How do you forge a tome?

IceBrand

Canas's brothers turned into living... zombies? They don't think, move, speak, just... live, having fallen victim to the darkness.

Maybe that's where risen come from

The third thing intrigues me...so what if say, someone tries to cast dark magic and they don't have enough will power or strength etc? Would it backfire?

By that logic idk if my shaman OC Darcen makes sense. I guess he could have strong will power, but the main thing about his personality is he's a firm believer in karma, which is sometimes associated with spirituality which means light magic...

Idk...

Don't think so; the page is perfectly infused for a one time use. So if they find a tome they studied the words for way back in the past, but lacks the faith/emotion/willpower to cast the spell, nothing happens.

It is not said that shamans are not spiritual, your Darcen makes perfect sense to me. Karma is more sort of a spiritual mechanic (you get what you give), and I guess a bishop/cleric/monk would just explain it differently; they would probably thing that a divine unseen force is responsible whereas the shaman/druid/summoner/sorerer would think it is a type of scientifc magic that they have to study and explain.

It is not said that shamans are not spiritual, your Darcen makes perfect sense to me. Karma is more sort of a spiritual mechanic (you get what you give), and I guess a bishop/cleric/monk would just explain it differently; they would probably thing that a divine unseen force is responsible whereas the shaman/druid/summoner/sorerer would think it is a type of scientifc magic that they have to study and explain.

Well I wasn't going to up and change him anyway, but that's good to hear. I'd assume he'd know sciencey stuff. Honestly, despite having him for...well, he's newer than the wyvern rider twins and their cat laguz adopted brother, but older than my cavalier, myrmidon, and priest. The oldest OCs have been developed more. By older I mean created longer ago btw. As it is, the character development for him is the karma thing, what made him pick up dark magic in the first place, and an eventual romantic relationship and 3 kids(twin girls, one son)with one of Snowy's OCs.

The middle piece? An old lady being harassed by bandits gave him a dark tome after he went to get help, she was a retired druid and thought he had potential. Yeah...

Maybe it will eventually be his life goal to explain karma 100% with magical science.

His eventual wife has a life goal: mass producing magic weapons like wind edges. So that works!

I'm personally more interested in how the blacksmith repaired godlike books in FE4. How did he even get knowledge on that?

Sety's all "Hey Blacksmith, my legendary godlike cursader book is running low on uses, can you fix it?"

Blacksmith is all "Yeah bro gimme a minute."

Also forging tomes easy. Put the book in the fire then hammer away at it.... wait.

Blacksmithing was legendary in Jugdral times. I imagine they made quite the bank too.

His eventual wife has a life goal: mass producing magic weapons like wind edges. So that works!

Combine those two goals and they'll be looking for a legendary tome with the potential to destroy the universe. : [

Combine those two goals and they'll be looking for a legendary tome with the potential to destroy the universe. : [

OH GOD lol. No, I don't think so xD

Their kids would get ahold of it and that wouldn't be good. Most likely the girls, they're the oneriest. Since they're identical twins they like confusing people pretending they're the other and stuff like that. Luckily, their son is pretty mellow.

Fun fact: He's the only one of my OCs that has more than two kids. Because Snowy wanted them to have like 4. I said 3 was a good meet in the middle number...

Edited by Dragoncat

Haha, okay, their kids would play with it? Yeah, they would.

Darcen; "Kids, don't touch ye olde Tome of Eternal Darkness"

Kids; "Yes daddy!!!"

a few hours later....

Wife; "Darling, what is that outside? It sounds like the Apocalypse. Where is that Tome of...."

**GAMMA FLASH DESTROYS UNIVERSE**

Remind me to hire you as a consultant when I construct RPG characters in the future.

Haha, okay, their kids would play with it? Yeah, they would.

Darcen; "Kids, don't touch ye olde Tome of Eternal Darkness"

Kids; "Yes daddy!!!"

a few hours later....

Wife; "Darling, what is that outside? It sounds like the Apocalypse. Where is that Tome of...."

**GAMMA FLASH DESTROYS UNIVERSE**

Remind me to hire you as a consultant when I construct RPG characters in the future.

Somehow I don't think such a tome exists...lol and her name is Kelly, jsyk...their twin girls are Chandra and Sylene, their boy is Skiler...they are all mages/anima users like their mom. He's the only dark user in the family. But he doesn't care.

Ask Snowy One for more info on her. Or just read my fanfic in the writing board, Wings of Courage. They both appear in it.

*pats him* Boy, you don't know what you're getting yourself into... I mean his "spellslinging beorc whelps", as the cat laguz in the group calls them, might not blow up the universe with an uber powerful tome, but they WILL be typical kids.

In all seriousness, it is what is known as "gameplay and story segregation". It happens quite a bit in video games, dontcha know.

But it's fun to come up with explanations. Fanfic usually requires you to do so.

In all seriousness, it is what is known as "gameplay and story segregation". It happens quite a bit in video games, dontcha know.

This is no place for seriousness! Away with you and your logical way.

@Cat:

Well, it could be explained as the person who is "forging" the tome placing enchantments on it to further increase the tome's potency as a conduit for the power it grants. However, it is quite odd to have the blacksmith do it given that this sounds like something you would go to the vendor for. If it was up to me I'd have both of them be present in the battle preparations screen and have the blacksmith deal with swords, lances, axes and bows while the vendor deals with tomes and staves.

@Cat:

Well, it could be explained as the person who is "forging" the tome placing enchantments on it to further increase the tome's potency as a conduit for the power it grants. However, it is quite odd to have the blacksmith do it given that this sounds like something you would go to the vendor for. If it was up to me I'd have both of them be present in the battle preparations screen and have the blacksmith deal with swords, lances, axes and bows while the vendor deals with tomes and staves.

That's a good idea having it separate.

And yeah, that's pretty much what this topic has theorized.

Blacksmithing was legendary in Jugdral times. I imagine they made quite the bank too.

"Yo Blacksmith, my Holsety's running out!"

"I'll charge ya 1000g per page. Take it or leave it."

"What th-- ... fine."

Somehow I don't think such a tome exists...lol and her name is Kelly, jsyk...their twin girls are Chandra and Sylene, their boy is Skiler...they are all mages/anima users like their mom. He's the only dark user in the family. But he doesn't care.

Apocalypse is the strongest Elder Magic in all of Tamr- I mean, Elibe. Of course I said Elibe.

Apocalypse is the strongest Elder Magic in all of Tamr- I mean, Elibe. Of course I said Elibe.

But it doesn't actually destroy the world when it's used.