• Replies 27.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sidereal Wraith

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

Banned because I was genuinely surprised to find how fast Path of Radiance felt to me. I had to laugh because I had criticized the game for feeling too slow before, but I don't seem to mind it anymore.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because I really like Path of Radiance, even if the enemy phase takes a while.
Just don't play it on Maniac mode.

Banned because, as it is, it matches and, by the time I actually finish the game, might eventually surpass Blazing Sword as my favorite FE. I can't say this about many stories, games, etc., but there isn't a single character that I dislike in PoR. I love the world and characters of Tellius so much that the somewhat slower gameplay doesn't really matter when I'm enjoy everything else.

Banned because literally everything is fast compared to FE4's pacing.

Now play FE6 so you can see how great it is

Just wondering, why do you dislike SoV? Never played anything post-FE10 and I want to hear your take on it.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Now play FE6 so you can see how great it is

Just wondering, why do you dislike SoV? Never played anything post-FE10 and I want to hear your take on it.

Banned because I did play FE6 up to chapter 15, but the wonky hit rates, high amount of ambush spawns, and high amount of weak units made it not very fun to play for me. I may finish it at some point though. It was definitely a challenge to go back to FE6 after playing through FE7 since it was an overall refinement of what FE6 established.

SoV is a game that has an incredible presentation with not a lot of good, substantive gameplay to back it up. The story, characters, voice acting, and music are all excellent, but Gaiden's map design and overall gameplay were carried over, making for a lot of boring, open field maps with not much variety between them. I also felt the dungeon crawling to be very out-of-place in a FE as it didn't do much beyond serve as a means of grinding. Oh, and witches. Witches are hecking unfair. The game overall just didn't click with me and I found myself bored without the motivation to continue.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because I did play FE6 up to chapter 15, but the wonky hit rates, high amount of ambush spawns, and high amount of weak units made it not very fun to play for me. I may finish it at some point though. It was definitely a challenge to go back to FE6 after playing through FE7 since it was an overall refinement of what FE6 established.

Just wondering, were you playing HM or Normal mode? Hard mode can be super tough. And those are definitely reasons to dislike the game.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

SoV is a game that has an incredible presentation with not a lot of good, substantive gameplay to back it up. The story, characters, voice acting, and music are all excellent, but Gaiden's map design and overall gameplay were carried over, making for a lot of boring, open field maps with not much variety between them. I also felt the dungeon crawling to be very out-of-place in a FE as it didn't do much beyond serve as a means of grinding. Oh, and witches. Witches are hecking unfair. The game overall just didn't click with me and I found myself bored without the motivation to continue.

Ah. Map design more boring than FE4? Oh joy.

Banned for killing Noish for a valid reason.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just wondering, were you playing HM or Normal mode? Hard mode can be super tough. And those are definitely reasons to dislike the game.

Yeah, I was playing normal mode. One time, I got hit with a hand axe with an 18% hit rate. But missed using an iron lance at 74% hit rate. Wth?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Banned for thinking normal mode makes FE6 any better 😛 

The only aspects that elevate FE6 above FE4 in my mind are the GBA engine, smaller maps, and that it's the chronological sequel to FE7.