Virtual Console Games

Zephrion

Hanz sort of inspired me to make this topic. If anyone's downloaded any super special awesome VC games that they would like to recommend to others, post 'em here.

Unfortunately, the only games I've gotten are the ones most everyone knows about: Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Bros. (Great games, btw.) Once I get my hands on some Wii Points, I'll have to check out some lesser known titles.

I picked up a stack of points cards a few days ago and bought some stuff. Sin and Punishment is the single greatest thing I have played in a long long time.

I also have Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Harvest Moon, Shinobi III, and Streets of Rage. All games from my childhood...

I got

LoZ: OoT, because I didn't have it on the N64, and it is a great game

Paper Mario, because it is an awesome game, and well my cousins are "borrowing it" which means I'll never get to see it again

Yoshi's Story, because it was a game I really wanted (I even got a guide for it, go figure) and I never owned it...rented once...after Christmas 2001, so my time was split between it, SSBM, and Luigi's Mansion...

I also have 3000 points I'm holding onto...I'll use them when something I want comes on *glares at Kirby Super Star Saga and Super Mario RPG*

My VC games:

-F-Zero

-Simcity

-Kirby's Adventure

-Kid Icarus

-Military Madness

-Super Castlevania IV

-Actraiser (recommended)

-Lylatwars (Star Fox 64 in US) (recommended)

-F-Zero X

-Kirby's Dream Course

-Shining Force

-Wrecking Crew

-Ninja Gaiden

-Sin and Punishment (recommended)

-Super Metroid (recommended)

-Harvest Moon

-Phantasy Star II

Is the only difference between the newer Snap and the old one the ability to post pics on your wii?

Yeah, other than that, the gameplay's exactly the same, I believe. I loved Pokemon Snap back when I was a kid, and the ability to share pictures with your friends makes it even more appealing.

Once you send a picture to your mailbox, you can attach it to a letter and send it to friends that are in your Address Book. One of my friends sends me Pokemon Snap pictures all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list somewhere of something like "most downloaded games" or something of that degree anywhere? cuz i'd like to get some ideas to get more games besides the ones mentioned

I downloaded Gunstar Heroes and SIn and Punishment today... Gunstar Heroes is pretty fun. It's basically a side scrolling shooter, so if you're into that, by all means check it out.

Sin and Punishment is another great game. I have to thank Hanz for recommending it. :P

Is there a list somewhere of something like "most downloaded games" or something of that degree anywhere? cuz i'd like to get some ideas to get more games besides the ones mentioned

There's a 'Popular Titles' tab in the shop channel, if that's any indication. Otherwise, you can go to Nintendo.com to check out a gameplay video of the title you're looking for, though they're only like, 30 seconds long. If that fails, you can always go check out reviews for the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Paper Mario (ofcourse)

and

Donkey Kong Country 2 (best of the series and needed some platforming game to chill out with)

I think next is pokemon snap if i can share pics hehehe

I hope the other fire emblems will eventually be released on VC since we already have some Japanese only games

Good Games:

Ice Climber

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Adventure

Paper Mario

Balloon Fight

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

Shining Force

Pokémon Snap

StarFox 64

Yoshi's Story

Donkey Kong

Super Mario Bros. 3

Sin and Punishment

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Cruddy Games:

Kirby's Dream Course

What I've got on my Wii:

1080 Snowboarding

Star Fox 64

Actraiser

Paper Mario

Sin and Punishment

Sonic 2

Kirby's Adventure

Super Metroid

Super C

I've enjoyed pretty much all of these, I'd recommend all of them.

• 2 weeks later...