Should gryphon riders return?

Dragoncat

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should they?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

While I could care less(I never hated nor liked the class) I can see them making it a shared promotion between Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Knights if they have barnching promotions and if they are made one like in FE:SS?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. I see what you did there Bobobarrel.

More seriously I think gryphon rider would work best as its own line of fliers. I think an all around good flier that uses swords, and makes up for its two weaknesses with a high skill would work best. Then for one possible promotion have it gain bow usage and just be a straight upgrade without changing much else about the class. I think giving this promotion bombard, and making bombard work by allowing the unit attack an extra time with a bow after getting a critical hit would make sense.

I'm all out of ideas for another promotion thing. Maybe a monster hunter type class?

Edited by Honey Bunny

as they are now they need to go however I would not mind them being split into their own line IF as suggested they switch to wielding swords to give us a full weapon triangle... (In addition we could split off the magic and staffs from pegasi for their own line they could still ride pegasi mounts or get their own thing IDK)

aka

Pegasus knight-> Falcon knight

lance lance/sword

Wyvern rider -> Wyvern lord

axes axes/lances

Gryphon rider->Gryphon masters(or somthing IDK name wise)

sword sword/axe

then we could have a pegasi sub with magic and staves so we could have a versatile mix of fliers

as they are now they need to go however I would not mind them being split into their own line IF as suggested they switch to wielding swords to give us a full weapon triangle... (In addition we could split off the magic and staffs from pegasi for their own line they could still ride pegasi mounts or get their own thing IDK)

aka

Pegasus knight-> Falcon knight

lance lance/sword

Wyvern rider -> Wyvern lord

axes axes/lances

Gryphon rider->Gryphon masters(or somthing IDK name wise)

sword sword/axe

then we could have a pegasi sub with magic and staves so we could have a versatile mix of fliers

YES!!!THIS IS GENIUS!!!

Highly relevant to this thread; Katie is the best.

I like the concept of Griffin Riders in general, but I feel the idea was executed terribly in Awakening. I wouldn't mind them coming back if they started out as a first tier class and FE got rid of the whole mount-swapping thing when promoting because it makes no sense.

Highly relevant to this thread; Katie is the best.

I like the concept of Griffin Riders in general, but I feel the idea was executed terribly in Awakening. I wouldn't mind them coming back if they started out as a first tier class and FE got rid of the whole mount-swapping thing when promoting because it makes no sense.

Well it isn't the first time it's happened (Original Pegasus Knights promoted into Wyvern Knights), but I agree.

Another "don't care" here. It's all been said already, but I don't care for the same reasons. They weren't a crucial class, they didn't feel like they belonged in the game anyway. Sure I wouldn't mind the extra class, but give em a bit of a story. Make them wield swords, would make the most sense. Wyvern riders primary is axes, Pegasus riders have lances, so why not Gryphons with swords?

Adds the most balance this way, and makes the most sense.

At first I was pretty "meh" about Griffon Riders but the Azz01's suggestion of them rounding out the weapon triangle is making me reconsider. I'm a big fan of balance and stuff so it sounds like it could work out that way.

It would make sense if they have a 3rd faction being the equivalent of Vikings.

Why not?

I mean we can have a scenario like Japan's Pegasus Knight, Rome's Wyvern Knight, and Viking's Griffin Knight?

I think that could be really cool.

Edited by Sethera

It would make sense if they have a 3rd faction being the equivalent of Vikings.

Why not?

I mean we can have a scenario like Japan's Pegasus Knight, Rome's Wyvern Knight, and Viking's Griffin Knight?

Yes to this but the real question is would they have horned helmets?

Also does the graphic engine support viking beards cause im pretty sure awakening had none, not sure if that was graphics or cultral.

Yes, for variety. Gryphon Riders are more or less a more evened-out Wyvern Lord, which I enjoyed. I generally classed Gerome as a Gryphon Rider (just could not take the low Skill and Speed caps). I generally focus a lot on Skill and Speed...

But at the end of the day, I suppose that Pegasus Knights and their promotions are more suited to my taste, though their Defense and Strength are a little lacking.

Either give them their own tree or ditch them altogether. I personally think we should have something equivalent to Dark Fliers, like a Wyvern mounted unit that uses Dark Magic and Axes, since Dark Flier gets Galeforce as it's gimick. I still made Cherche a Gryphon Rider to pass down Deliverer to Gerome anyways.

Ironically no gryphons ever appeared in harry potter,only the hippogriffs,who are similar creatures,but still different.

Even more ironically* is that apparently Pegasus do (they call just winged horse rather than pegasus though)

*I really don't care if I'm using ironic right, the definition of ironic is so obtuse it's hard to tell if it's ever being use right

I figured Gryphon Riders could become their own class and Wyvern Lords could return to their roots as third-tier Pegasus Knight/Cavaliers

Edited by Lord_Seliph

Why do so many people here seem to dislike Gryphon Riders? I thought they were a very unique and interesting class... although it definitely would have been better if they had been their own, separate class instead of watering down the Wyvern Riders' promotion tree.