Rest Easy...

Starman

Today i have heard such shocking news

one of the most recognizable faces in science fiction, one of the most recognizable faces in acting in general, one of the most talented actors I've got the chance to witness has passed away

Rest in peace Leonard Nimoy, you've lived a long and prosperous life

Leonard Simon Nimoy

xsrT1z3.jpg

March 26, 1931 – February 27, 2015

Anyone else at this point just kinda getting a 'meh' feeling? I think it was after Michael Jackson died, I just started getting number and number to each beloved celebrity that dies. I look at the current 'celebrities' of today, and all I see is Nicki Minaj, the Kardashians, Miley, Bieber, etc. I feel like the era of the greats is over and we no longer have any truly good movie stars. Liam Neeson, maybe. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson? (Spare me). And we're losing all of the best celebrities of the past era bit by bit. Betty White will probably pass soon, and that's gonna reaaaaally suck. We already lost Whitney Houston, MJ, Spock, Richard Attenborough, Robin Williams, Shirley Temple... too many to list here. At this point I'm just making mental bets as to who we lose next.

Unfortunately Klok, you hit the nail on the head...the younger crowd of celebrities just isn't as awesome in general as the older ones we're losing. Famous for stupid things, jerks, etc. I don't see Betty White slowing down anytime unless she gets deathly sick. She's just that badass/awesome. But when she does, yeah, it will be sad.

While I never got into Star Trek, I know how big of an impact this guy was and he will be missed. I wonder if The Big Bang Theory will do a tribute for him? That would be cool.

His last tweet: https://twitter.com/TheRealNimoy/status/569762773204217857

"A life is like a garden. Beautiful moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."

Well spoken Mr. Spock. RIP.

We've lost the King of Rock (Elvis), King of Pop (MJ), King of Comedy (Robin Williams), Queen of Singing (Whitney Houston), and some of the greatest directors of times past, like Hitchcock. I really see nobody stepping up to replace them.

Edited by Klokinator

We've lost the King of Rock (Elvis), King of Pop (MJ), King of Comedy (Robin Williams), Queen of Singing (Whitney Houston), and some of the greatest directors of times past, like Hitchcock. I really see nobody stepping up to replace them.

Even if somebody did try to be as great as say Elvis was at rock and roll, they wouldn't replace him. Everyone is an individual. There can be a new King of Rock but he would be compared to Elvis and that wouldn't be fair to either. Same goes for the rest of those examples.