A or B route?

Splodge

I am of course talking about FE6 here, and you talk about either of the A/B routes, but the one I'm more interested in are Chapters 17-20x. The reason I say this is because every time I try to talk about chapters 10-11, it just turns into a very heated, passionate and angry fight about A or B Gonzalez, so let's try to avoid that.

I personally really enjoy both routes, and it's always difficult to make that decision when I play the game, but I think I prefer A route more. I much prefer Juno over Dayan, because you gotta get that Triangle Attack bro. The deal-breaker here though, is chapter 18B, because I don't really like it. That's probably a bit too tame, but I'm just holding back some painful memories. Nobody likes reinforcements, that's a given, and this chapter is the worst offender of that. 12 turns have reinforcements, often right after one another, and often spawning out of RANDOM tents. You can't even prepare for that shit, especially when the total number of enemy reinforcements is 39! How are you supposed to manage that with only 15 units?

*ahem* With that out of way, I also prefer the idea of liberating a country instead of having a pleasant visit to another. Though that's a minor persuader in the long run. That's me though, what about you?

Edited by Splodge

I kinda like Dayan route for the second split since its somewhat less annoying?

As for he first(the Lalum vs Elphin route), I admit I prefered Bartre because i like him, and level 10 Gonzalez is really damn good. Except the route itself have some more annoying chapters.

As for he first(the Lalum vs Elphin route), I admit I prefered Bartre because i like him, and level 10 Gonzalez is really damn good. Except the route itself have some more annoying chapters.

Funnily enough, my opinions on the B route are almost the exact opposite. I prefer having low level Gonzalez, and think that the chapters are somewhat less annoying because of the extra items. I guess that Energy Ring is just really important to me. Though I can't deny the amazement that is Bartre. Dude's got a Brave Axe on recruitment.

I managed to miscalculate on a run and got my behind to Sacae rather than Ilia, so I'd be able to give you an opinion about both if that didn't happen. If you're gonna use a lot of fliers, stay away from Sacae. You do have Wta against the Myrms, but, to quote a few people from Sf Chat, that place is arrowey hell. Maybe they're just calling it hell because of the fire effect but w/e. Of course, I haven't played vanilla FE6 yet... I like James's rebalance patch a lot, I played that thing 3 times over in a week. Anyway, I'd prefer giving arrowey death than getting it.

Funnily enough, my opinions on the B route are almost the exact opposite. I prefer having low level Gonzalez, and think that the chapters are somewhat less annoying because of the extra items. I guess that Energy Ring is just really important to me. Though I can't deny the amazement that is Bartre. Dude's got a Brave Axe on recruitment.

Well its been a while since I played FE6. I recalled that Echidna chapter is much less annoying than one of the chapter in Bartre route

I prefer level 10 Gonzo only because you can promote him right away giving the skl bonus. I remembered doing this when I first done HM and it goes fine I guess(but then again Marcus would have owned everything on that PT anyway)