I knew that dragon looked familiar...

Walker

Take a look at the dragon that Avatar turns into in the new trailer (at around 1:38-9). Now take a look at the dragon in the original trailer in January (at around 1:38-9)

It's the same. So, the Avatar is a bad guy? Isn't a bad guy, but is possessed by one? Not attempting to kill Dancer Girl in the original trailer like it seemed?

Quite possibly, not only is there a split in paths (Hoshida vs Nohr), there is a significant split in endings as well, i.e. perhaps the diffrence from becoming a absolute dictator, to a peaceful monarch. I say this as there seems to many variables to juggle with just one major split alone.

I'm going to guess Kamui gets possessed or something, because we also see the dancer girl joining his/her party. Why would he/she purposely choke his/her own ally?

I think there'll be some sort of conflict between them eventually. Not sure how it would play out, but I have an idea that maybe the avatar eventually kinda gets hit with all the stress put on them and takes it out on her, since she is seemingly very peaceful. That's just my idea for now though.

Well if I remember correctly the dancer girl changes appearance based upon what side you choose. In the first trailer she has a white robe, meaning that perhaps she's working for the Hoshido side while that the player is on the Nohr side. In which case that scene might only happen for FE: Black Nohr.