Relationship Poll! Four Questions :)

153 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fire Emblem:If have in-game Relationships?(End-game is another thing.)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should there be Homosexual Relationships?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want ANY relationships,at all,not even straight ones.
  3. 3. If yes,should there be a choice for the player,to set up characters "sexual preference",should it be random,or predestined by the game developers?

• Setting it up!
    • Random~
    • The choice lies with the game maker,not me!
    • I answered no.
  4. 4. End-Game,should you be able to have a bit of more choice in the character endings,romantically,I mean.

• Yes
    • No

I think it's funny how much they try to rely on subtext to hint at who might be gay and then they have things like incest more out in the open. You can have Morgan marry her uncle among other things in Awakening

I concur.

Personally,it should be an option in the game, in my opinion, but it should not be required, nor should it be treated as avant-garde or comical.

If it isn't in the game, I'm not boycotting anything.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Yes, I don't see why not. Not a big fan of marriage system and such, but I won't complain if it comes back.

2 - Yes, I like the implied homosexual relationships we had in some of the previous games, so I'm all for it.

3 - The choice lies with the game maker, not me.

4 - Yes, I guess.

I think it's funny how much they try to rely on subtext to hint at who might be gay and then they have things like incest more out in the open. You can have Morgan marry her uncle among other things in Awakening

its a cultural thing homosexuality is unacceptable in Japan where as incest is more acceptable there. This is why we are unlikely to see relationship diversity. This is also why we get lolis (effectively an excuse for pedophilia) spammed at us in Japanese works. Before awakening FE was one of the best handled series in this regard but as of FE 13 the series has degenerated to standard Otaku faire...

Hence why I said that it is neither denied nor confirmed, even with Priam's existence because even his legitimacy has not been confirmed directly. NM stated that because it is in Priam's bio, it means it's official. I presented a similar case with Pelleas to demonstrate that what is written in the character's bios is not always 100% true.

This isn't a great argument. It's possible the information about Priam is false or non-canonical, but based on what we know right now it's highly probable Ike is heterosexual and had a son. Not certain, since, as you say, Intelligent Systems could change their mind, but probable.

This isn't a great argument. It's possible the information about Priam is false or non-canonical, but based on what we know right now it's highly probable Ike is heterosexual and had a son. Not certain, since, as you say, Intelligent Systems could change their mind, but probable.

This is neither here or there,Ike being gay or not(even though I do think he may have ended up with Soren if you go the route where he lives with him),what i'm asking is if you want homosexuality in the game. Not because of cultural reasons or whatever,just this one simply question.

Do you want it in the game?

Yeah seriously; it's not relevant considering we want actual homosexual relationships, not just speculated ones.

Anyway, I think the easiest way to go would be to not do the marriage/children system and just have marriage in paired endings, like in the GBA games.

Pretty sure if Priam were Ike's son, he would have claimed as much, so Ike having a son isn't highly probable.

I'll note that Fire Emblem uses 'descended from' synonomously with 'of the bloodline of', so Priam being off of Mist's family tree is quite possible. Anri never marries for instance, yet Marth is frequently referred to as Anri's descendant.