Units

Giratina

What is interesting about this mace(or rod) is that it looked like it created a fire explosion when the enemy was attacked,so it might actually be more of a magic weapon.

Also if Maid is indeed a new staff-wielding class, I wonder what does it promote to. War Maid? Lol XDD

Maids with axes confirmed!

I think I know which one you're talking about. Perhaps you recruit them by talking to them, like for Gaius in Awakening?

Probably. I hope this game has more enemy recruits.

Looking at Awakening... there were literally only three enemy units (Gaius, Tharja, and spoiler) that could be talked to and recruited. That's weird....

It's pretty minor, but now that I've noticed it it really bothers me...

Edited by L95

I'm not sure on this "Ice Magic" thing. After all, the animation for Rexcalibur in RD used an ice animation.

Probably. I hope this game has more enemy recruits.

Looking at Awakening... there were literally only three enemy units (Gaius, Tharja, and spoiler) that could be talked to and recruited. That's weird....

Cynthia, Walhart, Yen'fay, Gangrel and Yarne all start out on the enemy side and need to be talked into joining your side.

Also if Maid is indeed a new staff-wielding class, I wonder what does it promote to. War Maid? Lol XDD

Even though they are dressed as maids, I'm sure they will be Clerics.

Cynthia, Walhart, Yen'fay, Gangrel and Yarne all start out on the enemy side and need to be talked into joining your side.

You don't talk to Walhart, and Gangrel was what I meant by spoiler. Yen'fay is a npc when you recruit him. You're right about Yarne and Cynthia, though. I forgot about Yarne because I picked his group... >.>

(Upon reflection, my statement was too narrow.)

So are we decided that the Ice mage is using.. Ice Magic? I'm not sure that I think that's as likely as it just being a strange spell animation for wind magic.

But then again, there are other new weapons.

I honestly don't think it'll just be wind magic. The animation certainly didn't seem like wind magic, and like you said, there are other new weapons. Even if it does happen to be wind magic maybe it'll be like a special kind of wind magic that is more rare? Either way I just really want to see ice magic.

I honestly don't think it'll just be wind magic. The animation certainly didn't seem like wind magic, and like you said, there are other new weapons. Even if it does happen to be wind magic maybe it'll be like a special kind of wind magic that is more rare? Either way I just really want to see ice magic.

Could it be a character specific thing? Like a special magic only that character can use

Did anybody else notice that in the second screen, the enemy has one dark knight, and the rest are non-promoted classes (as far as I can tell at least)?

Any thoughts on that?

I'm pretty sure that's just what Cavaliers look like in this game.

I'm pretty sure that's just what Cavaliers look like in this game.

Um... no? The mounted unit to the upper right of the cav that the pegasus knight is definitely not another cavalier. They look completely different, and only the Dark Knight has that ridiculous collar.

tumblr_inline_niav4lDkbK1t3crcv.png

There's a cav right there to compare it to...

Edited by L95

The yellow circled unit is definitely wielding something in the axe family of weapons, assuming they kept the basic Sword>axe>lance>sword weapon triangle.

Look at this from the trailer

attachicon.gifNewClass.png

I think it's already been discussed that the color on the back of the icon is significant, along with the color strip at the bottom. Notably, Swords have a red background with a green strip on bottom, lances a blue background with red on bottom, then we have this (if anyone can read Japanese be my guest) and it has a green background with blue strip on bottom. The strip on bottom tells what the weapon is good against for example the lance has the red strip on bottom so it's good against red weapons, or swords. So just by the colors, this is in the axe family of weapons, however that icon clearly does not look like any sort of traditional axe. This leads me to believe that we will have multiple weapon subtypes within the same weapon family. Kind of how there were swords and blades in previous games, but both were governed by the sword skill. However I wonder if even though some weapons are in the same family, if units will be limited to specific subgroups within said family, like only able to use blades instead of blades, swords, and katanas.

Now I don't think this will be the case, but you mentioned how certain classes may only be able to use certain subgroups, but what if those subgroups have an advantage over each other (like the anima magic triangle). That said, it could work if units could only use a specified subgroup or if they are all just classified as one thing. I don't feel that will be the case, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Now I don't think this will be the case, but you mentioned how certain classes may only be able to use certain subgroups, but what if those subgroups have an advantage over each other (like the anima magic triangle). That said, it could work if units could only use a specified subgroup or if they are all just classified as one thing. I don't feel that will be the case, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Triangles within triangles? Dude that's so meta...

I'd like that honestly but would the triangle bonus be the same +/- 1 attack and +/- 15 hit for both cases i.e. same bonus for axe vs. lance as axe A vs. axe B?

Did anybody else notice that in the second screen, the enemy has one dark knight, and the rest are non-promoted classes (as far as I can tell at least)?

Any thoughts on that?

It's probably a little later in the game when you start to see promoted classes occasionally. Probably nothing too major.

wait felicia doesn't seem to have pink hair is more like brownish orangy isn't it? o.o

It's more of a pink color, as you can see with my avatar picture. It's maybe tinted a little orange, but not too much.

It's probably a little later in the game when you start to see promoted classes occasionally. Probably nothing too major.

Judging by the fact that both the player units and the enemies have only like 20-23 HP in both maps, I think it's safe to assume that this happens at a very early point in the game. However, since this is not the final version of the game, I personally wouldn't read much into it because those promoted units could have been put there as placeholders or even decorations.

Edited by Ryo

Judging by the fact that both the player units and the enemies have only like 20-23 HP in both maps, I think it's safe to assume that this happens at a very early point in the game. However, since this is not the final version of the game, I personally wouldn't read much into it because those promoted units could have been put there as placeholders or even decorations.

Yeah, that's likely too. It's probably just placeholder things, but I'm sure it'll be somewhat similar in the final game.