Anybody seen, or heard of the Fire Emblem OVA?

PuffPuff

For you Fire Emblem fans, this might be what you want to sink into. Marth stars in it...too. What is your favorite part in the film?

-Mine are Caeda giving Marth a warm welcome by helping him up with her hand.

-The Intro

-Jagan doing the 100 yard dash upon the intro while hearing the horses galloping.

Take note, there is an English version of this...you just gotta find it! So, what do you guys think of it? :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm going crazy with hype. Fire Emblem is really getting loved alot now! :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Well, iirc, the dub was made before FE7 came out in America, implying that there probably were plans to release an FE game in America before it.

Either way, I've already seen it. I find it funny that Ogma abuses the weapon triangle in the anime before the weapon triangle actually even existed. Navarre too.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm going crazy with hype. Fire Emblem is really getting loved alot now! :D

It got cancelled after 2 episodes back in the 90's, I don't think anything's going to come from it. I have a feeling a fair few people have seen it, it's not bad but it's not exactly the pinnacle of fine animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0mJ4Ya-15M

Here is it in English Dub. YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mnKc13tljs

Episode 2 is good as it makes a cameo of Miss Lena, Julian and Navarre. Best parts...

-Julian helping Lena get some food. Lena objects, but she accepts it anyway because of Julian's kindness. ^_^

-Trolled by pitting Lena in the arena that Navarre was fighting. Better passs since it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth along with it eternally getting printed in your mind if you cut her.

-Caeda stomping on Marth's foot when he blushes at a villager girl for thanking him for saving the city.

-Ogma and Navarre fight.

-Caeda stops it and says to him that he'll have to cut her down if he is going to lay a hand on Ogma.

-Navarre stops as he can't stand seeing them getting hurt and hurting women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQsLhsGejB4

Here is something that might happen as we might get an anime of Awakening!

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_%28anime%29

I'm sad that it no longer was in production after two episodes. .___.

Made since that Nintendo translated him Marth as the "Th" is silent from before saying "su" in Mars. he was named "Mars" because this film was made long before he got his cameo in SSBM.

Edited by PuffPuff

I didn't like it at first because of the retro style to it (course, it was produced when I was most likely a baby), but I looked passed it and for the most part enjoyed it. The canon is kind of wonky, but it was still pretty cool. I played Shadow Dragon before watching it, so I was kind of confused in the beginning where Elice transports Marth and Jagen out of the tower and she "seemingly dies." And the whole time I was wondering, "Where's Frey? Where's Frey? Did they sacrifice him?" Then I remembered he was just an FE11 exclusive character, and all was well.

I didn't like it at first because of the retro style to it (course, it was produced when I was most likely a baby), but I looked passed it and for the most part enjoyed it. The canon is kind of wonky, but it was still pretty cool. I played Shadow Dragon before watching it, so I was kind of confused in the beginning where Elice transports Marth and Jagen out of the tower and she "seemingly dies." And the whole time I was wondering, "Where's Frey? Where's Frey? Did they sacrifice him?" Then I remembered he was just an FE11 exclusive character, and all was well.

It was wonky, because they didn't have the money to retake one of the scenes in Episode 1. But...still...I'm going to buy the videotape and watch it over and over again. At least it covers the first three chapters of the story of Book I. Because...I don't like to miss out on my favorite Nintendo characters. Despite that his game never got ported to the U.S.A before Smash came out...we did get his anime before he came to Smash Bros Melee. Because of that is why that I'm going to watch it over and over again once I get the VHS tape!

Edited by PuffPuff

Fire Emblem is really getting loved alot now! :D

What do you mean it's getting a lot of love now because of this? This OVA is from the 90s lol. Also, it's not something unknown to most people on the forums I'd think. But yes, I saw it a few years ago. I didn't mind the animation, but the dubbing was awful.

Aside from that, one of the comments on the second part of the OVA pointed out something cool.

Skip to 18:28 and you'll hear Nobuyuki Hiyama, Adult Link's voice actor in Ocarina of Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7_muIkPbw

Edited by DragonLord

I feel that if the OVA had a bigger budget, and more time, it could have been as good as the Pokemon TV series IMO. The English dub isn't that bad either IMO, Marth's voice seemed annoying at first, but it grew on me as the OVA went on. Of course, there were some characters whose English voice made my ears bleed (looking at you, Gordin)

Honestly, I don't think it's that bad. It's not great, but it's definitely not bad. It's actually good for an OVA. And hey, at least it's better than a lot of American adaptations of Japanese video games like Captain N: The Game Master. (I was furious at how that show portrayed Pit and Mega Man.) I admit, I didn't like the way Caeda was portrayed (being a tsundere and getting kidnapped - she never gets kidnapped in the game), but I did like Marth and the other characters. Honestly, I wish they had him speak English in the games too. (In every dub of Super Smash Bros., Marth isn't dubbed. I have a French-language copy of SSB4 for my 3DS and Marth speaks Japanese.)

Not all retro anime is bad. Most of my favorite anime series came out before I was born.

Edited by Philax

• 3 months later...

what really? omg

Yeah ADV tends to cast Spike Spencer in a lot of their dubs

Edited by PixelmanFE