Help with getting into Chapter 23

Hi guys,

I am new here and was just wondering if I could get help regarding progression to chapter 23. Now I have all the divine weapons with two equipped in chapter 22, the rest being in storage. Do you need to have them equipped in chapter 22 in order to progress to chapter 23? Asking as upon beating Zephiel I was taken straight to the epilogue :/. Have also been advised that it maybe to do with the patch I have.

Thanks in advance for help

Odd indeed. Maybe you are supposed to bring them with you but they don't have to be equipped? IDK man.

Does the saint's staff count? I don't think so.

Edited by momogeek2141

Durandal, Miurge, Malte, Aureola, Sealed Sword, Armads, Apocalyspe and Forblaze right? Have em all

That's certainly all of them. I'm at a loss on this one. Would you mind uploading a snapshot/save file?

Does the Saint's Staff even count?

IIRC it doesn't.

Edited by Sirius

Well, the Binding Blade/Sword of Seals/fucking whatever has to be intact too but I doubt you would've exploded it so early.

EDIT: I can't read

Edited by Sophie

yeh will upload the save file in a second. btw nice profile pic sophie! Love the megaman zero series. hate how it was slated in the magazines back in GBA days

looks like i can't upload the file so will send pics. bare with me

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Wait a minute, you said you were being taken to the Epilogue straight from Chapter 22, correct? That probably means there's something wrong with either the translation patch you applied or the base ROM. I'm quite sure you can't skip 23.

I beat the resume save on a clean untranslated ROM and didn't get to Chapter 23 as well. Looking at the resume data and restart chapter data, I have to wonder if it's possible discard a legendary item on the "too many items" prompt when Merlinus is full.

Did you bring any legendary weapons to that chapter other than Armdas and Sealed Sword? Because that is all I see present in the resume data.

Nope. All the others are with Merlinus

if you restart the chapter though, it will show all of them with merlinus minus roy who was given apocalypse at the end of previous gaiden chapter. Not gonna lie pretty vexed about all this. Taken a year to get the game finished

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

https://www.mediafire.com/?cvq0aiyhzyw64xa

Make a backup of your current save file elsewhere. Then, rename the save file you wanna test to match your rom's filename (not counting the file extension) and paste it over the file currently being used by the game.

_ResumeC22 has a resume data so that you can go there, capture the throne and see if you move on to C23.

_C23 has what you think it has.

I'm at a loss for what's going on here because in the file you uploaded, you resume data has a warp, hammerne and multiple fortifies while your restart chapter data has none of those staves at all, at least while I was browsing the contents of that file. Maybe that patch did fuck up something or you did something you can't recall that affect your progression. Meh.

Edited by Sirius

Try taking a fresh Japanese ROM and using a simple IPS patch. Rename a bunch of things so you can access your save file or .sav or w/e on your current ROM, run everything, again, then try to beat the chapter again.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, March 21, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 21, 2015 - No reason given

Try taking a fresh Japanese ROM and using a simple IPS patch. Rename a bunch of things so you can access your save file or .sav or w/e on your current ROM, run everything, again, then try to beat the chapter again.

That's precisely what I did.

with regards to the staves that was me testing out some codebreaker codes. with the restart i didn't save the game after trying out the codebreakers hence why they aren't showing up on the preps for chapter 22. yeh guess i will try that thanks. btw sirius, how would you rate my units?