The Value of Philosophy

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

• Philosophy can assist us in finding a stronger society for our daily lives, it can help us to find new ways to live through our lives and make them better to live through.

• The branches of philosophy can help us to find out about our lives, we can look at our lives in a different light so that we can start to better ourselves.

• We can ask new questions to look at the world in a new light; we can begin to advance in technology and other forms of human life. These advances can help us to find our ways through the world and we can begin to answer questions that we currently cannot answer.

• Philosophy can start to make us think about other things through our lives, we begin to look beyond common sense and we start to get to answers faster than we ever though possible, this helps us to better ourselves in new ways so that we can start to answer new questions in a faster way.

• We can start to explore new areas of the mind that can help us to ask new questions and find new answers to some of life’s questions.

• Philosophy starts to help us categorize the world into different areas of thought, we can begin to work on new areas of thought with these new thinking patterns.

The major point that Bertrand Russell is trying to make is that Bertrand Russell is a very hardcore Philosopher and he feels strongly about how philosophy relates to people and our everyday life. Bertrand Russell is a strong believer in Philosophy and casting his doubts upon everyday questions and actions. Bertrand Russell stumble the problem of the value of philosophy and why it should be studied. He claims that Philosophy does have value for students of Philosophy and for their everyday life. He argues that philosophy is not knowledge or facts one needs to memorize or learn, but rather is the process of attempting to answer questions using methods and thoughts rarely used otherwise.

One of the arguments against philosophy is that it provides no definite answers. Opponents state it can give hypothetical answers, but none that can be proven. This is from a scientific point of view. The first reply to this argument is that it has answered questions. Philosophy can start to make us over think through our thoughts so that it would take us much longer to make an educated decision on how to live through our daily lives. Philosophy can be inconsistent and make jump to right or wrong thought and we will not be able to get proper answers, we would begin to argue our own thought. We are able to be more diplomatic as we can look at all sides of a case. Besides being a student of philosophy.

Should we believe in philosophy?

I majored in Philosophy last year.

Pretty much everything in life can be traced back to Philosophy.

Radiant Dawn was a philisophical game.

It's all about ideas and the study of wisdom.

In order to be a good Philosopher, you have to be a good anylist, and a good thinker.

I enjoyed it. But I relate the most to Existentionalism.

• Philosophy can assist us in finding a stronger society for our daily lives, it can help us to find new ways to live through our lives and make them better to live through.

• The branches of philosophy can help us to find out about our lives, we can look at our lives in a different light so that we can start to better ourselves.

• We can ask new questions to look at the world in a new light; we can begin to advance in technology and other forms of human life. These advances can help us to find our ways through the world and we can begin to answer questions that we currently cannot answer.

• Philosophy can start to make us think about other things through our lives, we begin to look beyond common sense and we start to get to answers faster than we ever though possible, this helps us to better ourselves in new ways so that we can start to answer new questions in a faster way.

• We can start to explore new areas of the mind that can help us to ask new questions and find new answers to some of life’s questions.

• Philosophy starts to help us categorize the world into different areas of thought, we can begin to work on new areas of thought with these new thinking patterns.

The major point that Bertrand Russell is trying to make is that Bertrand Russell is a very hardcore Philosopher and he feels strongly about how philosophy relates to people and our everyday life. Bertrand Russell is a strong believer in Philosophy and casting his doubts upon everyday questions and actions. Bertrand Russell stumble the problem of the value of philosophy and why it should be studied. He claims that Philosophy does have value for students of Philosophy and for their everyday life. He argues that philosophy is not knowledge or facts one needs to memorize or learn, but rather is the process of attempting to answer questions using methods and thoughts rarely used otherwise.

One of the arguments against philosophy is that it provides no definite answers. Opponents state it can give hypothetical answers, but none that can be proven. This is from a scientific point of view. The first reply to this argument is that it has answered questions. Philosophy can start to make us over think through our thoughts so that it would take us much longer to make an educated decision on how to live through our daily lives. Philosophy can be inconsistent and make jump to right or wrong thought and we will not be able to get proper answers, we would begin to argue our own thought. We are able to be more diplomatic as we can look at all sides of a case. Besides being a student of philosophy.

Should we believe in philosophy?

all thanx to a man named Socrates

I think it's impossible not to study. It's part of the human condition. Morality is just a division of philosophy and we deal with that every day. Religion, politics, all that stuff can be traced back to philosophy.

(although I think philosophy came from religon)

philosophy is important, but alot of hard core philosophers (especially modern) end up losing thier mind after a while (know too many cases to argue otherwise)

Edited by Mr. Canas Bertram Rolo

(although I think philosophy came from religon)

philosophy is important, but alot of hard core philosophers (especially modern) end up losing thier mind after a while (know too many cases to argue otherwise)

Such as?

I am not trying to trivial or rude, philosophy is a subject in which I have very limited experience.

Edited by Wist

Fredrick Nietzsche lost his mind. He was always crazy, but for the last ten years of his life he was pretty much a vegitable.

Lol. God punished him for saying he was dead.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

If anyone has read plato's republic then you will kinda understand

I strongly believe that if those idea's were all adopted then a damn near perfect gov will be created. Well Alexander the great almost adopted all those virtues but then what is a perfect gov and does it exist. If not assassinated could he have ruled the world with his genius mind and philosophical virtues? Who knows. Well my point is that yes philosophy is a big part of all our lives and the importance of it is so big I think our schools should encourage it instead of stupid required credits imo at least

If anyone has read plato's republic then you will kinda understand

I strongly believe that if those idea's were all adopted then a damn near perfect gov will be created. Well Alexander the great almost adopted all those virtues but then what is a perfect gov and does it exist. If not assassinated could he have ruled the world with his genius mind and philosophical virtues? Who knows. Well my point is that yes philosophy is a big part of all our lives and the importance of it is so big I think our schools should encourage it instead of stupid required credits imo at least

Alexander the Great died after drinking and partying for a week, lol. He was not in any way an ideal ruler.

Alexander the Great died after drinking and partying for a week, lol. He was not in any way an ideal ruler.
The idea that drinking at his final banquet influenced Alexander the Great's death is one of many hypotheses; the same is true for the idea that he may have been assassinated. It is very possible that he died of malaria or some other disease entirely unrelated to his drinking habits and any potential assassination attempts. Even if intoxication was the catalyst of his rapid degeneration, it does not dispel evidence of Alexander the Great's strategic and political prowess. His use of execution as a means of maintaining order is much more controversial in regard to his perceived virtues than is his choice to participate wholly in a banquet. Edited by Wist

The idea that drinking at his final banquet influenced Alexander the Great's death is one of many hypotheses; the same is true for the idea that he may have been assassinated. It is very possible that he died of malaria or some other disease entirely unrelated to his drinking habits and any potential assassination attempts. Even if intoxication was the catalyst of his rapid degeneration, it does not dispel evidence of Alexander the Great's strategic and political prowess. His use of execution as a means of maintaining order is much more controversial in regard to his perceived virtues than is his choice to participate wholly in a banquet.

^ This

Thank you Wist