TheMoniker plays all of Markyjoe's crap(ALIVE ONCE MORE)

TheMoniker

I always thought Corruption of Roy was supposed to be the new, mature level of Markyjoe hacking. I guess some things just never change.

It was a ragefest submission. If you're looking for serious writing then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Seriously all your posts are just you just trying to get one off on his writing for the whole thread. Idk what/why you're trying to shit on the dude but literally every hack marky made he didn't intend to have serious writing. You of all people should understand this, this is the same level of writing as cm anyway.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a ragefest submission. If you're looking for serious writing then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Seriously all your posts are just you just trying to get one off on his writing for the whole thread. Idk what/why you're trying to shit on the dude but literally every hack marky made he didn't intend to have serious writing. You of all people should understand this, this is the same level of writing as cm anyway.

Mhm, and there's your snark lol. The big difference being that as Marc puts progressively more and more effort into his hacks, the level of writing stays the same, even getting worse over time. Any project I put a large amount of effort into, I also aim to increase the quality of the writing, along with anything else. Also, I don't rely on rape jokes in my projects, you rape-joke apologist. (See, I can strawman too.)

The big difference being that as Marc puts progressively more and more effort into his hacks, the level of writing stays the same, even getting worse over time. Any project I put a large amount of effort into, I also aim to increase the quality of the writing, along with anything else.

Oh of course, nothing shows pouring a large amount of effort into writing than recycled jokes about onichans or bitches or whatever.

Also, I don't rely on rape jokes in my projects, you rape-joke apologist. (See, I can strawman too.)

uh... right.

Oh of course, nothing shows pouring a large amount of effort into writing than recycled jokes about onichans or bitches or whatever.

when he says quality, he means making the base writing more entertaining and funny due to where the word edits are. Makes the story seem less serious.

See, your strawmen fall apart at every turn. I guess if you think find+replace is writing then editing excel documents makes someone a book author? It falls apart even more when you look at my project history. I don't have 5 projects filled with shit jokes. I have 1 with serious dialogue (Old FEPS demos) which, while written poorly given it was my first released project, was still serious writing. I then have Generic War, which being a joke ragefest project still had fairly competent writing given it was a hastily repurposed project that I kinda just slapped dialogue into. (Still didn't have sex/dick/vagina/rape jokes though! Just lots of puns.) Then I "wrote" (lol) "dialogue" (lololol) for CM, which was last minute find/replace edits. So yeah, you've demonstrated without a doubt that you don't know the definition of writing or jokes.

Oh, and as for why I keep snarking about Marc's awful dialogue, let me tell you why. After working my ass off to make a project for his ragefest, along with other people, he tore all those projects apart, especially in the dialogue and gameplay departments. He talked about how they all needed ridiculous levels of improvement and even insulted them over skype. At the point when I had received criticism from him, I took it somewhat hard, given the amount of time and effort I'd poured into Generic War. I hadn't played any of his hacks before, but I took him at his word, as some authority on the subject. Then I see Moniker playing all his old hacks and the facade/charade falls away. I doubt Chronicles of Lussaria is going to be any better, but since we're not there yet I won't hypothesize on it. What I do know is Corruption of Roy was released at the same time (Actually quite a bit afterwards) as the rest of the Ragefest projects, including my own. To see him tear me apart when his writing is so laughably bad and juvenile (I remind you that sex jokes usually bring to mind the likes of Gheb FE, a notorious project no self-respecting person in the fandom enjoyed.) is so...incredibly hypocritical.

I made one project with 'bad' writing. He has a 7+ year history of them, given that I've been in the fandom for as long as, and possibly even longer than him. To compare the two of us is pretty blind. However, if it makes you feel any better:

01c0a0a256887928aedbadcb4e6d4bb0.png

I called out my own hypocrisy on skype more than 20 minutes before your first hyper-edgy post about CM. I'm well aware of my failings, and I'm taking steps to rectify them. Get off my dick, please.

Edited by Klokinator

O_O|| ....oooook

yeah I remember playing corruption of roy (wasn't blind cause I saw mageknight LP it) and the first part was pretty fun. its the second part where you kind of feel its tedious and maybe a touch of guess work bullshit.

I go to sleep, and a flame war begins. OF COURSE.

@Klokinator: You don't NEED to have made good hacks, or any hacks at all, to be able to criticize bad gameplay, or compliment on good gameplay, or KNOW what either of those are. You ever heard the "Oh yeah? Why don't YOU make something better?" argument? That's basically what you're doing here. Now, while Marky may be a bit critical at times, you'll have to take that up with him(I'm not going to put words in his mouth as to why), and not use it as an excuse to be vengefully and unnecessarily critical back. Also, I think there's a big difference between GhebFE's brutal murder of all tastefulness and Marky's sex jokes. Not that I'm PARTICULARLY fond of either.

Anyways, I'm going to have to ask both you and Ghaststation to take this off-thread. I don't want it to be cluttered up with things not directly related to my LP!

Anyways, I'm going to have to ask both you and Ghaststation to take this off-thread. I don't want it to be cluttered up with things not directly related to my LP!

There's a reason I just stopped responding entirely lol. I made my point, I don't need to say more.

I just realized...apparently, EVERY game I've EVER played has had rape jokes, no exceptions! But, that means I've missed like 99% of them! HOW BLIND AM I?!!?! ;-;

Let's skip the intro and get straight to...

The Corruption of Roy: Part 3: Losing our grip on sanity

DwmzSbE.png

Let's LIGHT IT UP!

5hWxx5x.png

Okay, that must have been the thief who opened the chest.

PExbWUP.png

And that is...an ODDLY SPECIFIC number of lockpick uses!

ChIp1pH.png

Dodge!

VdazBb9.png

Oh great, now he's looting all the cool loot from the chests!

vVIhEIw.pngkMs1Czs.png

Units getting better...

cKvFJCy.png

I wonder who will use this?

tZVxjjD.png

LITERALLY BLOCKED WITH THE HAIR, OH MAN

As1UdzO.png

Stop stealing items! I might need those!

ztgJaaD.png

On the other hand...

xxcYa26.png

Let's see if I can't handle the mimic...

UTc7nt3.png

Shigeid: I dare ya to come face me!

nuqIF2g.pngzZZrKXw.png

Real nice job, Sophia! Warning me about the enemy phase reinforcements RIGHT AS THEY HAPPEN!

Anyways, these soldiers start spawning every EP after you open the door, and they come for pretty much forever. You can grind off them if you want to for whatever reason.

2KbO1E0.png

Anyways, Cath gets eaten by the chest.

5NNaFNi.png

We can't handle that thing with our party of three, so we have to slow down MORE to grab some new members!

BEKAvNI.png

Lilina VERY NEARLY gets a haircut.

hBK4MwE.png

STOP STEALING STUFF

CI7uWSC.png

Anyways, the general isn't that hard to deal with.

SyvhLN8.pngu58Q5mo.png

Speed level and a stave!

dbqpds6.png

WHAT!?

Of all the things we could need, this is probably the WORST thing the thief could have stolen!

(luckily, he can't leave the map, so we can get that back)

4arYBIQ.png

Recruition time!

paEI6y8.png

Wendy: Do you need help fighting off Pherae? Just get me a lance and I’ll be ready to make some heads roll.

Cath: Right, well, we’re freeing the Ostian prisoners. If you can do that, that would be helpful too.

Wendy: No problem. I’ll do the best I can.

5k5fS3N.pngaudFm1W.png

So...apparently, whoever's file of FE6 this is, they didn't give Sophia, Cath, or Lilina even one level...but they DID train Wendy?

Anyways, this lady is basically the crutch character/Oifey of this hack. Good defense, offense, and even some speed despite her armor-ness, give her that steel lance and she can pretty much survive forever against the enemy phase soldiers.

JxdfD5x.png

As for him...

lnExkji.pngx9D4286.png

Cedric: There’s this vicious mercenary called Shigeid waiting for you past the big door. He’s part of the famous Wolfen mercenaries! I hear he wields an axe that has a high chance of landing a lethal blow. If you have something that can negate the chances of landing a lethal blow, maybe you’ll be able to live long enough to get him on your side.

Wendy: How would I get him on our side?

Cedric: Beats me, but I’m sure there’s a way. If you have someone who is particularly persuasive, you might have a chance.

Wendy: I see.

Fki1XBx.pngO9e2Rsk.png

OH YES!

Cedric: If persuasion doesn’t work, you can try to overpower him at least.

Wendy: Thanks.

Bz6aOeb.png

His hint is kind of misleading, but THIS is definitely useful!

OQyI562.png

Last prisoner for now!

9hEkZN2.png

Lilina: Clarine!?

Clarine: You look familiar. Do I know you?

Lilina: Yes. We fought together in the Bern war.

Clarine: Oh? Ah yes! That’s right! You’re Lilina!

Lilina: Clarine… What are you doing in Pherae prison? Didn’t you go back to Etruria when the war ended?

Clarine: Yeah. But when things settled down, I became rather interested in traveling the world. Being in Etruria is just booooring.

Lilina: But what about your parents?

Clarine: I reasoned with them. Home is a wonderful place to be, but… After seeing the world during the war, I realized there was more to life than just sitting around being decorated like a doll. After a long discussion, they didn’t give me much of a fuss. Though, I was still enlisted some protection.

Lilina: That makes sense. I presume your travels lead you to Lycia?

Clarine: Mhmm. But when I arrived in Ostia, it was a mess! Injured people scattering the streets, and the sound of fighting could be heard. It was dangerous but I couldn’t leave all those injured people groveling like that! I went and healed some of them with my staff, but then me and my vassals were spotted by sentries. And that’s why I’m here.

Lilina: …

Clarine: Actually, that brings me to ask. What was going on?

Lilina: …Roy invaded Ostia.

LnvwNkf.png

Lilina: … … …

Clarine: That face… you are serious…

Lilina: … I wish it weren’t true.

Clarine: That’s…

Lilina: …I don’t want to talk about it.

Clarine: I’m sorry… Is… is there anything I can do to help? I can use staves if you have any.

Lilina: All I ask for is some help freeing the prisoners.

Clarine: Then that I shall do. Consider this repayment for rescuing me.

Lilina: Great! Thank you.

Clarine: To you as well.

So, have you guys been wondering why I haven't been commenting on the dialogue? It's because it's both very long and rather pointless. Really, it just doesn't feel worth it. Also, while there are LOTS of conversation variations, I think it's best for my sanity that we don't try to get all of them.

yfsivxA.png4VmhiPR.png

Give her the heal staff, and we FINALLY have an HP source other than toast-chomping! She will be very handy, if we can keep her alive.

HRGMCUK.png

Time for my brilliant strategy...

3hRjmGK.png

RESCUE CATH AWAY

5N8sfUz.png

Wendy can do the tanking!

HWTaOJd.pngP8Opfc9.png

She doubles and one-rounds these trash soldiers!

WMDjolH.png

This is when I realize I missed something when looking at the chest. Specifically, that it has TEN MOVEMENT.

ELJU4vz.png

Another death for the tally!

Fo6qozS.png

This time, I give WENDY the door key so no rescuing needs to be done! Why didn't I think of this earlier?

v0yK8ZU.png

A soldier slips through, but Cath dodged!

juqIaJf.png

Wendy soft-counters this guy. She takes away half of it's health in one hit, doesn't get doubled, and loses less than half her health in response!

U5SPxSC.png

Bad level. Lilina pretty much just sucks.

RNNurPq.png

DEAD!

QieLC17.png

This is when I start to get annoyed, because the game encourages you to go fast but these guys seem to be here to encourage slowing done. This was BEFORE I realized that they come forever.

oxDySk2.pngc2gemaY.png

You have to wonder, are they just grabbing civilians off the street and dressing them in red clothes, then putting them in here, in order to shove this many weaklings in our face all the time?

1Hxkrot.png

Totally a Jeigan.

Oi5CCDa.png

Oh, what?

Damas: I certainly hope there are no prisoners who have escaped their cells. If they are, Damas and his harem might have to liberate them from their heads! Grahahaha!!!

nYG4Nbh.pngXi34uD5.png

I'M WORKING ON IT, GAME.

XG9FbBe.png

*groan*

Okay, let's use a savestate and have Cath reveal them:

0hjvKSu.png

Yeah.

7gUHGFD.pnge8JcB1F.png

YEAH.

You're probably not going to beat him. Damas is the second, and probably final, "Hurry the **** up* call. If you aren't almost done with the chapter when he shows up, him and his mooks are going to catch up, and he WILL kill you, barring some sort of special cheatiness on your part.

GUESS WHO ISN'T ALMOST DONE WITH THE CHAPTER?

WVGuMl4.png2kBfk4B.png

Does it matter anymore?

JmajsRp.png

Okay, she's pretty pers-

Okay, she's not the only persuasive person we have on the team...

AyzmgG8.png

Welp.

So, despite those two seeming to be the "persuasive" ones, turns out the REAL recruiter is Sophia. Obviously, past Moniker didn't know that.

rGdozrr.png

The good news is, we revealed some more people! I wonder who the captured myrm is?

MPbFR4e.png

Again, DOES IT MATTER?

Ud4B5CL.png

Past Moniker: WHY ARE THESE GUYS STILL COMING AHH!!!

Now Moniker: JUST RESTART ALREADY, LOSER ME!

Future Moniker: YOU TWO ARE IDIOTS

bLbrBRm.png

Ow.

hfyfJxf.pnggDaDw72.pngK5VOMNO.pnglA0FJFE.png28jau6S.pngv2teVr8.pngoyhwg2I.pngEl9SLiK.png

Things happen. Things that totally didn't involve RNG abuse.

pfQKCEB.png

This is when I FINALLY realize that it's hopeless. We aren't getting away from him. So....

zOUhaPo.pngRl3A2KZ.pnghCVNGn6.png

KEEP TRYING ANYWAY

NPyFzsG.png

Okay, THIS is when I realize that continuing is pointless.

jgAX3qx.png

FROM THE TOP, EVERYBODY!

It's been a while since I last posted. My apologies. I hadn't mustered the will to until now.

Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition, Episode 2.

iPTU86q.png5tpeHRS.png

Who does that? Seriously, someone later on is just gonna find a castle ground with skeletons everywhere. It'll be a museum or something eventually! Don't be irresponsible!

I remember having a reason for this, but I don't really remember... I think it's because the idea of burying every dead soldier seems... impractical when you're in a hurry.

AVEc0mk.png

If you saw this coming, raise your hand...

Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition is a remake of Old Fire Mumblem. I'm not quite sure why you'd expect someone else if you're familiar with OFM.

tCZNoX9.pngx9IJf69.pngcPrrHpc.png31lXVfj.png

So yeah, we have "LTC", "do side thingy while doing LTC", and...secret ending? Oooh, definitely getting that one...

As far as a time limit goes, 14 turns is pretty generous, unlike in Chronicles of Lussaria, where the time limits are so insanely tight you have to pretty much use one specific strategy and do a good job of it to succeed. The rewards are things OTHER than gold, though...

I'M SORRYYYYYYYY ;-;

usPzkqp.png

Here's the map! It didn't align right AT ALL, so I can't do one of my cool screenshot maps. Note the placement of the two houses, we HAVE to split up if we're going to hit them both in time.

Given how you felt about my other maps, I'm surprised you didn't mention that this is the first map that actually looks nice.

I really like how this chapter is designed. Though, some of your critiques later in the LP do enlighten me that it's not perfect, but hey, good enough I guess.

6xxUGrn.pngyNUcL0k.pngn1oKTAy.png

Wil will be joining us for this chapter, and he's actually okay this time around. Maybe I'll try to train him, maybe not. We'll see.

Okay. So. FOR REAL this time, I actually tried and made Wil better. ;-;

Those bases look considerably better than in OFM.

JCkuWAK.png

What's this thing? I'll have to check it out at some point.

Heeheeheehee....

4AAVjem.pngZ0Aqt6T.pngD6clqLY.png

And so it begins! WilRobin Hood can one-shot the pegs this time around, even if he gets weighed down doing it.

Man, why did I not give him an Iron Bow? He gets doubled so hard by mercs and myrms.

6G7B44l.png

I think Eliwood might turn out better this time, guys!

See!?!?! I told you he... was... g... good.

Mner181.png

Helpful dude: She’s a good fighter, and believes in having a good match with her foes. If anyone tries to interfere with her battles, she gets quite angry. I wouldn’t be surprised if she even stopped fighting with her opponent just to get rid of the interference.

j2X7OSu.png

It totally was.

This line kinda makes me wonder a little bit about the lore of Fire Mumblem. Is Evil Lyn the lord of this territory? This villager sure knows a lot.

xTUT90V.png

Anyways, time to see what's in here!

wUZMBHS.pngVpMsFnI.png

What do YOU think, game?

Suddenly, we see a quick flash of a helmet guy! So fast, I couldn't screenshot it!

khPwE0O.pngCQZ9jtX.png

OH YEAH!

YEEESSSSS

US5YOcs.pngKMM30f1.pngRbzDGZg.png
IC3Tujv.png

N: Oh christ. NOW what are you gonna do?

I absolutely love it when the brown text box shows up and makes fun of the player's gameplay. XP

OH CRAP, A BERSERKER

Maybe this wasn't my best idea...

H8h3qJN.pngpSpqcZt.png

Everybody RUUUN!

"Billy's pissed, and he's gonna rape me! OH GOD!!" - BuringPenitentEngine 2010

GhNbsy0.pngROophEU.png

He can one-shot Nino, so we'll be spending a lot of time hoping he doesn't do that!

Hey wait a moment. You never tried talking to him, I noticed...

PROFOUND SADNESS

SjiQOEA.png

OH CRAP, HE'S ALL THE WAY OVER HERE

WHY COULDN'T RAVEN SETTLE FOR ELIWOOD INSTEAD

Given that I like being very generous with recruitments, I prolly shoulda done that. I never really assumed people would take Hector down the left path even though it makes way more sense (Pegasus riders, cavalier vs. Mercenary).

Actually, what I shoulda done is put lance/knight/horse dudes on the RIGHT, so you'd naturally throw Hector down that path.

Or just make Raven spawn on the left. Either way... I feel like I should say that I had no playtesters when I made this. BuringPenitentEngine was my only source of feedback, and all of it came from his blind footage of the game.

xW28Tbq.pngwwnhupU.png

Raven looks pretty powerful...

How the hell does he have 4 defense and 20 HP at level 3? I mean, regardless, yeah I'd say he's good, relative to the enemies you are facing.

PS0qJDc.png

Evil Lyn: Who in the wrong onion(this isn't censorship) woke him up from his slumber? Wait a minute. He’s interfering with my battle! This makes me ANGRY!

This line... *facepalm*

Around Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition, I tried relying less on sex jokes and more on just being random.

Admittedly, I prolly woulda laughed because of how unexpected it was.

Jfegi8K.png

8 turns left!

Cue the intense music

eRgQH2I.pnguaOnWgb.png

Make that 450 Raven, you have a grudge against Eliwood now.

Given this game's lack of fourth wall, I think Raven's grudge would be towards the RNG, which is already one of his earliest grudges (#4)

0J7qERo.png

Many Wave Runner uses were wasted this chapter.

MANY.

Nowadays, I know ASM. I shoulda made it so that all attacks deal a fixed 1 damage to Billy, so you'd at least gain EXP from fighting him.

And maybe also make it so it doesn't waste your weapon uses. Though, perhaps that is just part of the challenge... *shrug*

kOcYTGu.pngljBbgn0.png

I feel your pain, Raven!

Raven: …

Hector: Well, since the RNG refuses to let us fight, Wanna join my group of merry men?

Raven: Robin Hood Yeah!

Hector: Cork Screw!

More pointless random stuff to crutch the fact that I didn't know how to be funny.

q51wbsO.png

Oh hey, I found the solution to the armor problem!

That sounded slightly racist. Like, I am picturing you wearing some kind of nazi hat now.

cGFBCHY.png

Oh, and after the dialogue, she turns green! She's helping us now!

I'm a little curious as to why you kept in all the footage between losing Nino and getting back up to alerting Lyn.

lHic3HA.pngwj0gZtP.png

Black palette!

Black palettes are my fav.

BuCuGsp.png

Well...

Lyn's improving her skills in bed again. This time, she gets luck, increasing her chances of discovering someone's weird fetish and exploiting it.

... Ah, I should just let that joke die.

JX1UDCY.png

*GASP*

I love this joke~

6Q3rgTX.png

Nope Nino, it was all you.

Evil Lyn: This is no time to be emo! You’re not Cloud Strife!

Fun fact. I hadn't played FFVII yet when I made this. Just heard of it. When I finally went and played it, I found out that Cloud had more than a couple good reasons to be miserable. >_<

OX2cbOU.pngZbaglfw.pnggz565aL.png

Is Nino shocked at Lyn saying that to someone clearly wearing mage robes, or is it something else?

I think she's confused by the abruptness of the situation. I could have wrote that line better though. Something like...

Character: Wait, hold on a moment. Lyn's over there, but you look-

Evil Lyn: Good bye.

*Evil Lyn Leaves*

Character: Just... like her... I'm so god damn confused right now.

LJu3JnH.png

THE MOST RIDICULOUS COMBAT STATS YET?

But of course. This is the book of Trogdor, and he's "Kind of indestructible".

OodGWbY.png

Nobody cares!

Kind of a sad way to go if you ask me.

Evil Lyn: The Library.

The capitalization makes it seem special, and if it was just a normal library it'd be funny, but now I can't tell...

It is a normal library. I don't know why this is capitalized, but I used to have weirding habits in my grammar.

Ba91tAu.png

While there probably was another variation of dialogue for what happens when you kill Evil Lyn and leave Billy asleep, and maybe a THIRD variation for when you wake Billy and kill Evil Lyn anyway, I'm just going to assume they're both lame and not get them.

Lemme give you the run down of stuff you missed.

- You can talk to Billy and attempt to reason with him. You get a pretty amusing dialogue for it.
- Playing the chapter normally by defeating Lyn gives you the exact same dialogue as in Old Fire Mumblem. I was kind of lazy about it, but I doubt people will go for the normal ending anyway.
- Evil Lyn's boss quote with normal Lyn is the funniest version of their exchange. I'm super sad that you didn't get it.
- I don't think I actually planned for the player to activate Billy then kill Evil Lyn. Killing her under all circumstances just gets you the normal ending.

I believe that's everything.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition Episode 3 time~

uUr0scd.png

I like the title, I think it really describes the feelings of my audience.

One day, I came across TvTropes. Eventually, my wanderings around this mysterious website led me to a book called "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream"

... And that is the story of Episode 3's title.

HKaQqRx.png

...What?

I was trying waaay too hard to be funny at this point, without being lewd all the time. It's so hard when you don't have sex jokes at your disposal. ;-;

YgnsLfU.png

How nice, an early prep screen! I just hope it isn't used to-

s1ABiR9.png

LIMIT OUR DEPLOYMENT? ALREADY? WHAT THE HECK?

I remembered (inaccurately) FE7 not letting you use every unit at once, so I just imitated that. Because of my desire to improve - and because I held the original games in high regard - I made it a point to try and make the hack feel more like an actual Fire Emblem, gameplay wise.

You get lots of units in this chapter anyway, so... *shrug*

DUHM0ko.pngMLkSI5a.png

As you can see, they haven't changed.

Florina's line always gets me. XP

8MzqZBe.png

Canas: … But I really AM black.

Eliwood: Clearly you aren’t. Now cut it out, this game’s rated ‘E’ for everyone!

As you can see, I made an effort to avoid being super offensive this time around. BuringPenitentEngine ended up hating this chapter regardless, but I'll take that over upsetting him again.

x9h4BzZ.png

Legault: That’s right!

Eliwood: What brings you to our company?

Legault: This place has chests. As such, your army is obligated to have a thief unit.

It's true.

What surprises me is that I had the sense to not only give the player a thief, but also a Torch staff in this chapter. Do you have any idea how many hacks DON'T do this?

877NvDA.png651yrRn.png

And that's it. In my first playthrough, the event of him not making it in time didn't trigger, so I kinda thought I had infinite time going in here. Turns out that isn't the case.

Huh... I didn't know that. I wonder what prevented the event from happening.

OdTDcB1.pngnJMUjCI.png

PFJUozO.pngKZ6Ph9a.png

Pardon the weirdness, things didn't line up quite right.

Just trim off 32 pixels from the left of images 2 and 4.

BGc8M9u.png

I don't like it when other LPers fail to at least give the start-maps, tbh. I'm always curious about what the maps look like!

I sort of like this map in concept. I like that there are so many distinct areas, that the enemy variety is pretty interesting, and the extra events I have happen, such as the mid-boss. However, I also find this map tedious to play. It could have benefited greatly from a down sizing.

I mean, either way, this is a HUGE improvement over OFM Chapter 3. If not for it being slightly over sized, I'd consider this map pretty efficiently designed.

HXXdKYE.pngdB6viDi.png

Don't we all? Legault actually looks pretty good, even if that poison sword will hold him back.

Hot damn. Why even bother to use Raven when Legault's stats are mostly better, plus thief utility?

Guess we'd better sacrafice Raven for Lucius again.

Oh wait...

Ooflpry.pngzCq4Ytg.png

Whatever.

For a long time, I wondered why Pegasus Riders wore such skimpy clothing. Then it occured to me. Humans probably aren't the lightest thing for a Pegasus to carry.

WfXFZtB.pngdpXghpS.png

Today, we'll be dealing with the ASSHOLE ARMY!

Fun fact: I've never played Halo.

aCUR0dw.png9Kz9RRS.pngDoHMD7E.png

Not sure if she has good growths, since due to the hack ending this is the ONLY complete chapter she appears in, but those bases kinda suck.

I still believe she's very good. I played Episode 4 recently, and she does A LOT with those bases and weapon ranks. Not to mention, she's mounted. Ya never give the lass enough credit!

0RCJQPG.png

There's a torch offscreen, but they're ALL gonna be dealers from now on, aren't they?

You need plenty of drugs to get through these hacks. =P

5F6JUtc.png

*sigh*

I was very unsure of what to have the two say to each other. I actually got help for this particular dialogue. I believe it was NagafenofIvalice who helped me...

Hector: Ew. No thanks, I’m not into that. However, I got something I’d like you to eat.

Florina: Huh? What would that be?

kc6GtK6.pngje38t6D.png

Hector: Awesome. Meet me behind this castle after we win.

*SIGH*

This one makes me laugh too. Hector's lack of shame... His straightforwardness... I know some people think sex jokes are lame, but they always have a place in my heart.

I'm not saying you should use them as excessively as I did though, but... well, lemme rant for a moment.

I personally don't see anything wrong with sex jokes. I don't see anything wrong with racist jokes, and I don't see anything wrong with rape jokes. I feel like sex jokes only have a bad reputation because...

1) We live in a rather uptight nation that is more hostile towards seeing a naked woman in the media than they are against something actually harmful and traumatizing, like murder.

2) Because of the above, it is a form of shock humor, which is frequently used by people who aren't actually funny, but get laughs because of the surprise factor.

3) Because of the above, we have a stigma against sex jokes due to their frequent misuse.

Anything can be funny. The execution is what counts. If we can laugh at manslaughter, then there is no reason we cannot laugh at sex.

Now, with that said... *holds up flame shield*

GZNTKVm.png

WE HAVE TORCH GLITCH!

You're going to cheat the chapter...?

Eh... I'm a little saddened by this, but I do wonder if this would have been more interesting if done the intended way.

Ah well. Your LP I guess.

XgMKPaQ.png

I can see EVERYTHING now.

Aw... no "I can see forever" joke? Missed opportunity, Mr. Moniker!

grPnkio.png62kUS9u.png

Here are the Dorcas?'s.

You didn't bother showing off the two with brave axes? (Wait, you showed one later)

f11IkDn.png

And this guy shows up immediately, as a reminder that this won't ALL be a cakewalk.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but fog vision was buffed to 5 spaces. Makes things a bit more convenient.

I didn't like Fog of War. I was sorta going through the motions putting them in the Fire Mumblems. Having the option to increase vision range was a pleasant surprise.

QT1TdGa.png

And now I can see EVEN MORE.

Another thing regarding hacks that don't give you torches and thieves for FoW. I feel like there's a certain sense of satisfaction to being able to uncover so much of the map.

wwmX9Bq.png

KNIFE

Legault's palette doesn't look very changed.

I think his was one of the only ones that wasn't changed.

crG6gR8.png

Yeah!

I love this guy. I don't know why he amuses me, but he does.

xhLDeT0.png

Except this weird Luna sword. I mean...you did realize you gave him 4 strength when you gave him this, right, Markyjoe?

The idea for this boss was that he would have unimpressive stats, but compensate by having many attack options that give him an advantage. No matter what, he will always deal damage if you give him the opportunity, and he's got plenty of speed (And HP!) to make it meaningful in some way.

3Jbv6Ud.png

Yeah.

*grins* See? Not someone you wanna underestimate~

gNpPPUw.png

No idea what he means.

More random humor. Though, this one actually has some sense to it.

When you see the first line, you'd assume he's gonna say something like "My eyes! They are bleeding!". I decided to throw a curveball with "They're square shaped!".

Not super clever, but it amuses me regardless. ^_^'

kwvd2ah.png

Legault's handling himself okay. Honestly, we'd be in trouble if we had to fight this brave axe guy with anyone else.

That brave axe is such a cruel joke. I already gave the guy 30 HP, which kind of forces you to attack him up close since your ranged units are split up and prolly can't weaken him enough, but to also make it luck based to actually SURVIVE him is really mean.

Jz1PeHu.png

I guess we're supposed to use this on Bartre's door?

Yeah. Just in case Legault bites it, I wanted to make sure the player didn't get stuck. It's also referring to Bartre's dialogue from before - that he gave the door key to one of the Dorcas clones.

Now... what I'M wondering, is what the hell was that Dorcas clone doing with it anyway?

CoWtmNg.png

This SEEMS awesome and helpful, but it's actually not, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you're getting Wil to a B before the hack ends.

I aimed for Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition to be at least 10-15 chapters total before I gave up on it, so that would be useful in the long term. But yeah... shoulda made that a killer bow, or at least lowered the required weapon rank. Just imagine how good Wil would be.

GGjUQH0.pngdQryEQi.png

So. You see how the thief opened the chest, but no notification popped up, and he doesn't have anything on PP? That's because Markyjoe did some RATHER SNEAKY coding: He made it so that when a thief opens a chest, he doesn't get anything! So, you can't know what's in the chest, and you can't kill him to get it back! I savestate to see what was in there, and...

This was WAY before anyone figured out how to program thieves to leave a map, so I had to find a way to make you still want to beat the thief to the chest.

I feel like I should have made a cutscene to imply this though.

I think it was ChinaFE or FEGirls that made thieves into "Mage thieves". I mean, you could at least say that since they are magical, they can just teleport their items out of the map or something...

I actually kinda like the idea of mage thieves... as enemy units at least.

HuA6nDX.png

...You know what? The thief can keep it.

... Wow. *facepalm* How did I... just... wow.

JFWSlaO.png

...We'd best hurry.

Is there a patch that gives effectiveness weapons a x3 bonus instead of x2? I like x3 better.

6Kk3r2Z.png

Yeah... It's kind of luck-based how long she lasts, but I think you can get to her before the myrms, so not THAT luck-based.

I think it's possible to reach her in time. The myrms don't come out frequently if I remember right.

MbDFiGx.png

Short bows work in my favor here, I wouldn't want her dead!

Ah yes... short bows... and everyone giving them 1-2 range...

Those were the days. Glad they are over.

h7IsFUM.png

WHAT

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

NOW YOU'RE EATING WTD

Isadora will not move no matter what, but she will always attack if an enemy is in her immediate attack range. Hand Axe is her only ranged weapon. So that's why she used it.

IR5rtuF.pngstpwHct.pngy64uGsq.png

And then he runs off the screen super fast. The thing is, I don't think he comes back, so in addition to getting the bonus task, we also don't have to deal with fighting him!

Does he have a droppable item? I don't remember. I think I gave the player a choice to either take the gold for saving him, or getting his weapon for not.

This idea of skipping a boss by playing risky/fast is pretty cool in my opinion.

iYv4pPe.pngazKA0Uo.png

Is...this the guy who's supposed to unlock Bartre's door?

I think it's the other Dorcas you killed. Unless I misread what happened earlier. I mean, either way, this still begs the question.

What the hell was he doing out in the world that was so important?

And how did he end up stuck in a treasure chest?

Oh, actually, fun fact. I hadn't played FE6 at the time, so I didn't know the "Enemy in a box" trick was used before. And I thought I was so clever...

renbSoD.png

Gee... You really broke the bank on that one, markyjoe...

It's a very easy to reach chest, so I figured a minor reward would be suitable. In hindsight, I think I shoulda had something more interesting, since that's arguably a net loss given how rare and expensive lockpicks usually are, and given that there would - in theory - be far better items in other chests.

nmBpGBM.png

Uh, is this supposed to acknowledge how they navigated with the stars back then? Despite the fact that they clearly have a higher level of technology, and star navigation probably used slightly different terms?

...I STILL still don't understand.

Peter Pan reference.

9XsFhrc.png0KWFof0.png

*sigh*

Lyn: Ooh, it’s so small.

Eliwood: That’s only when it’s flacid, baby.

Lyn: Oh, really? Let’s see about that!

Not only did he use a naughty word, he spelled it wrong...

Uuuugh. This one was trying too hard.

NEXT TIME: The final episode of New Fire Mumblem, wherein we replace the sex jokes with self-inserting!

This next chapter's dialogue is perhaps some of the worst I've ever written. I actually get outright MAD whenever I read it.

But there will be a lot for me to say about it, so I'll deal...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It's been a while since I last posted. My apologies. I hadn't mustered the will to until now.

No problem, take your time.

I am super glad to see you back, though.

Given how you felt about my other maps, I'm surprised you didn't mention that this is the first map that actually looks nice.

I really like how this chapter is designed. Though, some of your critiques later in the LP do enlighten me that it's not perfect, but hey, good enough I guess.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it, but it does look quite nice.

Hey wait a moment. You never tried talking to him, I noticed...

PROFOUND SADNESS

I MISSED a talk convo?

PROFOUND-ER SADNESS

That sounded slightly racist. Like, I am picturing you wearing some kind of nazi hat now.

Well you see, Hector didn't actually smash the armors with the Wolf Beil. He was really ducking down and using his axe as a white flag, to allow negotiations for peace to begin, which mysteriously resulted in him gaining XP and levels.

I'm a little curious as to why you kept in all the footage between losing Nino and getting back up to alerting Lyn.

It wasn't "getting back up to" as much as "using a different strategy where Evil Lyn took longer to be alerted"

- You can talk to Billy and attempt to reason with him. You get a pretty amusing dialogue for it.

- Playing the chapter normally by defeating Lyn gives you the exact same dialogue as in Old Fire Mumblem. I was kind of lazy about it, but I doubt people will go for the normal ending anyway.

- Evil Lyn's boss quote with normal Lyn is the funniest version of their exchange. I'm super sad that you didn't get it.

- I don't think I actually planned for the player to activate Billy then kill Evil Lyn. Killing her under all circumstances just gets you the normal ending.

I might go back and get those talks sometime. Maybe.

The Corruption of Roy: Part 4: Going Through the Insanity AGAIN

jgAX3qx.png

So, starting over, right back at the "beat the merc" part!

CusN46m.png

Bluh?

Uwi52io.pngRni0bll.pngJlsm7zx.pngzK3jufb.png

Things happened while I was getting caught up. I really tried to tighten my strategy and take more risks this time.

9dYXapW.png

I THOUGHT I blocked the thief here, but I was wrong. I was still WAY far ahead of my first run.

k19dsme.pngKA4IjVL.pngzI1WS1e.png

I had a few deaths too.

tGFVjET.png

I'm not going to show all my levels, just the really interesting, or, in this case, TERRIBLE ones.

YWRfwVC.png

I didn't RNG abuse so she would use her hair-shield. Nope.

BCwOy6q.png

This is very necessary.

v4Zz6hn.png

OH CRAP

N54zfAh.png

So yeah, I KINDA forgot those guys were there and ended up getting saved by sheer luck.

BX4fWXB.png

Sophia got plenty of levels, and eventually became super powerful.

aym1f0q.pngXWtTpAi.png

We've cleared out the first part of the prison, and recruited everyone around!

zezjD97.png

Wendy carefully opens the door...

x9gMK58.pngl2BE8kH.png

Uh...

4Vy1CqL.png

No RNG abuse here, nope.

0IfMv3T.png

Talk time!

pZRExUa.png9HnSgVU.png

Shigeid: That’s none of yer business.

Sophia: I’m his wife… Sophia.

Shigeid: I wasn’t born yesterday. Yer gonna need a better lie to prevent me from kickin’ yer ass.

Sophia: I’m not lying! Here! This is our engagement ring!

Shigeid: Yeah right. I ain’t getting close ta ya. You’ll stab me.

Sophia: F-fine! Then I’ll toss it to you!

74I1bIe.png

Sophia: I’m his w-wife! I swear it!

Shiegeid: Calm down! Alright alright! I believe ya. But why the hell is he keepin’ ya down here?

Sophia: I d-don’t know why! I only woke up an hour ago!

Shigeid: Grr… this is confusing. Still, doing something like this to yer wife is an abhorable act.

LdPI4eV.png

THANK you!

Sophia: W-what!?

Shigeid: Simmer down for cryin’ out loud! I don’t know if I believe you fully or not, but I was told that the people down here are criminals. You don’t look anything like a criminal, and you even have the engagement ring of Pherae. Either my employer thinks his own wife is a criminal, or some foul play is going on.

V2nmJ4d.pngHBQhlo7.png

Wait, didn't you JUST SAY there could be foul play going on? It's possible Roy isn't the one behind this! Come on, guys!

Sophia: …..

Shigeid: Listen. I’m sorry for scaring your skirt off. I was just tryin’ to act tough so you’d be too scared to face me, and I wouldn’t have to kill ya. Lemme help ya out. I may be a mercenary, but if I’m workin’ for a crazy guy, the Wolfen mercenary reputation will be compromised. I’m not gonna risk that, not when proof like this exists.

Sophia: …..

Rgdn2h5.png

Sophia: A-alright.

yhMB82h.png

Sophia: N… neither did I.

U3vTvE5.png

Well, he's recruited, but these two have a talk!

38cJEHd.png

Lilina: Wendy? Thank goodness you’re alright! I thought I lost you…

Wendy: I wouldn’t go dying to a lousy traitor. Anyways, would you mind staying back? There’s no reason to put yourself at risk.

Lilina: I can’t do that. These are my people who are imprisoned. As their duchess, it is my duty to ensure their safety.

Wendy: I see… Then I’ll do my best to keep you safe.

Lilina: Alright. Thank you, Wendy.

Wendy: It is my pleasure.

qoCegwA.png

Shigied is good at slaughtering these guys.

ruiFOJ6.png

ESPECIALLY when he does this!

RGOp8TM.png

They look like they're dancing!

sWtgDwc.png

THE DANCE OF DEFENSE!

vcjhlCw.png

Wendy, too!

AlxAmAx.png

Blocked one of the stairs! I could have blocked the center one too, but...

8TP8Cze.png

THIS GUY!

uFL5hWe.png

I need this!

hXcXCsc.png

So...much...magic...

JxKXAQO.png

We've covered them all!

4pOLpsa.png

We COVERED them all!

yANqGvi.png

Having Sophia open chests for speed...

g3xm7LB.png

...And forgetting something in the process.

NEXT TIME: We finish a part! Maybe.

Episode 3x Replies... Ugh. This chapter.

New Fire Mumblem: Episode 4: Episode 3x: Part 1: Another Story That Isn't Better than the Other One

Lemme start by saying that this chapter is another case of me trying to be serious and silly at the same time. Like before, it doesn't work out too well.

6feRYvU.png

Who the heck are these guys? Their portraits look okay, but I'm not familiar with the names...

Remember Super Hard Lyn Mode?

Remember that bow wielding Myrmidon?

Remember that NPC pirate wearing black?

Those are these guys. Gidepark was the name I gave Guy back in my old comics, and Zepkref was Adam's name in my comics.

Oh, also fun fact. The portraits of Gidepark and Zepkref were made by Seph1212. He's come quite a long way, eh?

Evil Lyn: I can sense something. No! Someone! Someone with overwhelming power!

q4i2IIQ.png

Evil Lyn: Ah! H-hes getting closer!

Ah... "Ggh!". One of my many writing habits. Along with "Mnn..." and "Heh..."

Ag39kKU.png6Y20mxx.png

Markyjoe: Still writing a bad Markyjoe.

I really don't like the way I portrayed myself here as well as in my old comics, but it more or less reflected what I thought of myself. Weak and ineffectual.

And it's really inaccurate to how I was back then. I was vicious. I got into fights at school often because I refused to take anyone's nonsense. I didn't care if you were bigger and stronger than I was, if you said something to me, I'd say something back. I didn't care if whether I got hurt or not.

But time passes and - after my exposure to the poisonous Mugen community - I became a lot more self conscious and afraid to stand up for myself.

I recently talked about this with a friend of mine not too long ago. It seems hard to believe that I crumbled because of stuff people said online rather than the fights and bullying I dealt with in school, but... *shrug* that's just how I remember it.

So basically, my point is, I'm pretty sure this Markyjoe - If I were writing him accurately when I did this - woulda told Athos to screw off and die so he can tarnish this game in peace.

Athos: I have had it with people modifying Fire Emblem 7! All we ever get are terrible ROM hacks as a result!

I'm kinda rooting for Athos here...

Believe it or not, I used to constantly think about how Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition was going to end. I recall that it was going to have a moral akin to "A little amateur ROM hack never hurt anyone, no matter how offensive and bad it is".

Ahh... Maybe I should take my own advice and stop getting so angry at hacks. XD

2S6UlzN.png

I've tried to imagine Real!Markyjoe saying "sir".

I failed.

I gotta say it all the time at work, but given my personality in my videos, I totally understand.

Evil Lyn: I could care less. He is trying to get you to abandon your dream! Are you seriously going to comply to his selfish desires?

4mNJCBk.png

The portrait gets EVEN BETTER when he closes his eyes.

I. really. hate. this exchange.

Everything about it pisses me off. The friendship speech bull crap and ESPECIALLY the triumphant music used here. It's so freakin' pretentious. OH LOOK AT ME, I'M BEING UPLIFTING AND DEEP AND YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR ME.

Screw you, FormerJoe1990.

Markyjoe: Heh

I tried to imagine Markyjoe saying "heh" in a non-ironic manner. I failed again.

Really? That's not only a writing habit of mine, but I do that a lot in my commentaries. Whenever I make a joke, I usually follow it with "Heh!", even when I don't think the joke is actually funny. Nervous ticks and all.

WnswI4l.png

That last one is the only line even KIND OF in-character.

If I was writing this accurate to how I was back then...

MarkyJoe: Listen old man, get the fuck outta my way and I promise I won't kick your ass all the way to lindenhurst.

Athos: Well see how much you like Fire Emblem hacking after you face my Ultra Legion.

This chapter's full of me coming up with deliberately silly names for things. Super Radar, Ultra Legion... uh... Actually, I think that's it.

ZndlV7B.png

Look for what's NOT in my screenshot. Specifically, the cursor. Yeah, the whole "main lord isn't there for the cursor to start on" thing is here. Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he'd actually found a way to FIX the bug.

IS there a fix for it now?

JZ3NKz1.pngkraqJIa.pngOE1L4KT.png

Markyjoe, our "favorite" FE hacker! With semi-okay stats, a nosferatu tome that makes him invincible, a support that leaves him open to being the butt of a large variety of inappropriate jokes(not sure if it actually works), and TOAST!, we're gonna let him help out.

FE4 and FE5 had leadership stars that gave units a bonus in hit and avoid. This was my attempt at imitating it.

41O7YUt.pngvxVZcUM.pnggBRe83J.png

Evil Lyn starts out being WAY, WAY, WAY better than Markyjoe, but...this chapter doesn't really give enough time for that to change. One tome is weak, but she can double with it, and the other has power but she will never double EVER. And Bolting.

I was pretty meticulous on how to design the player units. MarkyJoe is primarily a support unit and Evil Lyn's your battle mage. Gidepark is for wiping out units quickly, and Zepkref's the tank.

It didn't work out as intended, but we're getting somewhere in the balance department at least.

3si4Ikf.pngRxmiCKN.png

Gee Athos, I guess walking 3 steps just EXCEEDS YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Ahahahaha~ That's just hilarious.

g54Z0CQ.pngtqhob0X.pngRIbHMH1.pngR8uXfaQ.png

Palettes and combat! These guys don't stand much of a chance.

I wish I made my red robe thing more saturated. The whole palette in general lacks a bit of life.

jnnhWoU.png

Markyjoe has to eat like a third of a piece of toast, which somehow causes his leg to reattach itself.

Wrong. Don't you pay attention to the Fire Mumblem canon? Legs are reattached with glue!

New Fire Mumblem: Episode 4: Episode 3x: Part 2: Enemy phase reinforcements that AREN'T BS!?!

I am already pleased.

qz5tids.png

Where we left off last time, the enemies stood with roughly this chance of beating us.

I personally find this chapter kinda difficult. Must be doing something wrong I guess.

Y4qGwhi.png

WELL.

THIS SEEMS BALANCED.

Aye. I gave myself mediocre bases so that I could try the "insane growths" shtick.

I believe all of my growths are 127%. If you tried making it higher than that in nightmare back in the day, it would display as a negative number even though the growth bytes are actually unsigned. In other words, you can make growths as high as 255%, but I didn't know at the time.

LXmuJQ0.png

...Bad writing!

Aw... I like this line. ;-;

jDv6oDL.png

Oh, so we're doing this now. Okay.

The things I do to explain video game mechanics...

YAOpYm5.pngq7Qf2z5.png6op257Q.png

So, here's how this works. Gidepark says this occasionally, then points out two huts. Enemies will come from the huts on the following enemy phase.

This is actually a pretty good mechanic, and I kinda wish Awakening had done the same.

This was made around the time I was very, VERY against ambush spawns (FE11 did not sit well with me at the time). However, whenever I find a mechanic that I don't like, I like to analyse the mechanic and find a way to make it fun. This was the result.

Nowadays, I'm all for ambush spawns, but the player absolutely NEEDS to be conditioned to anticipate them, or else you're just forcing the player to restart for reasons outside of their skill. AKA, wasting their time and padding out your game's length. FE6 usually does a very good job making the player paranoid as hell. Sometimes, it takes it too far though.

Now, with that said, I have mixed opinions on this mechanic. In a situation where there are multiple potential spawn points for enemies, I appreciate that it doesn't just make you guess which ones enemies will pop out of. However, it only shows you once. If you forget the mechanic, or where they are, you're going to get taken off guard pretty hard.

Additionally, it's kind of slow and inefficient to have a cutscene pop up every turn to mark the spawn points. I wish I could have just put a marker on the ambush spawn spots so the player knew at all times what was coming, and didn't have to juggle their strategy AND their memory at the same time.

VpbtQox.png

As long as Markyjoe is carrying the Nosferatu, nothing can kill him fast enough.

I'm pretty sure I get doubled to kingdom come, and can't heal fast enough to compensate. Then again, I see you're on a tree. Not to mention the support bonus. Hm... I should have buffed enemy skill.

fYN4Q0C.pngrQsdbad.pngWUn5Rd8.pngDwhQ0Ui.png

I think this might be the last wave. Really, while the game does sometimes get the pressure on at points here, it fails to keep it up.

Along with adding more reinforcements, I think I should have put more 1-range enemies near Athos. Ones you couldn't lure out until you reached his spot.

Weeeell... nah. The chapter is too long in my opinion. Instead of adding more stuff, I should cut the map down and make it NOT "Long Winding Path #61".

By5Rdb2.png

And sure enough, sages!

Sexy female sages~ With lovely long, golden hair~

828apnv.png

I call Mary Sue.

Let me say that I 100% agree that my Revised Edition self-insert is poorly written, and I feel VERY uncomfortable defending him, especially since I'm pretty sure you meant nothing bad by it.

However, I think the term mary sue is being used very liberally here. From what I know, a mary sue is a character used to carry out the beliefs/ideals of the writer. Because of this intent, the story is skewed unrealistically in order to glorify said mary sue, and make them seem faultless.

In this dialogue, cringe-inducing as it is, we see Insert-Joe's immediate weaknesses. He is wimpy and uncharismatic. When a challenger approaches, he gets intimidated and rendered speechless. It is only through the help and support of his friends that he is actually able to stand up for himself.

So what are we glorifying here? Certainly not weakness. No. We are glorifying friendship and support, and that is a good thing to glorify.

... Did I seriously just do a friendship speech after cringing at a friendship speech? God dammit.

Anyway, you could argue that making myself powerful is a mary sue trait, but consider the context. I'm putting myself in my own hack. Literally. It would not make sense if I made myself weak.

The only thing Insert-Joe does that is vaguely mary suish is... well, why the hell is this spineless loser being followed by a mind-reading swordmaster, a merry pirate, and a Lyn clone. Even THAT is too harsh though. They got one chapter of screen time. Not much to work off of here.

I enjoy this LP and I appreciate you taking time into it, so I feel bad lecturing you like this, but take it from someone who learned the hard way. Mary sue is not a term you wanna lightly toss around.

1CA5Xuw.png

10 seconds later...

Haaaa~

IwFoC6x.png8A2bvns.pngbWoZfTY.png

EVIL LYN

Yup.

I dunno why, but I agree with this.

nzXBONo.pnggwvNSPL.pngScGc0fc.png4rM4KQI.png

Markyjoe: The ArchSage can catch us at any given time.

THIS. DAMN. SCENE.

This is one of the major reasons why I stopped working on Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition. I wrote myself into one hell of a corner.

Athos's super radar, plus the ability to just teleport in all whilly nilly with troops makes it kind of hard to actually beat him. You basically can't sleep. Ever. Or do anything without the fear of attack. The guy can attack at any point in time, and if I didn't have just that happen, the writing would be even stupider.

... Of course, it JUST occured to me that maybe I could have covered this up with "Marky and Co can teleport out of the hack" or something. That seems legit...

*facepalm*

It is what it is, I guess.

1cFke0P.png

Ah, I see where-

You do? I don't. I used to know where I was going with this, but I forgot.

6sUteVg.png

NEVERMIND!

Dammit. Forgot to use REMA to remove the portraits and text. >_<

e8eke2S.pngoFWsYbl.png

We get money three times total. Were these...bonus task events?

They are hidden bonus tasks. You get 250 gold for each unit you keep alive. MarkyJoe doesn't count, since you HAVE to keep him alive.

Since your actual team (Eliwood and co) aren't progressing in any way in this chapter, I wanted to have some other way for the player to make progress that would influence the main team. And what was it...? MORE FLIPPIN' MONEY! ;-;

q4PfOMM.png

NEXT TIME: The obligatory "glitchy-half-complete-chapter" at the end of many hacks!

I am going to have loads of things to say for Episode 4... Including the explanation as to why I went and replayed Revised Edition recently.

Revised Edition Final Replies. I hope you guys are ready for one hell of a big post.

Episode 4 Replies

AVLhjWz.png

So, this chapter...

... Is supposed to be called "Ep. 4: The Estate Of Bauker"

kp7ercH.png

The eventing is complete, but the dialogue...

moR1J9m.pngpbz4AyM.png

... Was 98% complete and inserted, but this version lacks it for some reason.

Mdq19vG.pngYWdjeO3.pngNUTXKik.png

No idea what's going on.

MarkyJoe and Co. think about what to do about Athos. Lyn mentions that MarkyJoe is very submissive in bed... *facepalm*

MarkyJoe sends Gidepark and Zepkref out to find leads. MarkyJoe and Evil Lyn... I don't remember, but I don't think I WANT to.

Afterwards, Eliwood and Co show up to find TV. The player is asked if their penis is happy. A yes/no prompt shows, and the player is given a phallic sword weapon based on their answer.

XsDwFS2.png

If you haven't figured it out yet, these are the dialogue events from the tutorials in Chapter 2 of normal Lyn mode.

Which is where the uninserted dialogue should be.

1AxnAk5.pngG8f3FFY.png

Bauker is informed about Eliwood's presence. He gets mad because he has an unexplained grudge against Eliwood (Maybe using Erik would have been more fitting here). Lucius shows up, mentioning his name and gender change and Bauker decides to head out to deal with Eliwood. A few generic soldiers comment on Lucianna, basically implying that they wanna have sex with her. Comedy ensues.

rmMpY0y.pngXn57fxo.png

Oh hey, it's...Kent?

Eliwood and Bauker chat for a bit. Bauker interupts mid-conversation to...

(Nope, the nomad is Bauker)

b3UraAc.png

The...palette...

...Attack Eliwood.

LM0nqZH.pngUJcrjF3.pngQzMeIQ9.png\

I don't understand, and I don't think you do either.

Bauker is surprised when Eliwood dodges. Eliwood, angry, says he knew Bauker would attack all along because "He's not wearing pants", which he knows is what Bauker always does when he has malicious intent.

Bauker, enraged, heads back to his castle and tells everyone to get ready for battle. Lucianna is told to wait a bit before making a move.

GjDwxUZ.pngLpliZED.png

This guy spawns a destroyed village after the semi-legible village conversation is over.

Charlie the Warrior is informed about the battle about to ensue. To protect his master, Demigo, he decides to set up a barricade... a destroyed village. This scene is a parody of an old version of FELover3's "Curse Of The Emblem", a hack that used this explanation to cover up the destroyed village event that FELover3 couldn't remove since he didn't know how to event.

Also, the throne of Bauker's castle CAN be seized, but that just plunges things into FURTHER insanity. It's moderately entertaining, but not worth delaying Corruption of Roy.

Both Castles are supposed to be seizable. The bottom one is locked however, and doesn't open until you defeat Charlie the Warrior. I don't know if this is functional in the current version.

BhBgaH3.png

The enemies are bandits, and for some reason Markyjoe added in a short axe.

That thing was a pain to insert, and weapon icon stuff was glitchy when you expanded it. Thankfully, Hextator/Obviam/7eld showed up and made me an ASM that fixes it. Archibald later found out it didn't work 100% correctly, and I think he either had it fixed, or is in the process of having it fixed.

Also, the naming theme for the enemies in this chapter was going to be "Douchebag" and "Gardener". More on the latter later.

rQeQo6x.png

Oh, and this. No idea why it's even there.

It's a sword that's ineffective, but has loads of weapon EXP, so it's useful for grinding up weapon ranks.

8KEzJSx.png

And this crazy OP thing.

When I finally got the item table expanded, I proceeded to add a couple new items to the game for fun.

D9lqXww.pngCCVuvBk.png

Bauker kinda sucks. That's all there is to say.

No... no "Bawk bawk!?"

ABjsFqT.pngPJbtXeH.pngBe6eMCc.png

The miniboss is a different KIND of bandit, and he's pretty tough. Tougher than Bauker, even.

Like Episode 2, this was a chapter that would have an alternate ending. By fighting and defeating Charlie the Warrior, he would go into the closed castle and summon his master, Demigo, THE PHANTOM KNIGHT. Complete with infinite defense. Yes. I turned the phantom knight character into a boss. Complete with his own portrait too.

Demigo.png

Demigo tells you that he loves a good fight, and that if you can defeat him, you can stay in his home and watch TV. Both him and Charlie are extremely hard to kill, and Demigo has his own custom weapon that's really powerful. You could also choose not to fight Demigo when he comes out and instead rush to his castle and seize it.

Episode 4's Missing Stuff (Continued from Episode 4 Replies)

Okay, now that your commentary is done, let's touch on a couple more things in this chapter that were inserted in a finished version, but aren't seen here.

• Visiting the top village would have a conversation with me, and I'd give you the Lunar Sword. I don't remember how the conversation went though.
  • I abused the hell out of tile events in this chapter. Nearly every turn, you'll see trees appearing in the middle area. This was Bauker's "secret weapon" that he wanted to use on Eliwood.
    • After a few turns, Eliwood would take notice of this. I recall it going something like this...

Eliwood: Why are there trees growing randomly on this field?

Hector: *Angry face* Gardeners!!

Eliwood: Hector...?

Hector: We can't go on, Eliwood. it's too dangerous!

Eliwood: What utter nonsense. For what reason should we fear gardeners?

*Sad music plays*

Hector: ... It was my 12th birthday. My friends and I were gathered around the backyard eating cake... with my pony. I loved that pony with all of my heart, but then, she was cut in two by the horrific shears of our gardener... I can still remember the cries of pain as her life was destroyed in an instant!!

Eliwood: Uh... Hector. That was a pinata. You didn't have a pony.

Hector: Don't try to cheer me up, Eliwood! I have to face reality... my... my pony is gone... forever... But... that is why I must fight! So that no one should ever feel the sorrow I had felt that day! You're right, Eliwood!

Eliwood: ... Right about what?

Hector: For all that is good, we shall not lose this battle! *leaves*

Eliwood: I... Okay then.

It is my favorite scene... and it never showed up in the damn hack. ;-;

• The map was going to have enemies named "Gardener" on it, and Hector would have a personal battle quote with them.
  • You still need to recruit Lucius with Raven, but I think this time, it doesn't kill Raven. You just get both.
  • Like Bartre, killing Bauker doesn't ACTUALLY kill him. Instead, he begrudgingly lets you stay in his home since he can't do anything about it.
  • In both castles, after their talk with its owner, Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn proceed to watch TV. And how do I depict this? With the classic "Lyn in her hut" CG that starts the original game! But of course, with a twist... The conversation that follows this image goes something like...

Hector: Awww yeah!! Sex time!

Lyn: Wh-what the hell is this!?

Eliwood: Oh, you don't remember that porn video you did with the FE7 tactician, Lyn?

Hector: This is the part where you start givin' him head!

Lyn: OH GOD! WHY!?

And then the chapter ends.

• The map you see is the second version of the Episode 4 map that was going to be used. The original...

Episode4MapVersion2scrn-1.jpg

...was kinda boring, but it had an isolated island with a Ballista and archer on it. At some point, Bauker comments that with this ballista, Eliwood doesn't stand a chance. The camera pans to the archer, who then says "... How did I get here?". In this version though, there is no ballista, so I removed the joke.

• Here's some screenshots of the completed Episode 4 that I still have laying around.

1SaveScreen.png2Iguessyouwereright.png3scoutingpowers.png

4wannabeontop.png5Miserablemountains.png6Andwatching.png

7ICARLY.png8Cuttinghimtopieces.png9Genderchange.png

10Crashatyourplace.png11Scripted.png12Iwasontoyou.png

13Betray.png14socialinjustice.png15HDTelevision.png

19how.png20lynclothes.png21howsitgoing.png

22lunarsword.png24bleedingdead.png25trees.png

26magicpony.png27cowards.png28gay.png

29Lucianna.png

I think that's everything about Episode 4. I'd reinsert the text, but I cannot find it...

Unfinished Chapters

Chapter 5: The Battle-Bound Beauty

Episode5MapVersion2scrn-1.jpg

Like the original, I was ready to pull all stops and go full ambition mode.

Revised Edition aimed to improve on Old Fire Mumblem in all departments, as well as add new content. This chapter was no exception, and it already had loads of stuff in it. Most of note, I was going to have Eliwood and Co. fight against a band of mercenaries, lead by a seductive femme fatale shaman and her co-leader, a dopey blue haired mercenary. This resulted in my first splice.

Lussaria.png

Seph1212 helped me greatly with it, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with it. I never liked making portraits. I found them very hard to do, so for the first time ever, I asked for outside help to make a portrait for this character. I drew concept art so that they would have an idea of what I was looking for.

LussariaColoredIn.png

And then, like an angel from the heavens, SquareRootOfPi descended from the skies and blessed me with this work of art.

Lucy.png

And thus, Lussaria was born. She was originally going to be a villain working for MarkyJoe, but since Revised Edition never made it past Episode 4, she ended up in limbo for a VERY long time. She was going to be a reoccurring character like Evil Lyn, but eventually, she would join your team and you'd have another shaman.

Feltyn.png

And of course, we had Feltyn, who was made by Nickt. Was also stuck in limbo for a long time. The rest of the mercenaries were not going to be named or given portraits until Chronicles of Lussaria.

The only other notable change to Episode 5 that I recall was that Sophia was going to be unpromoted and have very poor stats. Karel was going to defend her from attacks, and you had to make it there before Karel bites it.

Also, Sophia would join your team much earlier. Possibly after the chapter ends. Her bases were terrible (Worse than FE6), but since she joins much earlier, her stats relative to the enemies wouldn't be so bad. On top of that, her growth rates were extremely high. I think they were in the one and two hundreds. Within very little time, she'd basically trivialize the game.

Chapter 6: The Wrath Of Glass

No map here, but it was going to be smaller than the original as well as given a very strange gimmick that I have yet to see be done in any other hack. The castle would have grey tiles. After a few turns, or when a button is pressed (not sure which), they would turn into wall tiles to give a raising/lowering walls effect. You would have to work around this gimmick to reach and defeat Super Saiyan Glass.

I don't remember if Sain and Kent were going to be involved this time around.

Chapter 7: UNTITLED (Would probably name it "The Hacker's Gambit" or something like that)

DefenseMissionscrn.jpg

Like the remade Episode 6, this was going to be heavily different from the original. Around this time, I was becoming more and more fascinated with the idea of defense missions. I believe I had been watching MageKnight404's commentary on Radiant Dawn, and he had a lot to say about the level design of these missions. Eager to put his opinions into practice, I challenged myself to make one. An utterly insane one.

I remember very little about how this chapter was going to play out, but I do recall that the boss/leader of the enemies was going to be me, and I think Evil Lyn was going to be there too, and maybe Gidepark and Zepkref. The left village was placed deliberately close to where I would be, so you'd have to work around my attack range.

Chapter ?: Finale

The final chapter was going to be something of a parody of FE7's final battle. I took the place of Nergal, and instead of the morphs, you would fight the main villains of every Fire Emblem game.

Other Stuff

Episode3MapVersion20-1.jpg

An older version of Episode 3 Revised.

Episode3MapVersion2scrn.jpg

Another version.

Eliwoodlooking.png

The alternate Eliwood portrait. Used to fit his battle palette.

HectorNormal.png

Hector's alt palette.

hard.png

This one's interesting. I actually made a hard mode version of Fire Mumblem, but it was way more than a hard mode. Completely different enemies and enemy placement and changed chapter objectives. In particular, Episode 2's secret ending forced you to FIGHT Billy instead of getting the Burninate spell from Evil Lyn. He had nerfed defenses and came with minions. If you tried to lure him to Evil Lyn, she'd say "Oh shit! It's Billy! I'd better get out of here!" and she'd leave. The house that gave you the Evil Lyn hint instead said "If you wake Billy, you're on your own, buddy."

So basically, it wasn't really a hard mode so much as a "Version B" of Revised Edition.

ScreenShot19TitleScreen-1.png

Alternate title screen.

Episode3xMapVersion2scrn.jpg

The original Episode 3x was going to reuse Cog of Destiny's map. However, I found it boring to play and made my own map.

Problem.png

Me fiddling around in Tile Layer Pro, which is what I use to edit weapon icons.

Of note is that there's a PS3 controller in there. This was going to be the Earth Seal of the game. Its description was going to be "Life Upgrade", inspired by Chris Chan's description of his PS3.

There's also the Lunar Bow, Axe, and Lance in there, and the "Bad" variations of each weapon type.

All of this should give you an idea of why I regret not finishing this hack. I had a lot of stuff already done, and the hack only had a little more way to go until it was finished. I recently replayed the hack because I wanted to surprise you by continuing it, and sending you the update, claiming it was a "fix for a minor bug", only to reveal a completed Episode 4, 5, 6, and 7, with the promise of further updates.

But alas... I couldn't get myself started.

Why the hack discontinued

As I mentioned before, BuringPenitentEngine and I fell out, Luis went missing for a while and I was left alone to rot in my misery for a while, dealing with the drama happening at home, with very little respite. I gave up on Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition and instead focused on my FE Hack Review videos. I felt the comments and love of my viewers could distract me from the things that were happening. While I used to be a very cheery commentator, my pent up feelings of anxiety, guilt, and self-hatred turned me into the MarkyJoe you know today.

And really, that's one of the reasons I enjoy doing commentary. I'm such a nervous wreck that it's nice to have something that allows me to unload all those bottled up emotions. In fact, I know this sounds nuts, but I kind of LIKE getting angry. Surely, that's not a healthy way to act, and I'm sure you know that it has gotten me into trouble before, what with Archibald challenging me to improve Tale 3 of Elibian Nights. Not to mention some of the backlash Ragefest 3 got because of how ungrateful I was about all the high-effort submissions it got.

And now, I find myself unable to sit down and hack FE. It's almost like I have a mental block. I could sit down in front of my computer for tens of minutes, telling myself that I'll work on something, and then just... not do anything.

Eventually, with the help of GhastStation, I realized that I needed to get away from this community. I needed to reflect on myself and re-evaluate my role in the community. I've been pouring out my soul to Ghast and a few others, and they've been very supportive. I feel that chatting in this thread has helped me recover as well. I still have a way to go though.

Maybe someday, I will return and we can all enjoy a fresh new Fire Mumblem, complete with all the sex jokes and poor taste in the world. XP

Not really gonna fill it with sex jokes. I learned my lesson.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

New Fire Mumblem is easily the best out of the hacks we've played yet. The levels aren't super-boring and tedious, even if they aren't that challenging or innovative either (except for Episode 2, that was pretty cool). The story still made no sense, and was full of writing ranging from bad to inappropriate. Either way, I did kind of, sort of, enjoy this hack. Just a little. If it had been finished, it probably would have turned out as a fairly mediocre hack.

This hack has not aged as well as I thought it did. It's got loads of ideas. I just wish I had better balanced it and made the maps more concise. I think it could have been more than a mediocre hack, but I obviously needed more than just BuringPenitentEngine to critique it and provide feedback.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Just gonna reply to Markyjoe's replies for now, I'll post an actual update later:

Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition Episode 3 time~

What surprises me is that I had the sense to not only give the player a thief, but also a Torch staff in this chapter. Do you have any idea how many hacks DON'T do this?

Yeah, that would be an annoyingly large amount of them. FoW is kind of trial-and-error difficulty if you don't have SOME way to counter it.

I personally don't see anything wrong with sex jokes. I don't see anything wrong with racist jokes, and I don't see anything wrong with rape jokes. I feel like sex jokes only have a bad reputation because...

1) We live in a rather uptight nation that is more hostile towards seeing a naked woman in the media than they are against something actually harmful and traumatizing, like murder.
2) Because of the above, it is a form of shock humor, which is frequently used by people who aren't actually funny, but get laughs because of the surprise factor.
3) Because of the above, we have a stigma against sex jokes due to their frequent misuse.

Anything can be funny. The execution is what counts. If we can laugh at manslaughter, then there is no reason we cannot laugh at sex.

Now, with that said... *holds up flame shield*

To be honest, it's not your sex jokes I hate (I actually find them rather entertaining) it's that they really push my intended PG-13 rating for these LPs.

You're going to cheat the chapter...?

Eh... I'm a little saddened by this, but I do wonder if this would have been more interesting if done the intended way.

Ah well. Your LP I guess.

Really, I was just kind of tired of dealing with these hacks. I probably should have just gone the normal way.

I still believe she's very good. I played Episode 4 recently, and she does A LOT with those bases and weapon ranks. Not to mention, she's mounted. Ya never give the lass enough credit!

True, I guess I shouldn't call her bad when I haven't even tried to use her.

The idea for this boss was that he would have unimpressive stats, but compensate by having many attack options that give him an advantage. No matter what, he will always deal damage if you give him the opportunity, and he's got plenty of speed (And HP!) to make it meaningful in some way.

There are so many things I didn't give nearly enough credit.

Is there a patch that gives effectiveness weapons a x3 bonus instead of x2? I like x3 better.

With you there, it makes that effectiveness really feel EFFECTIVE.

Isadora will not move no matter what, but she will always attack if an enemy is in her immediate attack range. Hand Axe is her only ranged weapon. So that's why she used it.

I know, I just LOVE blaming the AI for making stupid decisions it couldn't possibly have not done. If you get what I mean.

Ah yes... short bows... and everyone giving them 1-2 range...

Those were the days. Glad they are over.

There are MANY ways to make bows more useful than essentially turning all archers into walking javelins.

Episode 3x Replies... Ugh. This chapter.

Remember Super Hard Lyn Mode?

Remember that bow wielding Myrmidon?

Remember that NPC pirate wearing black?

Those are these guys. Gidepark was the name I gave Guy back in my old comics, and Zepkref was Adam's name in my comics.

Oh, also fun fact. The portraits of Gidepark and Zepkref were made by Seph1212. He's come quite a long way, eh?

Oh man! It makes sense! I UNDERSTAND NOW!

And it's really inaccurate to how I was back then. I was vicious. I got into fights at school often because I refused to take anyone's nonsense. I didn't care if you were bigger and stronger than I was, if you said something to me, I'd say something back. I didn't care if whether I got hurt or not.

But time passes and - after my exposure to the poisonous Mugen community - I became a lot more self conscious and afraid to stand up for myself.

I recently talked about this with a friend of mine not too long ago. It seems hard to believe that I crumbled because of stuff people said online rather than the fights and bullying I dealt with in school, but... *shrug* that's just how I remember it.

So basically, my point is, I'm pretty sure this Markyjoe - If I were writing him accurately when I did this - woulda told Athos to screw off and die so he can tarnish this game in peace

Wow, no wonder you hate/dislike this version of you so much...it's kind of a weird reflection of your own personality shift...

Aw... I like this line. ;-;

It triggers memories of my own readings of screenshot LPs of bad Pokemon hacks, which used lines like that. In this specific case, I was probably wrong.

This was made around the time I was very, VERY against ambush spawns (FE11 did not sit well with me at the time). However, whenever I find a mechanic that I don't like, I like to analyse the mechanic and find a way to make it fun. This was the result.

I agree with all the flaws you pointed out, but I still like what you did WAY better than Fe13-style trollreinforcements.

Let me say that I 100% agree that my Revised Edition self-insert is poorly written, and I feel VERY uncomfortable defending him, especially since I'm pretty sure you meant nothing bad by it.

-mary sue stuff-

I was kinda joking when I said it, but yeah, I really shouldn't use such terms too lightly. I've seen a great many definitions of Mary Sue, and I use a more inclusive definition than most, that is, a character who has no visible major flaws. I could go on a long talk about how flaws are important, but your self-insert HAS a flaw, being kinda weak(albeit ONLY in story, it's the opposite in gameplay). So yeah.

Athos's super radar, plus the ability to just teleport in all whilly nilly with troops makes it kind of hard to actually beat him. You basically can't sleep. Ever. Or do anything without the fear of attack. The guy can attack at any point in time, and if I didn't have just that happen, the writing would be even stupider.

... Of course, it JUST occured to me that maybe I could have covered this up with "Marky and Co can teleport out of the hack" or something. That seems legit...

*facepalm*

That moment when you realize you could have done something totally different looking back... I have those a lot.

Revised Edition Final Replies. I hope you guys are ready for one hell of a big post.

... Was 98% complete and inserted, but this version lacks it for some reason.

Comments like these really make me think there's a "more complete" version floating around somewhere out there.

Bauker is surprised when Eliwood dodges. Eliwood, angry, says he knew Bauker would attack all along because "He's not wearing pants", which he knows is what Bauker always does when he has malicious intent.

That's...actually pretty funny!

Both Castles are supposed to be seizable. The bottom one is locked however, and doesn't open until you defeat Charlie the Warrior. I don't know if this is functional in the current version.

It's not.

Demigo.png

That looks pretty cool, actually! Really, uh, fits Fire Mumblem.

Eliwood: Why are there trees growing randomly on this field?
Hector: *Angry face* Gardeners!!
Eliwood: Hector...?
Hector: We can't go on, Eliwood. it's too dangerous!
Eliwood: What utter nonsense. For what reason should we fear gardeners?
*Sad music plays*
Hector: ... It was my 12th birthday. My friends and I were gathered around the backyard eating cake... with my pony. I loved that pony with all of my heart, but then, she was cut in two by the horrific shears of our gardener... I can still remember the cries of pain as her life was destroyed in an instant!!
Eliwood: Uh... Hector. That was a pinata. You didn't have a pony.
Hector: Don't try to cheer me up, Eliwood! I have to face reality... my... my pony is gone... forever... But... that is why I must fight! So that no one should ever feel the sorrow I had felt that day! You're right, Eliwood!
Eliwood: ... Right about what?
Hector: For all that is good, we shall not lose this battle! *leaves*
Eliwood: I... Okay then.

It is my favorite scene... and it never showed up in the damn hack. ;-;

That sounds like it would have been great...

Lucy.png

Oh man, it ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Like the remade Episode 6, this was going to be heavily different from the original. Around this time, I was becoming more and more fascinated with the idea of defense missions. I believe I had been watching MageKnight404's commentary on Radiant Dawn, and he had a lot to say about the level design of these missions. Eager to put his opinions into practice, I challenged myself to make one. An utterly insane one.

That mission looks like it would have been interesting. Defense missions are by far my favorite type of mission when they're done right(most hackers use them as "slaughter everything ON A TIME LIMIT", which isn't the right thing to do, I feel). Out of all normal FE missions, Rausten defense from FE8 and the Thria/Ostia fort defense from FE7 were pretty much my favorites.

An older version of Episode 3 Revised.

That would have basically been OFM Episode 3 all over again, glad you didn't use it.

All of this should give you an idea of why I regret not finishing this hack. I had a lot of stuff already done, and the hack only had a little more way to go until it was finished. I recently replayed the hack because I wanted to surprise you by continuing it, and sending you the update, claiming it was a "fix for a minor bug", only to reveal a completed Episode 4, 5, 6, and 7, with the promise of further updates.

But alas... I couldn't get myself started.

Awww....that would have been totally amazing... I know what you mean about the mental block thing, I sometimes have that problem too...

Anyways, thanks a bunch for your comments, they give me a massive ego boost entertainment! Soon we'll be through Corruption of Roy and onwards to Chronicles of Lussaria! Hopefully...

The Corruption of Roy: Part 5: GOOD NEWS! We're ALMOST halfway done!

WARNING: Long update inbound!

bG6SmJx.pngfEZifKH.png

I open the door and get into the cell. Time to do some civilian-talking!

HAs6yoB.png

Looking back, it turns out that I didn't actually need this for some special purpose, and it really was the "out" for those who couldn't win all along.

u1jYFY2.png

Let's get that lady on the team!

QZ1NcCa.png

I just wish it didn't take so long to get Lilina to a C...

GsnHcot.png

Okay, hopefully she has something good for us!

mTEtiM8.png7Fxlck0.png

Uh...

*Cue fade to black. And when it comes back...*

WEjbSDu.png

Uh...

Xn8nY3K.png

UH...

rIXYfuP.png

The eyes are his BLINK SPRITE...

wDrtGh4.png

Ruban: If you survive, you win. If you don’t… Hehehehe… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Eh heh... heh...

n5wKWZX.pngziBZLNM.png

Oh...oh no...

Hsy72nZ.png

What?

HNKhCqP.png

OH NO, I TOTALLY FORGOT.

MrYFYwv.png

N: Have fun :3

h4UwCIK.pnggKtk65y.png

So! Ruban! He's incredibly powerful, with nigh-infinite defense. But, remember the special property of the Devil Axe? Specifically, BEING ABLE TO HURT IT'S USER? Yeah. It's luck-based, but at least he has 0 luck, and he's totally avoidable.

If we win, though...

cu5P4rN.png

Yeah. I'd savestate-load, but I WANT this.

otRH4Wh.pngNTX4lcP.png

Sophia is then sniped through the wall. Man.

7mJLMfG.png

Okay, I'll wait a moment and have someone else open the door.

Zm5DOyM.png

FIRST TRY! Didn't even need to RNG abuse!

99ZD1jC.png68E356i.pngi4uYSSf.png

HA! HA! HA!

0VBNc8z.png

Mine now!

Unfortunately, Clarine got no XP, it would have been amazing if she was the first troubadour to get a level from kill XP!

zTGjsg7.png

He has enough HP to survive a hit, and he WON'T counterkill the enemies and leave himself open!

zOEArFC.png

I'm still paranoid about time, so I'll risk a soldier if I can recruit her earlier.

nWTdKJY.png

Oh?

SZl5bnD.png

...Of course.

QKBY7K7.pngNsF3eUZ.png

N: Woo.

JqqqnFV.png

Anyways, Fir gets this weapon. She won't be THAT helpful(and, in fact, will later become my greatest enemy), but I need everyone I can get!

2sizRBv.png

Please, please don't be another trap...

1ZIcFSD.png

Leila: Are you going to the main floor? If so, you’re in for a very rough battle. Strong enemies await you. I wish I could help, but I can’t fight. All I have is this speedwing. You can have it. It makes your movements faster. It should be helpful in the upcoming battle.

G1iuULz.png

Thank you! Unfortunately, I never used any statboosters this LP.

3lfcCF6.png

Yup, STILL coming. They just never end.

DzfM2vx.pngb98b9xi.pngdQDfdsh.png

More combat occurs as I clear out the two-range enemies. Also, that Nosferatu will be VERY helpful.

e0VeBxF.png

See this myrm?

qXTULSq.png

Yeah. He's dangerous, but this works VERY well in Fir's hands(or, eventually, very against me).

zTsUJD6.png

One-shot!

PUoR1eO.png

Crap, I don't want to drop anything! SAVESTATE!

(Also, I never noticed how it will still give you the stats you WOULD have if you equipped a weapon you can't equip)

yRE2oja.png

One last okay level for Cath...

cGCyZjn.png

And a bad one for Shigeid...

nrrELIq.png

And it's time to venture up the FINAL PATHWAY, for the LAST BIT of BS, WHICH IS...

rHXuAmd.png

A...a...LOCKED DOOR!??!?

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

IxSSrGN.png

The soldiers are still coming, and still trash. I guess we could grind off them, but I don't feel like it.

0uOZOmt.png

And there isn't even a boss behind the door!

dh3LeMM.png

I missed two chests, with the iron rune and torch, but I can't go back without Damian appearing, and I probably don't need them...right?

DYyRmME.png

YEAH!

TnmjDSe.pngPEYc66S.png

The rest of this update will now be dialogue.

Sophia: …Yes, Lilina?

Lilina: Could you tell me a bit about Roy…? I…Maybe it’ll give us an idea of what Roy was thinking when he planned this all out.

Sophia: … Alright. Roy has told me many things… Did he ever tell you how he felt about his father?

Lilina: He… rarely ever mentioned him, come to think of it.

Sophia: He… resented him…

C36XiNL.png

Fade to white?

jMrMchW.pngOxWcMwH.png

FLASHBACK TIME!

Eliwood: You look too exhausted to continue further.

Roy: Haff… Father…

Eliwood: Yes, my son?

Roy: Why… do we train so hard? I’ve never seen Lilina or anyone else be pushed… this much… everyday. …It’s maddening.

RSYu3Y6.png

Well everybody, it's official. Roy was totally justified to resent Eliwood.

sjIX8l3.png

Eliwood: You aren’t ready to hear the truth, my son.

Roy: Stop treating me like a child! I’m 15 years old! How much longer do I need to deal with this until you finally acknowledge that I am a man!

fRZsFiD.png

Wow, he caved fast.

Roy: … Truthfully?

Eliwood: Yes. But when you hear it, you will not believe me.

Roy: If it is the truth, then I will have no reason to doubt you.

Eliwood: Very well. Do you remember the story your mother used to tell you?

Roy: I do. It was about a man named Nergal, who gained immense power and tried to take control of dragons. However, a noble named Lywel caught wind of Nergal’s plan, and then recruited a large army to defeat him.

What?

lsDb5EB.png

Uh...

RuXzLtb.png

Eliwood: Some details were embellished, but the story really did happen.

Roy: I don’t see any proof. I’ve also asked the people in the nearby villages.

0HRNxy0.png

How?

jjfqBOP.png

WHY?

Okay, the whole Nergal thing was a MASSIVE event that led to:

1: Laus getting owned

2: Tons of deaths on the Black Fang's part, who all knew what was happening and would have likely told their families

3: A direct attack on Ostia's main castle and surrounding city

4: Caelin getting taken over at one point

5: A legendary and awesome tactician becoming well known

6: A failed assassination attempt to Bern's prince

7: Lots of other stuff

Not only would it be VERY hard to keep something like that secret, there's no REASON to-after all, wouldn't it essentially just massively increase the PR of the lords of those countries? Now, I didn't play FE6, so that might have actually been part of the plot, but...it still doesn't make sense.

Anyways, back to the game:

Eliwood: Only a few people know it happened.

Roy: I still don’t believe you. What does that story have to do with my training anyway?

Eliwood: It has everything to do with it. The hero of the story was not named Lywel. He was named Eliwood.

Roy: Then… that means you were the one who defeated Nergal, huh?

Eliwood: Yes. With some help of course.

Roy: I still don’t see the connection.

Eliwood: Right. Well when we defeated Nergal and the dragons he summoned, our friends Archsage Athos collapsed of exhaustion. With his dying words, he spoke of a prophecy. “An evil star rises in Bern. All of Elibe will be once again awash in blood. But do not fear. Once again, Lycia brings hope.” I have held these words very close in mind when training you.

Roy: ……

Eliwood: …I knew you wouldn’t believe me.

What...WHY TELL HIM THEN?

Roy: …This is the last time I listen to your rubbish. I’m out of here.

7S7kKa2.png

Yes Eliwood, you could POSSIBLY have handled that better!

But really, I'm going to save my main comments on the plot for when it's actually over.

EXb58VY.png

RRD: Aren’t you going to do anything?

Eliwood: If I force him to come back, he will just hate me even more.

RRD: But what about his safety?

Eliwood: Roy is a capable young man. I trust that he won’t get himself into any danger.

RRD: I see.

lZqd2zm.png

And now, BACK TO NORMAL!

Lilina: If only he knew that what his father said was true…

Sophia: Eventually, he did… When he freed me from Bern, I lead his army to Arcadia. One day at Arcadia, he stood alone at the nearby lake. I was concerned, so I went over to him. He told me about how he used to hate his father for being so harsh with him all those years. But when he realized that prophecy was coming true, he acknowledged that his father was only doing what was best for his son. When he mentioned Athos… I told him Athos and I knew each other. He was astonished and asked me to tell him more… We talked for hours.

zumSVly.png

Sophia: Mhmm…

Lilina: Is there anything else?

Shuok2r.png

Sophia: He and his father reconciled… But his father would only live for a few more months until his sickness finished him… …Years of resentment, finally come to a close… Only for his father to die soon after…

hZY207t.png

No, it would have been sad if they hadn't reconciled before Eliwood died.

Sophia: Being the only heir, Roy became the marquess of Pherae… He was constantly under pressure, but I helped him greatly in keeping things in order.

mnkenI5.png

Lilina: …Do you think this is why he lost his mind?

Sophia: …I don’t know… but…

siilqu6.pngAAnuagP.png

!

BZnBHi2.png

It's Roy! Time for the confrontation!

D2bCmxa.pngc8ZX9pu.png

Come on, Sophia! Question him!

bCu8lOH.png

Roy: Pherae was invaded.

Sophia: ……

Roy: Why are you giving me that look? Stop wasting time!

Sophia: Why did you imprison me?

lCzYKLM.png

Uh...

Roy: I would never do such a thing!

Sophia: It’s written all over your face… Have you forgotten how observant I am? Besides… why are the guards bearing the crest of Pherae?

Roy: Because… well, you see…

EcooP9N.png

And thus, it turns out that Roy really WAS behind it all along!

Roy: You should have stayed in your cell, Sophia. I didn’t want to have to kill my beloved wife.

in3Zkbb.png

Roy: I will not let you obstruct my plans for Lycia. Hujix!

XvBtxJj.png

Roy: We have some pests to get rid of. Warp in some of the troops!

Hujix: As you wish, my lord.

ib6evzW.pngkeOihSa.png

Roy: You’re in for the fight of your life!

ZkJNxkY.png

Oh, GREAT!

Roy: See you later… If you live that long!

VFWfjTX.png

And now he's sitting on his throne, behind that massive wall of troops. Of course.

DeAq4C1.png

Sophia: Roy would… never… he… never… … … … …

You sure seemed eager to accept it when you were talking earlier!

Sophia: No… I can’t force myself to deny what happened. The Roy I loved is gone. Driven mad by power, broken under misery, I don’t care what reason it is anymore! I’m going to put an end to this madness… Roy… I’m coming…

I don't understand. Is Sophia trying to...I just...I don't know anymore! Let's get to the gameplay!

5de8WmZ.png

THANK you!

VuYln4O.pngJvifMOM.png

So, this was the trial-and-error tile thing Markyjoe mentioned...good thing I have savestates!

YQP6gzW.png

You can tell, just by looking at the map, that this chapter is going to be even WORSE than the last one. We'll wait until next time to actually look at it, though! See you guys!