and less provoking than "shit lord." You see where I'm coming from here?

There are far more ways to insult a character than calling them shitlord.

I will leave it at that.

...I don't get how my dislike for FE7 and Elibe is irrational. I found the game, plot, and setting all rather uninteresting. What's so irrational about that?

Anyway, I never said I was going to pass this game up yet. I'm still in for it if it's a brand new world all together and not related to any others. I would even prefer this over a new Tellius game, to be honest.

...I don't get how my dislike for FE7 and Elibe is irrational. I found the game, plot, and setting all rather uninteresting. What's so irrational about that?

Anyway, I never said I was going to pass this game up yet. I'm still in for it if it's a brand new world all together and not related to any others. I would even prefer this over a new Tellius game, to be honest.

You said you would pass it up if it was another Elibe game, which is slightly behind New verse as the setting.

I don't mind you hating FE7, I mind you judging the game if this theory is true.

Mom. Dad. Please stop fighting. :cry:

/patpats.

Relax, friend

Edited by Glaceon Sage

Armads was also in FE Awakening, and that isn't an Elibe game. And the Armads design in FE13 does not look like the one in Olininian's eye. The speculation is nice, but I won't be too bent on the game being in Elibe.

No, but disliking a game on its predecessors is relatively irrational. Surely you should try FE15 out and measure it on its own merits. Likewise, I know plenty of people on the forum who despise Tellius, and harbour an irrational hate for anything alluding to it. (Like the Priam stuff in Awakening).

Generally, FE isn't high art. So each of the games have weak points, and tbh which you like is going to be influenced by which you played first, which one took your childhood away, and which has a gameplay style befitting you best.

Oh, except FE4 IS high art of course. Because of Chapter 5.