The brand of Naga

The Brand can appear at any time in an individual's lifespan if they are of a bloodline that made a blood pact with a particular Dragon. That was established since FE4 iirc. Just as easily explains why Lissa does not have the Mark of Naga. It would probably surface in old age. It's not unheard of lore-wise.

In regards to the Falchion requiring the Brand of Naga in-order to be utilized. Anri's lineage, his bloodline, are "permitted by Naga" to wield Falchion in it's full capacity. Since the First Exalt, and Chrom's kin, are all distant descendants of Marth/Anri. It can be presumed that the bloodline itself is what is required to wield Falchion in it's full potential. The First Exalt blood-bonded with Naga in-order to perform the Rite of Awakening (this way the First Exalt could acquire the necessary power to defeat Grima since the Falchion alone was not strong enough). That's what the blood-pact was for as far as I remember.

Edited by Kye

To my knowledge Marth had no such special markings, nor is he even directly descended from Anri (only Anri's brother).

Oh yeah, that's right. It was Anri's brother Marcelus. Gods, it's been so long since I last played Shadow Dragon/New Mystery. Regardless, Marth, and by relation Chrom, are still descendants of Anri. Indirect descendants as it were. Though they are still of the same bloodline.

I also never said Marth, or Anri had "special markings". The Brands only appear if an individual forges a blood-pact with a Dragon in-order to borrow a portion of their power (these individuals can also become vessels for said Dragon). The Brand is a mark of that pact.

Regardless, I'm still going with the bloodline concept. Honestly, there's a ton of plot holes between games throughout the Archaenea series (including the Jugdral, and Valentia sagas). Either the developers create the FE version of the Hyrule Historia to hammer out some details. Or we have to go on what we know from past games. Kinda wish they retconned some stuff with Awakening's release. Then again, I wish Awakening had less plot holes. Period.

Edited by Kye

• 2 weeks later...

I think I read somewhere that Inigo was supposed to be Chrom's son. Which is why he is mentioned to have the brand, and his father always feels the need to compare him to Lucina.

Inb4 shipping wars startNo, this doesn't mean that Sully, Sumia or Maribelle can't be your headcanon or whatever. Just that Inigo regardless of his "original" mother, was supposed to be Chrom's son.

I remember reading another thread here that 100% proved this. I'm gonna go look for it.

That didn't take long:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42613&page=1

See. All the proof you need. dying

Edited by Val'air

Why cant Lissa have her brand on an inside organ like her heart?

Maybe she does and no one has cut her open to check yet.

Another possibility is that she has her brand in an area she can't "check" herself though. We'd have to ask her husband...or Owain if he remembers seeing it on his way out.

What if it's on her head under her hair?

Also plausible...it could have surfaced in the back of her head, and everyone was so focused on her ugly hat they didn't notice the brand.

I like to think it is on her back (Or anywhere she can't see it but everyone else can) and everyone just doesn't tell her as a cruel joke.

This should be canon.