Who could Ike's wife be?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what I meant is that Ragnell is a two-handed sword and those things aren't exactly meant for fighting on horseback. While the gameplay mechanics say she can, I think this is a viable example of where gameplay and story segregation is valid. Conversely, unless I'm remembering wrong, there is no lore-reason why only Ike can use Ragnell, it's just that it's HIS sword in-game. Sort of like how Amiti is Elincia only despite no lore-based reason why Vika couldn't hold it and take a few swings with it. I doubt Vika could reliably hit anything with it and would certainly not be good with it, but I'm sure she could hold it and not suddenly impale herself or forget where the pointy end goes just because it's Elincia-only and Vika can't use swords.

Amiti is locked to Elincia. You can't take it out of her inventory.

I know that. I'm saying that this is an instance of story and gameplay segregation. There is no physical reason why another character couldn't use it, it's just a gameplay mechanic that stops it. Likewise, while Elincia can use Alondite in-game, in reality it would be a stupid idea for someone fighting from horseback for various reasons.

No, it's not. If Renning is able to use it, he's able to use it. Why would it be locked to Elincia's party if the game is coded to allow him to use it too? That's would just be entirely redundant.

Playable characters who are capable of wielding the sword include Elincia, the princess of the deceased King Ramon and subsequent queen of the country, and Renning, Elincia's uncle. To this end, however, throughout the course of Radiant Dawn, it is impossible for Renning to equip Amiti, as it is firmly locked within Elincia's inventory.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Amiti

The end of that info must be incorrect. I say again, if Renning is capable of wielding it, why lock it to Elincia's inventory? It would be pointless.

Edited by Anacybele

I know that. I'm saying that this is an instance of story and gameplay segregation. There is no physical reason why another character couldn't use it, it's just a gameplay mechanic that stops it. Likewise, while Elincia can use Alondite in-game, in reality it would be a stupid idea for someone fighting from horseback for various reasons.

Cue Mani Katti dialogue from FE7 Chapter 2 lol.

1311763417814.jpg

the best assumable reason for ephs prf weapon/rapiers in general, is that they require special training to wield that is usually only available to lords, but this is making an assumption at best. in game of path of radiance/radiant dawn aldonite and ragnell can technically be used by any old tom dick or harry, but ragnell is most likely locked to ike for gameplay reasons, though really who would let go of a powerful weapon like the ragnell. as for the one in 13 i would sya the ragnell there is actually a bullshit one, or a hell of a lot of time has passed and ragnell has lost its blessing (for whatever reason) or just gotten old enough to wear down any ways (given how ragnell is covered in cracks and now has finite uses ill go with it being stupidly old)

Good god I hope the third option doesn't happen that is just depressing as hell even for IS.

You must realize that this is IS, where "Meteors fall, (Almost) everybody dies" was a thing. Also Tiltyu and Hilda. >.>