To balance between footies against mounted & fliers

omglmaowtf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting topic but I feel it has been taken out of proportion. Mounts are often good yes. Dismounting doesn't really work out so its not a really relevant feature do to in game complications even if it would make sense indoors.

Instead mounts should be more strongly affected by terrain so that their movement would equal out compared to other units if the terrain isn't perfectly flat. You could also have a small move penalty inside but this is honestly probably going too far.

Why exactly does dismounting "not work"? Can you elaborate on that?

Why exactly does dismounting "not work"? Can you elaborate on that?

The games with dismounting remove the weapon choices of mounted units when dismounting. To do dismounting properly the mount would have to be separate from classes which would probably deserve an overhaul of the system (which on its own isn't a big issue for cavalry as it is for fliers) Fliers pay with stats for their mobility. striping them of their mounts would juts make them an inferior unit...

The games with dismounting remove the weapon choices of mounted units when dismounting. To do dismounting properly the mount would have to be separate from classes which would probably deserve an overhaul of the system (which on its own isn't a big issue for cavalry as it is for fliers) Fliers pay with stats for their mobility. striping them of their mounts would juts make them an inferior unit...

The weapons issue can be easily fixed either by having more varied foot units (TRS mostly takes this approach) or by having mounts use the same weapon as they do when mounted, but with a separate rank.

I dunno about fliers just being an inferior unit. Every game I've played with dismounting flyers are still just as good as they've ever been.

Dismounting sucks, shinpichu is a loser

I'd rather them just do something like Radiant Dawn, decreased movement indoor.

Boom. Done.

Or if dismounting, no swordlock please.

It's the only way I won't hate it >~>