FE8 Chaos Mode Progress Topic

Klokinator

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh huh, I saw the download link had FE4 in it. Well, I feel stupid.

Yeah, the OP in the reddit thread linked the wrong patch. Here is the correct link, just patch to a Japanese FE8 rom.

mIxOr6x.png

You'll come across a few units like these. Luna is an edit of the pierce skill that the Wyvern Knight had. There is also Vantage which they have successfully placed into the game. Wrath activates like its supposed to, if a unit is under half their total HP, crit will increase by 50.

XXwV8nO.png

Then there are odd skills like this. I don't understand moonspeak, but it seems to boost stats if a units HP is under half. Also, that bar under STR is is not SKL, its MAG and RES.

If you need save data let me know. I got bored after a while, so I haven't completed the whole game, but I did manage to play a decent chunk of it.

I wonder how they made stats cap higher than 30.

FE8 Girls has that, and I believe TLP managed to break the 30 "limit" as well. I bet it's something that's not too difficult, but don't quote me on that.

inb4 it's the hardest ASM project ever

Edited by Forceman

Nifty. I was thinking of making the S rank more meaningful too, but only if I don't enable multiple-S ranks by default like I did in the Christmas version of FE7CM. If I do, no reason to.

Why not assign each of the stats per rank and give a higher bonus just for said stat? Axe = Strength, Sword = Speed, Lance = Defense, Bow = Skill, Staff = HP, Dark = Magic, Anima = Res and Light = Luck? Or switch them around to what you see fit.

Why not assign each of the stats per rank and give a higher bonus just for said stat? Axe = Strength, Sword = Speed, Lance = Defense, Bow = Skill, Staff = HP, Dark = Magic, Anima = Res and Light = Luck? Or switch them around to what you see fit.

I like this.

The whole point is escalation. Obviously, more and more enemies in lategame will wield better weapons. Using inferior grade weapons isn't recommended, and the stat boosts cancel each other out on the same tier.

Ex: If I have an iron sword and an enemy has an iron sword, he gets +1 STR/SPD/DEF and so do I. My STR is cancelled out by his DEF, and vice versa, while our SPD boost also cancels out. All weapons of a similar type (Steel Sword/Axe/Lance/Bow) have the same boosts, so it's only there to discourage using inferior weaponry in the lategame.

You may also notice the weapons stats themselves go up linearly too. Completely intentional. Why use the Iron sword when the Steel sword has better stats and more uses?

Edited by Klokinator

Hmm, It seems like Silver Sword is still known as "Go fuck yourself"

Edit: It seems to have evolved into Silver Blade.

I liked my idea more

Edited by B.Mage