Terrible pairings in FE4

Yojinbo

What about Azel/Claud Briggid? So bad that Faval can't one shot Ishtar with Ichival!

It's kinda impossible to make Faval too bad though, Azel gives Patty the access to magic swords, and Claude gives alot of evasion via Luck. Which Briggid is gonna pass down anyways lol.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering, if you use hacking and set a female to be a lover with a child character (IE Fury marrying Levin!Corple), what happens?

given that i believe the game overrights character data between gens , that might not actually be possible, or at least not without moding the game so hard that any behavior would be mostly attributable to said moding, as opposed to how the game normaly works.

Edited by sirmola

Finn/Sylvia is indeed a bad pairing. Probably the one pairing in the game you don't want to do.

Lester also hates having magic dads. It just completely kills his potential.

Azel!Lester is probably the best of the MagicLesters, because he does get Pursuit and can use basically every non-Ichival bow. Unfortunately he inherits none of them so there's that hurdle to overcome. My last playthrough I did AzelAideen, and Lester was still quite useful. Not terrifyingly dangerous like Azel!Lana, but he was still useable. He was glued to the Skill Ring from Gen 1, though. And I may have given him a Power Ring later on.

Azel!Lester is probably the best of the MagicLesters, because he does get Pursuit and can use basically every non-Ichival bow. Unfortunately he inherits none of them so there's that hurdle to overcome. My last playthrough I did AzelAideen, and Lester was still quite useful. Not terrifyingly dangerous like Azel!Lana, but he was still useable. He was glued to the Skill Ring from Gen 1, though. And I may have given him a Power Ring later on.

Heh, I should try out Lewyn!Lester and see how much fun I'll have.

I just pulled up my Azel!Lester, he reached Level 27 and had some decent stats. His Speed was overwhelmingly good, and he capped (lol)luck. Strength was measly, and he had high (useless) magic. Azel!Lana, though... god tier.

Lana's good no matter who her father is, which is nice.

I'm still proud of a Lex!Lana I had in a run I did a while ago. Promoted by the beginning of Chapter 7. If only I gave her the Pursuit Ring.

Hmmm, Sylvia x Fin actually sounds retarded enough to rank very high among the worst pairings possible. I still think #1 worst pairing is Aideen x Holyn but forfeiting Fin's entire inventory and obsoleting his ability to pass down prayer sounds incredibly dumb.

Hmmm, Sylvia x Fin actually sounds retarded enough to rank very high among the worst pairings possible. I still think #1 worst pairing is Aideen x Holyn but forfeiting Fin's entire inventory and obsoleting his ability to pass down prayer sounds incredibly dumb.

not to talk about that his kids are useless with pursuit because they have nothing to do in combat

I think Fin!Sylvia isn't as bad as Holyn!Aideen simply because Leen and Corple pretty much function the same as any other pairing. Sure, prayer (and pursuit) and no inheritance outside rings suck, but Holyn!Lester is just useless.

If you want the worst results out of pairing Sylvia up with somebody it's gonna be a matter of how many resources you can waste because Leen is always gonna be Leen and Corple is always gonna be Corple. Levin x Sylvia also wastes a lot of good stats, holy blood and skills onto units that can't do shit with it but Fin x Sylvia looks pretty bad.

Nothing beats Aideen x Holyn though. It simultaneously gives you the second worse Lester possible [only Claude!Lester is worse] and the worst Lana. At least pairing up Aideen with Claude gives you a very good Lana, pairing up Aideen with Holyn gives you ... nothing.

Edited by Yojinbo

If you want the worst results out of pairing Sylvia up with somebody it's gonna be a matter of how many resources you can waste because Leen is always gonna be Leen and Corple is always gonna be Corple. Levin x Sylvia also wastes a lot of good stats, holy blood and skills onto units that can't do shit with it but Fin x Sylvia looks pretty bad.

Nothing beats Aideen x Holyn though. It simultaneously gives you the second worse Lester possible [only Claude!Lester is worse] and the worst Lana. At least pairing up Aideen with Claude gives you a very good Lana, pairing up Aideen with Holyn gives you ... nothing.

Okay, Aideen/Holyn is so bad it never even occurred to me, heh.

Part of the reason I consider Finn/Sylvia the bottom of the absolute barrel is the opportunity cost in making it. She shows up partway through Ch2. He leaves after Ch3. So you're either actively wasting turns sticking them together or you're misusing both of them on the field... for a really lousy payoff of squandered resources.

On the bright side, unlike some other bad Sylvia pairings, there is no way in hell you can accidentally pair her with Finn. At least it's not an outright gameplay hazard.

Azelxmage mom is kinda bullshit.

Azel is primarily paired to pass on Pursuit & MGC growths, should the paired mom have offensive mage kids.

He'd be a bullshit pairing for moms whose both kids are physical fighters e.g. Aira especially when her kids get Pursuit regardless; but similarly if a female's both kids would be using only magic tomes as offense, why pair with someone like Jamka, giving both the magekids 10% Mag growth?

Holyn/Sylvia is fun because Lunar Sword!Leen for days.

tbh Leen and Corple don't care who their father is, but that father would definitely be better off with other moms except say...Ardan (though Ardan/Fury is a neat pairing and probably the only Ardan pairing I've ever done in a run ever, so even then you could make a case for that)

Azel!Aideen makes a horrible lester lol.

As does Claude/Aideen. And Lewyn/Aideen.

If you want Lester to be usable, he'll want a non-magic dad. Lana is Lana and she'll always be alright no matter who her father is, but she'd be even better with a magic dad. So you'll pretty much have to decide if you want a staff-bot Lana/good Lester or a really good Lana/shit Lester.

Ardan honestly isn't even that bad a father. ArdanxAira is solid, ArdanxFury gives a good Fee, ArdanxTiltyu works in a similar way Lex!Tiltyu works and Ardan isn't a bad father for Faval either. Actually, promoted Ardan could pass down Bows and a Pursuit Ring to Lester to make him usable too. So it's really just ArdanxLachesis that completely sucks.

Holyn is a much worse father. HolynxAideen, HolynxLachesis, HolynxFury and HolynxTiltyu are all bad pairings. Aira has better husbands and HolynxBriggid is quite overrated.

Ardan honestly isn't even that bad a father. ArdanxAira is solid, ArdanxFury gives a good Fee, ArdanxTiltyu works in a similar way Lex!Tiltyu works and Ardan isn't a bad father for Faval either. Actually, promoted Ardan could pass down Bows and a Pursuit Ring to Lester to make him usable too. So it's really just ArdanxLachesis that completely sucks.

Holyn is a much worse father. HolynxAideen, HolynxLachesis, HolynxFury and HolynxTiltyu are all bad pairings. Aira has better husbands and HolynxBriggid is quite overrated.

Ardan is indeed a good father. He's just at a much lower priority than other fathers.

Holyn is indeed probably the worst father in the game.

Ardan's main problem is that he's essentially a worse version of Lex when it comes to parenting. I mean, he could probably pass down swords to Skasaha and bows to Lester, but otherwise he doesn't offer too much Lex doesn't. Of course, it means he's free when Lex isn't, but it's not really a point in his favour.

Holyn kinda works with physical pairings because his growths are alright. I've done HolynxLachesis and it kinda functions, except the kids don't have pursuit. He'd probably be awful with Tiltyu, since he'd offer literally nothing of value. Something like FinnxSylvia is kind of a waste but it's not the end of the world, Corple only really needs rings and Leen doesn't need much either.

Ardan is indeed a good father. He's just at a much lower priority than other fathers.

Holyn is indeed probably the worst father in the game.

Holyn is pretty terrible for a father, but at least he passes down good growths. Alec just sucks ballz.

If you want Lester to be usable, he'll want a non-magic dad. Lana is Lana and she'll always be alright no matter who her father is, but she'd be even better with a magic dad. So you'll pretty much have to decide if you want a staff-bot Lana/good Lester or a really good Lana/shit Lester.

AideenXfinn gives you both a lana with max magic on average (due to a +5 conversation) and a lester with good strength, while also giving them pursuit and prayer. It's still not perfect though, because lester gets no inheretence and lana can't use any rank b magic. Also, Both parents have high luck at the expence of other stats, which really doesn't synergise all that well. Still a good pairing, though.

As for brigid pairings, brigidXholyn was my favorite of the 3 i have tried so far, simply because it made patty more usable while also helping faval somewhat. Looking at the stats, however, it looks like my dew!faval was somewhat screwed, which biased me some what. I also tried jamka, but faval's hit was absolutely horrid.

As for abjectly horrible pairings, i have not yet tried any, Honestly, birgid! jamka might be the worst one that i have actually tried, simply because i really didn't get much use out of the multihit skills when faval's hit was so bad. It was still usable simply due to how good his other good stats were though.

AideenXfinn gives you both a lana with max magic on average (due to a +5 conversation) and a lester with good strength, while also giving them pursuit and prayer. It's still not perfect though, because lester gets no inheretence and lana can't use any rank b magic. Also, Both parents have high luck at the expence of other stats, which really doesn't synergise all that well. Still a good pairing, though.

As for brigid pairings, brigidXholyn was my favorite of the 3 i have tried so far, simply because it made patty more usable while also helping faval somewhat. Looking at the stats, however, it looks like my dew!faval was somewhat screwed, which biased me some what. I also tried jamka, but faval's hit was absolutely horrid.

As for abjectly horrible pairings, i have not yet tried any, Honestly, birgid! jamka might be the worst one that i have actually tried, simply because i really didn't get much use out of the multihit skills when faval's hit was so bad. It was still usable simply due to how good his other good stats were though.

Dew Faval is straight overkill grwoth wise

Holyn is pretty terrible for a father, but at least he passes down good growths. Alec just sucks ballz.

Alec passes down Pursuit and Nihil, both useful skills. The growths he passes down aren't the greatest, but he still isn't too bad as a dad.

Ah yes, Finn/Aideen is a solid pairing.

Jamke doesn't pass down the best skill growth. XD Still, he's a good father for units that are guaranteed to have good skill, such as the sword twins.

I really like pairings that aren't the generic Finn/Raquesis, Lex/Ayra, Lewyn/Fury, etc.

It adds more fun and variety to the game.

I think my overall favorite was Azel/Briggid because having a capped MAG Patty run around with a thunder sword was fun.