Pokemon Copper

Dragoncat

9 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your starter!

• Pupeef
    • Whiskire
    • Coltew

Some of you might remember me asking about pokemon hacking here. Well, I'm making progress! So without further ado:

The Kerroe Region

kerroemap_by_rubydragoncat-d8jdzjo.png

Starting from Twigy Town, you embark on a quest to become the champion of the Kerroe league. Along the way you will clash with not one, but two criminal organizations who we've seen before: Team Rocket and Team Galactic! They both have their eyes on the legendary dinosaur trio who are said to watch over and protect the Kerroe region: Tonoaur, Pyroaur, and Frigiaur.

Your First Partner

starterteaser_by_rubydragoncat-d7rtxqr.p

Pupeef, the young dog pokemon. Very energetic and loyal, it will often play all day. Its tail has two sharp thorns.

Whiskire, the single fire pokemon. Its tail ignites within an hour from its birth and will burn its whole life. Defends itself with sharp claws and fire.

Coltew, the aqua horse pokemon. Lives near rivers and lakes and eats water plants. It's a poor swimmer, so it stays in the shallows.

Choose between these three and start your adventure!

Screenshots

(coming soon)

Edited by Dragoncat

Still have to iron out some kinks with the titlescreen before I can do much else. But screenshots will be up as soon as that happens.

You mentioned Team Galactic? I would tell you how they and Team Rocket tie together in the plot, but I don't want to spoil it ;)

Oh, I didn't know you were actually making a Pokemon hack, Dcat. I might try it out someday, if only for that cute water horse. :D (I'm really biased towards horses, as I love them a lot. <3)

If I had any hacking skills, I'd try doing my region too...

The sprites are good, but they could use some touching up.

They've been enlarged. Might touch them up...

Oh, I didn't know you were actually making a Pokemon hack, Dcat. I might try it out someday, if only for that cute water horse. :D (I'm really biased towards horses, as I love them a lot. <3)

If I had any hacking skills, I'd try doing my region too...

I knew you'd pick Coltew. Fun fact: it evolves into a water/fighting type like Keldeo!

I have very little hacking skills tbh...but after trial and error like 50 million times I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

Edited by Dragoncat

those sprites need some help. Have you made an account on pokecommunity? they have a spriters section you'd benefit from.

They've been enlarged...like I said.

But I made them quite some time ago. Atm I'm more concerned about figuring out the nuts and bolts of how rom hacking works, maybe before I release the final game, they'll be better.

Coltew, the aqua horse pokemon. Lives near rivers and lakes and eats water plants. It's a poor swimmer, so it stays in the shallows.

Water pokemon with no surf. gj.

I mean ya I know there are others (magikarp), but I still like this poor swimmer thing.

Edited by Severlan

Water pokemon with no surf. gj.

I mean ya I know there are others (magikarp), but I still like this poor swimmer thing.

Its evolutions are better swimmers :)

They've been enlarged...like I said.

But I made them quite some time ago. Atm I'm more concerned about figuring out the nuts and bolts of how rom hacking works, maybe before I release the final game, they'll be better.

it being enlarged isn't an excuse for their quality. Even if they were in normal view I'd say they still need work.

But yeah consider pokecommunity