Should gryphon riders return?

Dragoncat

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should they?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

Yeah. I voted no because of how out of place it looks. There are no gryphons anywhere else in FE and nothing about where they came from. And, Cherche loves Minerva a lot. Why would she give her up for a gryphon? Why would anyone change the species of their mount all of a sudden? It makes no sense.

Discuss.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought that gryphon riders were their own class in Awakening... and then I found out it was a promote of the Wyvern Rider and I was just "HUH?" It doesn't make any sense; how does a wyvern rider transition to a gryphon rider? Even worse, gryphon's never really had an introduction or a place in FE history. It felt like some sort of cheap add-on.

If they are going to bring the gryphon rider back, it needs to be its own class and have its own promotes. Maybe they can wield swords, since pegasus knights in Awakening (and in general) wield lances and wyvern riders wield axes? A new flying class would be nice...

Edited by ???

Get rid of them.

While you're at it, give my Falcon Knight back her swords. If you want a poor Queen knock-off, make it its own class instead of trying to cram so much into the Falcon Knight.

If they are going to bring the gryphon rider back, it needs to be its own class and have its own promotes. Maybe they can wield swords, since pegasus knights in Awakening (and in general) wield lances and wyvern riders wield axes? A new flying class would be nice...

This is a good idea.

What would each of them specialize in though? Pegs should keep their magic classes IMO, so maybe Wyverns could be more focused on offense while Griffons are more defensive?

Edited by Owain Dark

I voted Yes because I like them and Gryphon Rider Lon'qu is cool.

Also, why is it weird for a Wyvern Rider to get a different animal? They got something different in Sacred Stones if you chose Wyvern Knight(it's an actual wyvern, Wyvern Riders/Lords ride dragons(maybe wyrms iunno)). Same for the Pegasus Knights in both Sacred Stones(if you so choose) and the Akanea games.

Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out some way to differentiate them; they were meant to be the balanced alternative to the speedy but weak and fragile Pegasus Knights and slow but tough and strong Wyvern Lords. It's like trying to make an aerial Mercenary class. Maybe they could also get a secondary weapon class like swords since in Awakening all they used were axes.

Edited by Aiddon

This is a good idea.

What would each of them promote to though? Pegs should keep their magic classes IMO, so maybe Wyverns could be more focused on offense while Griffons are more defensive?

How about air to air combat focused? Give them access to bows and swords. Swords would obviously counter axes and bows could be used for bonus damage vs other fliers.

How about air to air combat focused? Give them access to bows and swords. Swords would obviously counter axes and bows could be used for bonus damage vs other fliers.

I thought about bows but having a flier with bows might be a little OP haha, especially if they keep that skill that adds movement when paired up. And if they had access to Galeforce... Good lord.

Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out some way to differentiate them; they were meant to be the balanced alternative to the speedy but weak and fragile Pegasus Knights and slow but tough and strong Wyvern Lords. It's like trying to make an aerial Mercenary class. Maybe they could also get a secondary weapon class like swords since in Awakening all they used were axes.

I think this pretty much sums up my viewpoint on how gryphon rider's should be developed, except have their base weapon be swords. For their promote, bows would be nice too, as TacoMan stated. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a flier with bows before...

I thought about bows but having a flier with bows might be a little OP haha, especially if they keep that skill that adds movement when paired up. And if they had access to Galeforce... Good lord.

I think any unit in general with Galeforce is pretty OP haha.

Also, why is it weird for a Wyvern Rider to get a different animal? They got something different in Sacred Stones if you chose Wyvern Knight(it's an actual wyvern, Wyvern Riders/Lords ride dragons(maybe wyrms iunno)). Same for the Pegasus Knights in both Sacred Stones(if you so choose) and the Akanea games.

It's more along the lines of gryphon riders not existing in FE lore and then suddenly appearing than flying classes getting different animals when promoted. Honestly, the introduction of gryphon riders was really sudden in FE13. As I said before, it felt like a cheap add-on. One minute they weren't there, next minute, bam! Gryphon riders! There is so much to be explained yet there's not even one mention in FE13 concerning gryphons. One would think that if you had lion-eagle hybrids roaming around, it would maybe play some part into the story (or maybe just appear in the story). Did they migrate to Chrom's world by some accident? Was it because of the OtherWorld gate? Or is it just a case of: "Yeah, they already exist in our world."? I hope if we do get gryphon riders again–whether as a new flying class or not–there is maybe at least some minor explanation...

Well, that's why me and many others want Galeforced nerfed or removed.

Also, I like the idea of death from above with Bows + Fliers.

Hell yeah they could be like the B-52's of Fire Emblem. Maybe they could even have a skill called Bombard which is like astra except with bows.

Hell yeah they could be like the B-52's of Fire Emblem. Maybe they could even have a skill called Bombard which is like astra except with bows.

Couldn't they just use astra? It works with every weapon, even tomes.

Not trying to rain on your parade but isn't there a bow called Astra with the astra skill?

When I think of the word bombard... I think of Michael Bay explosions. So are we talking like fire-elemented attacks with a bow or something haha.

Not trying to rain on your parade but isn't there a bow called Astra with the astra skill?

When I think of the word bombard... I think of Michael Bay explosions. So are we talking like fire-elemented attacks with a bow or something haha.

There may very will be but I've never run into it. And sure I don't see why not or it could mean that they loose arrows with fire for added damage.

Edited by TacoMan42