• Other
  2. 2. Should stealing be put back in

• Yes, but its based on skill
    • Yes, but its based on speed
    • Yes, but have it always work
    • Yes, but base it on both speed and skill
    • Yes, but only trickster/rogue can do it
    • No, stealing is wrong
  3. 3. Should rogue be added in as a promotion for thief?

• Yes, with a focus on dodge tanking enemies
    • Yes, but only if stealing is added back in
    • Yes, but only if lockpicking is changed
    • Yes, for both 2nd and 3rd reasons
    • No, they're not needed

Picking locks should be an innate skill in the thief class tree. As for stealing, I think it should require speed, as well as strength. I liked rogues in FE10, more than tricksters. I'm really okay with the design of tricksters, but the staves . . . eh. In RD there were locked weapons that couldn't be stolen or traded.

Skill based stealing would be cool. Locktouch was wiggy and i'd like to see it return.

But this is one big thing: TRICKSTER CAPS, PLEASE STOP SUCKING!

Ahem, sorry about that, but yeah Trickster caps in Awakening were moldy trousers stuck to fungi pants. Id like for that to change a bit. I love the class and its utility.

Pick locks, not noses: I voted for Lockpicks, but I think it should be an innate for Thieves and Rogues.

Steal more loot, or steal lives?: Steal definitely needs to come back, with a guaranteed chance... on items. For weapons, you'll need some Constitution to nick that Wolf Beil off that Manlord's hands.

Lovable Rogues, unloved Beowolf Rogues: Sadly, there was none for choosing Options 1, 2, and 3, so I just chose the one for 2 and 3. Screw Tricksters. More super-speed promo-Thieves.

I couldnt figure out why they removed the stealing mechanic in Awakening. What's the point of theives that can't steal?! That's not a Thief!

Might as well be called "poor man's myrmidon".

Other than that, it would be nice to see rogues return. I always kinda liked them. As long as they are differentiated from Tricksters (dodgetank focussed class? Yes please!).

Just to ruin everyone's lives they should bring a Rogue in called Rouge. Like from good ol' Sanic.

Edited by Zalo

I would love to see stealing make a comeback, it was one of the best parts of the series. It was like an optional objective to complete, just like protecting villages and stuff. High risk, high reward.

I personally feel like lockpicks added nothing whatsoever. Since only thieves could use them, I didn't get what the point of them was. It was like requiring pegasus knights to have a horse in order to fly.

I would like to see rogues return, but they do need to be better balanced.

Imagine rigging steals.To get a bullion.And having it fail.Because screw the RNG.There's a reason why stealing didn't work on equipped weapons, and I have no idea why you assumed that I wanted it to work on them.

Oh wow, this just gave me an idea.

What if when a thief has to steal, there isnt a 100% chance in getting an item, rather a percentage of success, depending on the speeds of the two units?

However, this may lead to a lot of people getting annoyed whenever the RNG's/percentages screw them over :/

Should be success or not, fixed as opposed to RNG. It's already risky enough trying to steal with a Thief. And I don't think Assassin should have Steal/Lockpicks, they're more of a combat class (or should be) than Trickster. Which I think makes more sense than Rogue as well. It didn't really add much. I'd be fine with Assassin's keeping Lockpicks though and Trickster's gaining Steal and keeping Lockpicking.

I hated lockpicks. I want steal back. I don't think we need rogue, as it was basically just a thief with better stat caps that didn't need lockpicks, so it would be really redundant unless lockpicks are brought back. And if it does come back, I'd rather it replace Assassin and have Assassin be a Myrmidon only promotion than replace the unique Trickster class. Either that, or make tri-branching promotion a thing.