Return of the Risen?

Ambulz

Monsters have their own Valhalla that they return to after being slain and are then reborn to fight again... I like it. Get to work, writers!

Perhaps the humans also have magic (Light magic!) that can prevent the reincarnation, which makes the monsters very angry.

Oh I like it! good addition for the light magic The Valhalla concept is even better than what I envisioned and the Nordic mentality ... Just Genius!

Perhaps the main conflict w/ the monsters could be the development of light magic and "blessed" weapons which we would find out have less than divine origins...

Oh I like it! good addition for the light magic The Valhalla concept is even better than what I envisioned and the Nordic mentality ... Just Genius!

Perhaps the main conflict w/ the monsters could be the development of light magic and "blessed" weapons which we would find out have less than divine origins...

This is the story I'm imagining. Monsters spend most of their time fighting amongst each other and only occasionally venture into human territory to clash with humans. The humans do their best to repel the monsters but many lives are lost. It's made worse for the humans when they discover that monsters are effectively immortal through reincarnation. To combat this, humans develop special magic and "divine" weapons capable of killing monsters for good and start pressing into monster territory to wipe them out.

Later in the story, the player discovers that because the monsters didn't have a concept of death, they didn't have any moral qualms with attacking human settlements and considered their conflict all in good sport...until humans developed their new weapons. Monsters are unable to reproduce so every time one is killed, the population will be permanently reduced. The monsters now faced with a threat that could wipe out their entire race reorganize their efforts to wipe out humanity and a full scale war breaks out. Both sides consider the other to be a great evil over a misunderstanding of the value of life.

I kind of like the duality of monsters and humans because while monsters are immortal due to reincarnation, humanity as a whole is in a sense immortal because they can reproduce.

Perhaps some of the less axe-crazy monsters who are capable of human speech (I always liked fiction where the dragons are hyper intelligent and interested in arcane knowledge) are recruit-able into your army and they shed light on the war through their own perspective.

This is the story I'm imagining. Monsters spend most of their time fighting amongst each other and only occasionally venture into human territory to clash with humans. The humans do their best to repel the monsters but many lives are lost. It's made worse for the humans when they discover that monsters are effectively immortal through reincarnation. To combat this, humans develop special magic and "divine" weapons capable of killing monsters for good and start pressing into monster territory to wipe them out.

Later in the story, the player discovers that because the monsters didn't have a concept of death, they didn't have any moral qualms with attacking human settlements and considered their conflict all in good sport...until humans developed their new weapons. Monsters are unable to reproduce so every time one is killed, the population will be permanently reduced. The monsters now faced with a threat that could wipe out their entire race reorganize their efforts to wipe out humanity and a full scale war breaks out. Both sides consider the other to be a great evil over a misunderstanding of the value of life.

I kind of like the duality of monsters and humans because while monsters are immortal due to reincarnation, humanity as a whole is in a sense immortal because they can reproduce.

Perhaps some of the less axe-crazy monsters who are capable of human speech (I always liked fiction where the dragons are hyper intelligent and interested in arcane knowledge) are recruit-able into your army and they shed light on the war through their own perspective.

Thats actually pretty good I like it not sure if I can improve it even someone translate this and send it to IS... (or try and one up this series)