3DS virtual console wish list

Captain Karnage

So the other day I downloaded Summer Carnival '92 on my 3DS and got to thinking what other games that should be released on the virtual console. So here are a few titles I'm thinking of.

Mr. Gimmick

Mother/Earth Bound (it's completely translated there's nothing they really need to do to it from my knowledge)

Marble Madness

Dragon Warrior 1+2,3 for GBC

Dragon Warrior 4

Bubble Bobble

Capcom Disney games

Little Sampson

Panic Restaurant

Bubble Bobble 1&2

Bomberman

Revelations the Demon Slayer

and some other Hudson games

so come up with some other ideas and please NO POKEMON requests, at this point in time it's completely redundant because we know were never going to see it.

also I think it would be interesting to see some VirtualBoy games to show up on the eShop.

Adding on

Power Blade 2, Bubble Bobble 2, Zombie Nation

Edited by Captain Karnage

Earthbound is already on Wii U virtual console, for what it's worth.

that's Mother 2, I'm referring to the unreleased predecessor on the NES which was completely translated but never released.

that's Mother 2, I'm referring to the unreleased predecessor on the NES which was completely translated but never released.

I realize that, but you put Mother/ Earthbound. Kinda figured that meant both.

Capcom Disney games

These were a trilogy and unfortunately the third one was never released outside of Japan and probably would never see a VC release, which is a shame because it was the best one, allowed you to play as either Mickey or Donald with own outfits and powers (not like the second one where Mickey and Minnie have only aesthetic differences). My cousin had a bootleg of it, and I had a bootleg of the first one. Quality games for sure, everyone's crazy about Castle of Illusion for the Genesis, but the SNES also had great Mickey games, the Magical Quest trilogy is one of my favorite game series ever.

EDIT: I found out all three Magical Quest games were released for the GBA, so they could be a possibility.

Edited by Cerberus87

GBA games. Just GBA games. Handheld games weren't made for home consoles like the Wii U.

And there is no way Nintendo would ever go through all that trouble of making that work, but I would really wish for a Four Swords Adventures port for 3DS/Wii U.

GBA games. Just GBA games. Handheld games weren't made for home consoles like the Wii U.

And there is no way Nintendo would ever go through all that trouble of making that work, but I would really wish for a Four Swords Adventures port for 3DS/Wii U.

Why would something like FE7 be worse on a home console? Did it have any features that benefitted from it being a mobile game?

The only instance where GBA games would be better on the 3DS rather than the Wii U are the rare games which used the link cable. Among those, the most prominent is Pokémon, which will never see a VC release because GF prefers to milk the series by remaking them instead.

Most GBA games could work just fine as home console releases. In fact, a lot of them started their lives as such, like the Mario Advance series.

That being said, VC works by emulation. I suspect it's a lot easier to emulate GBA than SNES on the 3DS because both the GBA and the 3DS use ARM processors. Even then, the ambassador GBA games on the 3DS lack certain features other VC games have.

Edited by Cerberus87

The GBA ambassador games are not exactly being emulated on 3DS. They're being run natively using the DS BC function, which is why they lack several features from other 3DS VC games.

Kinda wish they would have just put GBA games onto the 3DS VC.

Games I would have liked to see:

Fire Emblem 6-8

Advanced Wars 1 and 2

Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

F-zero Climax (JPN)

Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red

Kinda wish they would have just put GBA games onto the 3DS VC.

Games I would have liked to see:

Fire Emblem 6-8

Advanced Wars 1 and 2

Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

F-zero Climax (JPN)

Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red

FE8 is already on the 3DS just not available for the mass.

The GBA ambassador games are not exactly being emulated on 3DS. They're being run natively using the DS BC function, which is why they lack several features from other 3DS VC games.

If that's true, I suspect emulating them wouldn't be easy, because accurate emulation consumes a lot of resources, of which the 3DS doesn't have a lot.

If that's true, I suspect emulating them wouldn't be easy, because accurate emulation consumes a lot of resources, of which the 3DS doesn't have a lot.

The GBA games on the 3DS aren't emulated is a true fact. The 3DS can be tweaked to run into DS mode and thus downclock itself to simulate the original DS hardware. They did the same thing for the GBA games where they downclock the CPU and its hardware to the point where it acts like a Gameboy advance. Because of this many of the features like save states, wireless streetpassing, sleep mode and suspending whenever you want are not an available options because they aren't being software emulated. It's basically how most of Nintendo's systems does backward compatibility. I can attest to this as my ambassador games don't have any of the VC features.

http://www.vooks.net/why-the-game-boy-advance-isnt-on-the-3ds-virtual-console/

The GBA games on the 3DS aren't emulated is a true fact. The 3DS can be tweaked to run into DS mode and thus downclock itself to simulate the original DS hardware. They did the same thing for the GBA games where they downclock the CPU and its hardware to the point where it acts like a Gameboy advance. Because of this many of the features like save states, wireless streetpassing, sleep mode and suspending whenever you want are not an available options because they aren't being software emulated. It's basically how most of Nintendo's systems does backward compatibility. I can attest to this as my ambassador games don't have any of the VC features.

http://www.vooks.net/why-the-game-boy-advance-isnt-on-the-3ds-virtual-console/

I didn't doubt that, it was poorly worded on my part. But yeah, the article says something I've said at the end, that to "emulate" the GBA, the 3DS would need to be more powerful.

I also don't think the VC is pinpoint accurate, because accurate emulators like Nestopia and bsnes take a lot of processing power. It's possible Nintendo is cutting corners to make the games playable on the 3DS with a high degree of accuracy, and they just happen to know which corners can be cut without compromising accuracy, since, of course, they developed the original systems and have all documentation for them archived somewhere.

Edited by Cerberus87

• 3 weeks later...

Fe7

maybe some snes games,

also maybe a fe4 translation would be cool

Digimon World DS, Dawn and Dusk. (I want to actually own these games, I've put hundreds of hours in each but I'd really like to play them on my 3DS, hopefully on european VC as well).