Who could Ike's wife be?

Several of my ships are on this list, actually. It is saddening!

Ike x Elincia

Boyd x Mia

Kieran x Marcia

Aran x Laura

Oscar x Tanith (I know this one is like next to impossible anyway for fairly obvious reasons, but yeah)

Rolf x Mist

Zihark x Ilyana

Rhys x Titania

Yeah...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of my ships are on this list, actually. It is saddening!

Ike x Elincia

Boyd x Mia

Kieran x Marcia

Aran x Laura

Oscar x Tanith (I know this one is like next to impossible anyway for fairly obvious reasons, but yeah)

Rolf x Mist

Zihark x Ilyana

Rhys x Titania

Yeah...

Boyd X Mia? Hm. I guess that would have been cool, even though I mostly ship her with Ike. I would liked to see Rolf and Mist happen, too.

I always felt that Boyd x Mia would've had way more chemistry than Ike x Mia. Boyd and Mia are both kind of obsessed with training and being the best at their jobs. I don't get why they don't have a support where they're sparring or talking about battle styles or something. To me, Ike x Mia was pretty much nothing but "Boss, fight me again! I wanna finally beat you!" "Oh, okay. Sure." Ike just didn't ever seem very enthusiastic about Mia's fawning over his skills. I saw nothing really going on except for a girl loving a guy's swordplay. Mia's even the same way with Rhys lol. She's all "You're my white-dressed rival! Spar with me!" :P

On a semi-related topic, I wrote up a hypothetical Ike x Elincia A support for that list. lol Just for fun. Tried my best to keep them both in character.

Ike: Elincia...

Elincia: Oh, hello, Ike. You look rather flustered. Are you well? You're not feeling ill, are you?!

Ike: No, I'm not sick or anything. I just need to get something off of my chest. Something important.

Elincia: Oh? Whatever do you mean?

Ike: I've been thinking a lot, throughout this whole war. Remembering when we first met and how we became friends through your employment of my mercenaries. I've just been holding something back, something I should have told you a long time ago.

Elincia: Ike... You don't owe anything to me anymore. In fact, I still feel that it is I who still owes you for everything you've done for me.

Ike: No, this is different. For a long while, even before this whole war started, perhaps even before I left your court, I've had strange feelings bothering me. In my head, in my chest, and in my stomach, believe it or not.

Elincia: ...Ike, is this about digestion problems from your appetite? Are you asking me to heal them?

Ike: What?! N-No, no! Argh, this is coming out all wrong... I can't even think straight now!

Elincia: Ah, no, I apologize. Do go on, I'm sure you mean well.

Ike: Well, alright... These feelings, I honestly didn't have any idea what they were. My heart would race when I'm around you. I would feel...warm inside. I would find it hard not to think about you whenever you came to mind.

Elincia: Oh, Ike...

Ike: I-I talked to Titania about it. She's older and has experienced more in life, so I thought she would know the answer. She told me it sounded like how she felt around my father way back when. And that she held affections for him even though he was already married to my mother. ...Elincia...it turns out that I...I'm in love with you. There! I said it! I finally said it! I-I'm sorry. I probably sound like a fool now. I'm so terrible at this...

Elincia: Ike... Oh, Ike! *dashes into his arms*

Ike: Huh?!

Elincia: Ike! I've waited so long...to hear you say those words!

Ike: Wh-What? I-I don't get it.

Elincia: Ike, I love you too... And I always thought that you...never saw me as anything more than your employer and a good friend. You never acted as though you held affections for anyone and you even tried to keep your distance from me after awhile.

Ike: Oh... I am so sorry. I never meant to make you feel that way. I just had no idea how to handle these feelings and I didn't want them to get in the way of the war effort. But honestly, I find that you're the one person I cherish the most in this world. I would give up my sword if it meant you would find happiness.

Elincia: Ike, I would never make you do that... But you treated me as a person and stood by me whatever the cost. You stayed with me and fought until Ashnard lost and I could claim the throne. You showed me a life I could only have ever dreamed of prior to meeting you. I've learned many new things, about the world and myself. Ike, just before my coronation, I said I was very blessed to have met you. I still mean that today. And I was very sad to see you leave my court...

Ike: I... Wow. I really don't know what to say now. One reason I left the court was so I wouldn't have to face those feelings... Yet they kept coming back anyway. I just didn't want to cause any trouble, since the nobles and I have been at odds with one another. And...that lifestyle just wasn't for me. I'm truly sorry...

Elincia: I know, Ike. I understood then, and I still do now... It's just... I missed you so much...

Ike: Don't worry. *smiles* You won't have to anymore.

Elincia: W-What?! You mean you would like to come back? But Ike, you hated it! You detested that life!

Ike: True. But I think that if I have you by my side and I can still do some mercenary work with the others once in awhile...I can deal with it. I've faced worse things before.

Elincia: Oh... Ike! Sniff... Thank you...

Feel free to write your own fan A supports from that list too. :) This might need to become a separate topic...lol

Edited by Anacybele

Boyd x Mist actually kinda grew on me over time even though it seemed odd at first. Kinda like the two kids who hate each other the most and poke the most fun at each other end up together and actually care for each other more than anything else in the world.

As for Ike x Mia I just think they have chemistry together and been with each other almost as long as Elincia came into the picture plus shes a commoner just like him always liking him for his skills but giving an opportunity for them to get closer to one another. Plus shes the only one I can kinda see chasing after Ike and I have a thing for the whole power couple idea.

@Ana thats actually not half bad. I could see something like that being in as a support if IS ever did it.

Heh, thanks, Taco. ^^ Yeah, that's the Ike x Elincia scenario I think would've been the most likely to occur if they were able to marry, which is why I wrote it that way.

Boyd x Mist has grown on me a bit too, even though I still prefer Rolf x Mist. I mean, I snicker now at the scenario of Mist crying at the wedding vows...lol.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, and I didn't even mention how passionate Ike is about Elincia. Sanaki acknowledges how beautiful it is.

I haven't played FE9 in English in forever. That's adorable, lulz.

Yeah I don't hate Boyd x Mist as much as I used to, but I'll always prefer Rolf x Mist.

I think if the Tellius games were to ever get WWHD-style releases, IS should try to add some of that stuff in there, since Awakening had the whole marriage system and was extremely successful with it.

I agree. Not only could it make more fans happy with the game's endings, but it could also make Priam make more sense and add to the replay value. Like, a lot to the replay value.

Boyd x Mist actually kinda grew on me over time even though it seemed odd at first. Kinda like the two kids who hate each other the most and poke the most fun at each other end up together and actually care for each other more than anything else in the world.

As for Ike x Mia I just think they have chemistry together and been with each other almost as long as Elincia came into the picture plus shes a commoner just like him always liking him for his skills but giving an opportunity for them to get closer to one another. Plus shes the only one I can kinda see chasing after Ike and I have a thing for the whole power couple idea.

Yeah I give Mia the Alondite and A support with Ike, and they destroy everything in sight; it's beautiful.

I kind of like Haar Jill for similar reasons, but then it's hard to ignore the fact that Haar is older than Jill to the extent that he knew Shiharam when they were still in Begnion, while Jill grew up in Daein.

I kind of like Haar Jill for similar reasons, but then it's hard to ignore the fact that Haar is older than Jill to the extent that he knew Shiharam when they were still in Begnion, while Jill grew up in Daein.

I like Haar x Jill as well, but the age gap DOES make it pretty weird too. It's just that this is also the only pair I feel is reasonable for either one of them, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Is it really important that Ike's pair is someone relevant anyway? Because, in the Assassin's Creed series, Ezio was a bit of a womanizer, and they only introduced his canon wife really late in his story, even then just to ensure Desmond's existence. Also, it's known he also impregnated a random woman during his travels, which led to Subject 16's birth. I really wanted him to be with Cristina, since their memories were so moving, but they killed her off in Brotherhood (and, well, he couldn't have children with real historical figures, could he?).

So it isn't necessary for Ike to impregnate a known character. Elincia is actually the least likely, because I'm sure Priam would mention her if it was the case, important as she is. Plus it's extremely OOC for a queen, any queen, to abandon her people for a man.

I gave Mist Alondite on my first playthrough.

...She wasn't great but hey!

And I always forget Haar and Jill are so far apart. So odd.

I might write a Micaiah x Kurthnaga A if I get enough demand for it. Though we should probably make a thread for fan A supports, as has been said

Though I'm not sure if it would be written works or Radiant Dawn

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I might've liked the idea of Soren x Micaiah if they could've had more interaction. Micaiah cares about Daein, Soren's actually the true heir over there... Both are Branded, so neither of them would risk having to watch their loved one die while they still have a much longer life, etc. Soren as a king would be kinda badass too, I think. :P

I actually saw a short fic once where Soren had feelings for Micaiah, but Micaiah's affection went to Zelgius/Black Knight. No mention of Sothe. lol

And that thread would probably go in the RD section since it's a group thing and not someone's individual writing thread.

Edited by Anacybele