Monster Hunter 4

Marusu

I wouldn't mind being in a MH-related chat. IRC, Skype--it doesn't bother me

I've been using nothing but lances, they're pretty fucking great. Charge went from being shit tier to god level b/c you can jump out of charge now.

What? Oh, I'm going to have to try this

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's so bad about longswords? :v

Absolutely nothing if you're sad and lonely like me and don't hunt with other people. Except I still don't like them that much because I like being able to block on occasion.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

I did an expedition today targeting velociwhatever with an unstable environment. Kecha showed up about a minute in. I killed velocidude and then started attacking kecha, but then as I was getting towards the end with kecha, kut-ku showed up as well. I was feeling kinda fatigued, so I made them eat my dust.

I've made a general Monster Hunter Skype chat, if anyone would like to be added. My Skype name is gilberto3072

I did an expedition today targeting velociwhatever with an unstable environment. Kecha showed up about a minute in. I killed velocidude and then started attacking kecha, but then as I was getting towards the end with kecha, kut-ku showed up as well. I was feeling kinda fatigued, so I made them eat my dust.

Yeah, this happens. They do eventually stop spawning, though. It's a way to get points, which primarily lets you multiply the items you give to the Wycoon (the merchant you acquire after being Kecha Wacha for the first time)

Edited by DodgeDusk

Me and Dijon just farmed the shit out of Gore Magala, and are now both running the Gore S set. We both have the HR5 Urgent, too.

UPDATE: Now HR6.

Edited by Gaia

It's incredible how quickly people make progress in this game.

I'm surprised, haha. I'm only on HR3 cause I haven't had much time to progress, been farming for resources to make new armor.

Edited by DragonLord

It's incredible how quickly people make progress in this game.

Hunter ranks are a lot more lenient than in tri, and tbqh the level system in tri was a bit too slow at times.

Also you start noticing there isn't much reason to farm a lot in low rank since armour becomes obsolete as soon as you enter high rank and there isn't much room with skill experimentation.

Yeah, I haven't really bothered with skills and armours all too much. Made the Velociprey set, then the Gore set. I'll probably start thinking about skills and armour resistances and weaknesses once I get into High Rank

Hunter ranks are a lot more lenient than in tri, and tbqh the level system in tri was a bit too slow at times.

I'm not sure if I prefer Tri's system or the new system; it felt like you could grind High Rank weapons and armours and not slow down your progress in Tri. I'm sure many people favour the new system, though

Edited by DodgeDusk

mvoVRbp.jpg

Yeah uh...

anybody able to explain this?

I thought you all fail the quest if everyone altogether faints a total of 3 times. Is it a glitch, or are the quests later more forgiving?

Edited by DragonLord

they're actually far more punishing but that's just the monsters. the 3 ko rule is universal, i dont know what the fuck is up there

Yeah, the dude triplecarted but I went into my records and it says they fainted four times. :/