FE8 Chaos Mode Progress Topic

Klokinator

Feel free to make replacement animations if you don't like them. I mean, all these people calling them bad, nobody making good alternatives.

There's female warrior, female bishop sprite in fe8girl, they're different enough. (map sprite that is, I have yet to see them in combat.)

There's also female wyvern lord apparently but it's not right size for wyvern lord aspect i think. (it just blink around when you hover over it, kinda like my hack's wyvern knight issue until i found a solution.)

Edited by Fateborn

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(RE: Summoners getting staves) Would still like to come up with a suitable (or at least silly) in-game reason for it, though. Because it sounds fun.

Got it! Summoners learn how to use staves so they can take care of their own creatures. After all, they don't expect some hoity-toity Bishop to give a shit about their unholy creations. Summoners are really just necromantic mothers who want to look out for their own children, however demonic they may be.

When legendary weapons and claws become commonplace and your units have 100ish HP, it'll be great having that.

I'm also planning to change staff ranges. I'm thinking...

Heal: 1

Mend: 1-2

Physic: Mag/3

Recover: Mag/2

Fortify: Mag/2

Latona: All

We will see.

I'll have to refresh my memory to see how all those are different from usual, but Mend being 1-2 stands out to me as a nice perk. It gives Mend a place that it normally wouldn't have since Mend is kind of fucking useless otherwise.

You should add in 2 items for your waifu.

Cookie: 1 use. Restore 10 HP.

Sparkles: 1 use. Pure water effect.

More useful than I was thinking they'd be for sure. :p I was hoping Sparkles could be an item that can only be used the first round of combat to make a dazzling entrance. L'arachel would get all of them.

So, since Klok keeps bringing up another lord, I think we can assume it's not Mehfraim. That being said, what happens to him anyway?

Well, I think...

I actually just removed the new lord because it broke the earlygame choice balance I wanted. Also, it ended up being a stupid idea and would have been too much work to fit into the barebones story.

... awwwww.

Clearly the answer is simply to make a better story.

The new lord was actually Psycho Ninian but I've moved her to being Ephraim's lover in chapter 5x because fuck you that's why

Poor, poor Ephraim.

----

In other news, I totally plan on practicing for this by playing (and attempting to get decent at) FE8 and will give FE7CM a go, too. It kept being updated so I was just going to wait for the final version, but since it looks like it's going to be sitting there for a while, I'll play the current version. I'm actually in the middle of an FE8 playthrough right now, though I scammed a bunch of levels in the tower mostly so I could just use L'arachel to kill everything, so it's kind of lazy.

Edited by Kirie

If you want to "practice", I suggest using FE7CM as your training buddy. You'll see Klok's logic, as well as what kinds of changes he may implement (he's free to turn right around and scramble the weapon/character parameters again, but it'll help to get over the initial shock).

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. FE8 is preparation for the "FE8" part of FE8CM and FE7CM is preparation for the "CM" part of FE8CM. And I was planning on playing it anyway. It'll mostly be amusing to see how amazingly godawful I end up being.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. FE8 is preparation for the "FE8" part of FE8CM and FE7CM is preparation for the "CM" part of FE8CM. And I was planning on playing it anyway. It'll mostly be amusing to see how amazingly godawful I end up being.

Assuming you're a big newbie to FE7CM, you'll probably take about 10+ tries to beat Chapter 11. And that's the easy part.

why hello there new topic

There's only one way, one possible way that I will add a new character that someone wants me to add, and that's if they supply me with a map sprite, mug, and animation. The animation has to be actually good too, and FEditor formatted. It has to be the least amount of annoying and painless as humanly possible for me to add so I don't have to fuck around with it, basically.

New classes though, all I need is a map sprite set and animation series.

o'really? I think I can come up with something cool and very easy to throw in considering how long you are going to be with this. gives me a few months tops 8D (after various animation fixes and junk)

I just spoke to Phobia lmao. I can literally message him anytime and he replies back within an hour because he has an email notifier.

Also, I'm rating my potential second LPer on whoever so far has done the most interesting LP's, and who hasn't seen the doc yet (Which unfortunately means Mr. Night, Moniker, and Tequila are out for now, since I don't want them inadvertently spoiling every little thing for their own LP '3').

you do know I simply glance at the doc's right? I don't mention them ever. it's moot anyway because I don't think I am a good choice since my rage takes awhile to show.

Awww, I was totally going to volunteer to be the playthrougher, but I've not done a single LP. :< The closest is a write-up I did of a themed Wonderlocke for Pokémon X, which ended up being practically novel length. I totally would, though. And I would probably die about 15 times because I'm not exactly super great at FE or anything so it would be amusing to say the least. >_>

Also, for what it's worth, I'm totally not surprised that there's ~9 pages of chatter without a single chapter done yet. I'd be disappointed if that weren't the case, actually.

don't worry you have time. you can start doing LP's now *looks at you with expectations*

L'arachel is always useful. :<

Though I suppose we don't know what class she'll be yet anyway.

Point made. I never really used Summoners because they seemed... lacking. Would still like to come up with a suitable (or at least silly) in-game reason for it, though. Because it sounds fun.

The Bishops doing extra healing "damage" against monster units is a pretty hilarious thing that I hadn't thought of. Niche use, but awesome.

why do I get the feeling most do not know how broken summoners can be?

edit: also i request to be a shadow tester, someone who playtests in secret maybe?

Edited by MrNight48

Assuming you're a big newbie to FE7CM, you'll probably take about 10+ tries to beat Chapter 11. And that's the easy part.

Not only am I a complete newbie to FE7CM, I'm not really all that great of a player in general. I enjoy FE games a hell of a lot, but I'm pretty casual. The only real difficult FE things I've done is complete HHM and FE:A Lunatic. I tend to use characters because I like them, make supports based on personalities, and I've never really used particularly popular tactics or hacks, like the mine glitch.

In other words, I'll probably be lucky to MAKE it to C11. But I'll have fun along the way, so it's cool.

I actually want the newbiest possible players for betatesting FE8CM. The most casual you can think of. People with foreknowledge some random internet player might not have aren't the best choices.

I'd like to think I have you at least partially covered on this front. I'm no supernewb, but I'll probably be approaching the game in a style much closer to them than most people interested in this hack.

why do I get the feeling most do not know how broken summoners can be?

I can't speak for most people, of course, but I didn't know. Though that's probably just a combination of not really using Summoners and not really caring about using powerful things anyway.

I can't speak for most people, of course, but I didn't know. Though that's probably just a combination of not really using Summoners and not really caring about using powerful things anyway.

It's not so much broken as a unit but it's mechanic that's broken. not going to say any more because if most do not know, it will be fun to show off in the future.

Well, now you've gone and peaked my curiosity. :< Though I was kind of surprised that my whole ~3 minutes of furious searching didn't really find much info on the whole summoning thing.

Also, while looking at Summoners I learned for the first time that they could already wield Staves; that wasn't just something that Klok gave to them. Now I wonder what IS's in-game reasoning is for that one, though I do like the explanation I posted earlier.

Also, while looking at Summoners I learned for the first time that they could already wield Staves; that wasn't just something that Klok gave to them. Now I wonder what IS's in-game reasoning is for that one, though I do like the explanation I posted earlier.

Summoners: Dark and Staves with Summon skill

FE8 Druids: Dark, Anima, and Staves

All promoted magic classes in FE6 and beyond seem to be able to use staves, except for the promotions of Dark Mages in FE11-13

Can i tell her why summoners are awesome?

If you're taking things from the Japanese hacks, may I suggest taking a look at the green patch? Per usual, they've stolen mugs and animations, but they successfully implemented skills and seem to have somewhat of a Magic/STR split (though its more like the STR/MAG split from Thracia). If you could replicate the things they've implemented by looking into the hacked Rom I'm sure it would help the quality of your hack and would provide hackers with more material to work with in general. Also some of the music sounds nice, but I'm not sure if they are stolen or not.

Well, this is the FE8 thread, so you can't blame me for that one though in hindsight I guess that does look a lot like FE7. This is what I get for attempting thinking so early in the morning.

I did find a Reddit thread about the Green Patch. I guess the point is just all of the characters with green/blue hair which is... kind of silly but sure why not.

Interesting thought, Franku, thanks. I've never heard of the Green Patch before, got a link?

Edit:

167278a8f0.PNG

Please use that! I've always liked promoted Roy's battle animation! I probably like FE6 too much because of James's rebalance, though...