Will this have exclusive content for the N3DS?

HeartTranquil

Gee this series has always been on Nintendo consoles since the NES, why isn't it on the XBone or PS4, I wonder?

Not a fair comparison. Rather ask why it isn't on the PSP. It would fit there quite well. The answer is: then the people who wanted to play fire emblem could easily buy the better handheld choice, the psp, instead of being forced to a 3ds.

Not a fair comparison. Rather ask why it isn't on the PSP. It would fit there quite well. The answer is: then the people who wanted to play fire emblem could easily buy the better handheld choice, the psp, instead of being forced to a 3ds.

Now you're just spewing nonsense. You can't apply a concept like "games being taken hostage" to something like Fire Emblem, or Mario. It's called console exclusives. And you know full well why Fire Emblem is exclusive to Nintendo systems. It's a second party series made by Intelligent Systems. Who do they work for? Ohh that's right. Nintendo! And unless IS should suddenly decide to go third party and/or be bought out by Nintendo's competitors, you won't be seeing them on any competing systems anytime soon. As far as Serenes is concerned, this is elementary knowledge, so please get your head out of the gutter and see the facts clear in front of you.

Now then...

I don't mind seeing some minor features that are N3DS exclusive, as long as they're just that. Minor. I want to be able to enjoy the bulk of the game like everyone else on my FE:A Special Edition 3DS. And there ain't no way I'm giving that up for a N3DS, even if they release a FE: If Special Edition system.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

So... you're just port begging because wahh the 3DS doesn't have good enough graphics? Get over it. That, and the PSP is dead, I don't know the status of the Vita, but that is the newest Sony handheld out right now. Don't forget that FE is both a handheld and home console series.

It's what you call it when you have to buy a specific console just to play a specific game or game series, because that game or series doesn't appear on any other systems. Thats when they call it "holding a game series hostage". Or do you think fire emblem will come out on psp? No? Didn't think so.

If a company makes a product, they aren't going to let other companies profit off of their ideas. That's a basic principle of business. Do you think this is some kind of conspiracy?

Ugh, I'm getting sick just reading this. Horrible direction, Nintendo is currently going.

Edit: Not sure if I really understood what you meant so, whatever... amiibo-DLC sucks.

I think it's just for diehard fans and not for your average player. I wouldn't worry about Amiibos becoming the primary or exclusive method of getting additional content. I'm not planning on buying many if any because the amount and quality of content you can get from them is unknown

Edited by NekoKnight

Amiibo crap is likely so you'll have to buy an adaptor or a new 3ds.

I'm really not looking forward to amiibo integration. Hopefully we have card releases by then. Even if they don't release them in NA I'd rather import a set of cards than spend 200$ on 4 FE figures because they decided to make 12 of them or miss out on some on disc paywall-locked content.

Hopefully there would be a FE themed N3DS to go along with the new game.

Knowing that this game will probably be released well into the N3DS's life cycle, I'm pretty sure that it will have exclusive content for N3DS or even be N3DS exclusive.

Edited by VincentASM

Knowing that this game will probably be released well into the N3DS's life cycle, I'm pretty sure that it will have exclusive content for N3DS or even be N3DS exclusive.

This game is going to be released later this year though (at least, in Japan), which will have meant that by the time this is released, the New 3DS will have been out for about a year (in Japan)...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Hopefully there would be a FE themed N3DS to go along with the new game.

I hope there's a FE themed 3DS as well, though please please PLEASE without the availability issues of the Majora or Monster Hunter ones.

However I doubt there will be a problem of it being a N3DS exclusive, since it appears to be running off of Awakening's engine? Or at least that's what the trailer made it look like - similar graphics, extremely similar UI, and the cutscene-like animations appeared to be of the same animation quality/artstyle of Awakening.

Of course this is just speculation on my behalf and I could be totally wrong.

(Note: is a thread that hasn't been posted on in a week counted as necroing? It was still on the front page of this forum when I posted ^^;)

• 3 weeks later...

This game is going to be released later this year though (at least, in Japan), which will have meant that by the time this is released, the New 3DS will have been out for about a year (in Japan)...

Since we got the N3DS last month before the new FE even had a release date in America, its most likely going have N3DS exclusive features at best, and at worse be N3DS exclusive. I'm OK with the idea of Amiibo, but I'd rather have the DLC system from Awakening really.

Edited by Goonachu