Chrom!Morgan help?

Morgan

So I'm replaying my main file more optimally and I'm about to go he recruit Morgan. I'm going on pass on Galeforce from my Avatar (+Speed, -Luck) and Chrom is passing on Rightful King. I know I want my Morgan to be a Grandmaster as his final class but I'm stuck on what his main set should be when I face Apotheosis

On one hand I was thinking a Vantage Vengeance set with Tomefaire/Swordfaire, but then I didn't know if I should use Ignis instead since he'lol be mixed. I need some opinions on a good set to run. For the most part is is what I know I'll have

-Limit Breaker

-Galeforce

-Skill

-Skill

-Skill

Ive beats the game many times before but this is the first fule I'm planning to face Apotheosis on so I need all the help I can get :)

With Grandmaster you can do some funky proc stacking with Astra/Ignis or something. Since Res is usually lower you can take tomefaire.

LB

Geylfurse

Luna

Ignis

Tomefaire

Cookie cutter general purpose build.

With Grandmaster you can do some funky proc stacking with Astra/Ignis or something. Since Res is usually lower you can take tomefaire.

LB

Geylfurse

Luna

Ignis

Tomefaire

Alternatively replace Tomefaire with AS+2 to compensate for GM's kinda meh stats and also make it so you get an attack boost when using either tomes OR swords.

LB

Geylfurse

Luna

Ignis

Tomefaire

I'm not sure I'd agree with having Luna and Ignis all at once. Taking only one would be better at least in my opinion. Since at least from my experience they work similarly in Apo.

I'm not sure I'd agree with having Luna and Ignis all at once. Taking only one would be better at least in my opinion. Since at least from my experience they work similarly in Apo.

That's the point, using both gives them an insanely high success rate. Although since Luna acts before Ignis, Replacing Luna with Astra might do more damage to most enemies while still having a reasonably high proc rate, since Luna generally don't do as much damage as Ignis when you're a grandmaster.

Edited by Alastor15243

That's the point, using both gives them an insanely high success rate. Although since Luna acts before Ignis, Replacing Luna with Astra might do more damage to most enemies while still having a reasonably high proc rate.

Ah, I see. Never thought of that. It actually sounds like a viable strategy now that you explained it to me.

Ah, I see. Never thought of that. It actually sounds like a viable strategy now that you explained it to me.

Viable? It's like the best thing ever. Your 80 Skl has now given you a 96% proc rate.

However, it's not enough to justify not running Agg. You'll definitely want that over something else- probably either Luna or Tomefaire. Depending on Morgan's pairup, Ignis will likely provide a much larger boost than Luna, meaning he'd rather use it alone- but using a Faire will also pretty much lock you to that weapon type.

Viable? It's like the best thing ever. Your 80 Skl has now given you a 96% proc rate.

However, it's not enough to justify not running Agg. You'll definitely want that over something else- probably either Luna or Tomefaire. Depending on Morgan's pairup, Ignis will likely provide a much larger boost than Luna, meaning he'd rather use it alone- but using a Faire will also pretty much lock you to that weapon type.

He could go LB/GF/Ignis/Agg/AS+2.

So how does this sound then?

Chrom!Morgan

Grandmaster

-Limit Breaker

-Galeforce

-Aggressor

-Ignis

-Astra

(Sadly I don't have All stats +2. I'm working my way into getting all the DLC packs but I have Dread fighter and bride access :))

So how does this sound then?

Chrom!Morgan

Grandmaster

-Limit Breaker

-Galeforce

-Aggressor

-Ignis

-Astra

(Sadly I don't have All stats +2. I'm working my way into getting all the DLC packs but I have Dread fighter and bride access :))

Just wondering, why Chrom!Morgan? There are Morgans with WAY more badass stats, and as you can see you don't really even get to make use of Rightful King. You just a fan of ChromxFeMU?

Just wondering, why Chrom!Morgan? There are Morgans with WAY more badass stats, and as you can see you don't really even get to make use of Rightful King. You just a fan of ChromxFeMU?

By doing so, she will make a great mother for Lucina. And maybe she wants to have two kids and if so then Chrom is the only way for FeMU to get two kids as far as I'm aware.

In my first ever play through I was one of the suckers who got into forced marriage by Chrom at chapter 11. I didn't know it would happen but I ended up liking the pairing and having two kids. I know it's not optimal nor is it the best use of the potential Morgan has but that's why it's my main fun file. Its the file I have my pairings I like in it and only now am I trying to make the kids as best as they can be while also using the parents no matter how bad they may be (like the Virion!Kjelle I have who I'm still trying to figure out as well. Thinking of making her an Assassin)

Edited by Morgan

By doing so, she will make a great mother for Lucina. And maybe she wants to have two kids and if so then Chrom is the only way for FeMU to get two kids as far as I'm aware.

Those aren't good reasons. Lucina and Morgan both have all the skills they need without Chrom x Avatar, but doing that pairing doesn't give Lucina much better mods than she could expect from Sumia while giving Morgan much worse. Two children for Avatar is also a bad thing when using a full team because it means one of the children won't have an S support.

Its the file I have my pairings I like in it and only now am I trying to make the kids as best as they can be

But this is a perfect reason. Apo presents no challenge whatsoever to an "optimal" team, and you've got quite a bit of leeway with how you build your team. What better way to spend it than to use pairings and classes that you like?

As for Virion!Kjelle, she's going to want to be paired with a Galeboy for best results. While her mods are well suited to being a Sniper (a good set would be LB/BF/Luna/Astra/Deliverer), keep in mind that she also has Sage and equal mods for Str and Mag, so she can go magical just as well. Unfortunately she lacks any +Spd Tome-using classes to be in, but that doesn't hurt too much.

If she goes physical, she'd prefer to be paired with Inigo or Morgan. If she goes magical, she can take all four happily (depending on Inigo's father). If you have Bride, it's also a good option for her that works with any of her potential husbands, allowing her to attack physically using Bowfaire but providing a useful +Mag/Spd pairup bonus.

Two children for Avatar is also a bad thing when using a full team because it means one of the children won't have an S support.

Aye, because it's impossible for two siblings to marry each other (And frankly, it would be messed up if such a thing is possible.)