Radiant Dawn style Campaign?

Sentacotus

I'd like something like RD if it was executed better. It always felt there like the Greil Mercenaries were always gonna be your best units because of where they started class and level wise and how much more opportunity they had to level up due to their maps being full of promoted units (therefore more EXP). Although if you keep the world map concept from Awakening/SS and stay with certain factions for a couple chapters to get to use the grind map it could work.

My guess is we see something more similar to FE8's Eirika and Ephraim routes or the route splitting in FE6. Actually I'm thinking more like FE6 since those route splits weren't explicitly stated choices they were related to decisions made in battle like which house to visit in the first Western Isles map and which of your units were higher level in determining Ilia/Sacae and I guess it's not really a route split per se, but having collected all the divine weapons to continue on after defeating Zephiel.

I'd like something like RD if it was executed better. It always felt there like the Greil Mercenaries were always gonna be your best units because of where they started class and level wise and how much more opportunity they had to level up due to their maps being full of promoted units (therefore more EXP). Although if you keep the world map concept from Awakening/SS and stay with certain factions for a couple chapters to get to use the grind map it could work.

No kidding; I can count the amount of useful Micaiah units on one hand whereas the Greil Mercenaries almost universally became useful in the campaign. I think the ones recruited from Micaiah's campaign I used through the game were Jill, Zihark (who had his PoR bonuses AND came with the Earth affinity), Nailah, and Rafiel. Everyone else was laid to the wayside, mostly due to the fact that they aren't as readily available in the game or just aren't as good whereas the Greil boys have TONS of great units. If they were to do an RD-style campaign they'd need to find a way to alleviate the availability problems so no one got left behind.

I'm hope it will be like FE8, you and your units have been fighting bandits and such in both territories. Then after a few missions (5 or so, enough to fit in a tutorial) you get to choose which side you and your mercenary group fights on, and with those 5 missions taking place in the different territories you could get to see how this war is affecting people (add back entering house for no reason and talking to the people in them) and what the motives for both sides are. After that you work for the side you picked and along the way you get to choose between raiding villages for weapons and gold, or helping then. Hopefully when you raid the villages we get to hear the villagers crying out (So you know that was evil). And at the very end, when you begin the battle against the enemy lord, give the lord some dialogue specific to how you played. Have them curse you and call on the gods wrath, if you destroyed villages. Finally, in the battle have the family of the lord on the battlefield hiding in a room, some of them with weak weapons to "fight back" with. That way you have the choice of killing the entire line, even the young kids, to try and stop them from growing up and making a rebel army. Or sparing them, where they would be captured and probably executed at a later date.

Nah, im really expecting something more along the lines of FE8, with split routes. Choose one way, and you go one way. Choose the other on another playthrough. As long as i get to pick who i side with, its all good.

I'd want what FE8 did, and then some. Like, instead of just one choice, you're offered multiple choices starting from much earlier on that would give you some sort of branched story to follow that could lead to different endings.

Edited by Ambulz

I'd want what FE8 did, and then some. Like, instead of just one choice, you're offered multiple choices starting from much earlier on that would give you some sort of branched story to follow that could lead to different endings.

Ja. Like, Kamui is a royal of some sort, right? Well, i want to be able to have my Kamui pick the politically sound option, not just the "look what a good person i am!" option. And that having all sorts of interesting consequences and units that would join when they wouldnt otherwise, etc. It would also increase replay value.

I'd like the idea of being presented with two (or more) choices, with a morally sound, but tactically poor option, and a tactically sound, but morally questionable option. If (kek) the game's goal with the whole more choices thing is to make the player think, which I believe that choice in games should ultimately do, then making it easier to be the bad guy than the good guy would be something I'd find interesting.