Some cool Screenshots I took from the new FE: IF trailer

Noahfest

Man, I actually do like the top part of Camilla's outfit, but the moment someone pointed out the bottom half kinda ruined it for me. At least the portraits aren't fullbody so I don't have to worry about seeing her silly panties too often haha

Edited by L95

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahah, man Fredster I didn't even know, sorry for making you trek so many tiles on Lunatic mode, I wasn't aware of your other gifts! At least we know you safely fathered Severa during my playthrough you hulking man!

Anyways, yeah the internet catches onto these things fast and I'm not that surprised. What does surprise me however is that Carmilla is going to turn into one of the faces of the game people will recognize and then buy. Relegating the Avatar as the face is hard since he can't show up in cutscenes and as for now we're really just leaving things up to Marx and twintails on Nohr and Lobster Ryouma-sama and Hinoka in Hoshido.

Freddy, nooooooo. Can't unsee it now... Although the rest of his design is still great, so I always make him end as a great knight even if the cap is bad :D

Regarding Camilla's design, I didn't like it from the first moment she appeared in the trailer, but I was gonna let it slide since she seemed to be depicted as a genuinely caring older sister based on her dialogue and the scene when the two sides are fighting for Kamui, rather than the stereotypical seductive temptress. But nope, they just HAD to do a scene with her walking seductively, swinging her assets at the camera. Disappointed. She's no different from Tharja or Aversa. Oh yeah, the bottom half of her outfit is just a complete mess.

Personally, I think Cherche is a pretty good example of drawing women with nice bodies but doesn't shove the word "waifu bait" in your face.

Personally, I think Cherche is a pretty good example of drawing women with nice bodies but doesn't shove the word "waifu bait" in your face.

And yet her back is completely exposed for some reason. Different fetishes but it's there.

No, but in all seriousness, I think that the developers intentially made her cleveage a bit over the top knowing that it would be a major talking point.

I think that's a severe overstatement. Cleavage in a video game is nothing new or interesting, and I strongly suspect the casual observer would probably view Camilla as just another busty video game character.

It's kind of difficult for me to take this seriously considering Cherche's official art emphasizes her bare back and the fact that her leggings have slits in them that go all the way up to her ass.

I think that's a severe overstatement. Cleavage in a video game is nothing new or interesting, and I strongly suspect the casual observer would probably view Camilla as just another busty video game character.

Adding to this, tbf I didn't care nearly as much until 1) I saw how bad the bottom is designed aesthetically 2) found out she's a Wyvern Lord and not Dark Mage or some squishy magic class where fanservice doesn't really matter for me. Didn't really leave a significant impression until one of my friends linked me to the big group OA where she's portrayed with an axe since my friends know my thing for women using axes(which, were she Berserker, I'd also be mostly okay with it, bottom-half's terrible-ness notwithstanding) and later the confirming screenshot.

And yet her back is completely exposed for some reason. Different fetishes but it's there.

Fair enough, I think I just have higher tolerance for one thing over the other :P

It's kind of difficult for me to take this seriously considering Cherche's official art emphasizes her bare back and the fact that her leggings have slits in them that go all the way up to her ass.

Yeah, I also thought that her official artwork chose an odd angle, but overall, Cherche's exposed parts were not featured a lot during your regular playthrough. In the end, I guess it's more about presentation and perception during the game, so I may have made an inaccurate observation here.

Also, looking back at my last post, I should've explained myself more clearly (design is probably a more appropriate word than draw, since it covers more than just appearance): as long as the sexualized parts of a character's appearance aren't the most memorable/important part of a character, I'm okay with it. As I've said, I liked Camilla's depiction as a genuinely caring older sister, but that one scene did bother me, and I'm pretty tired of the instant waifu hype around her. I just hope that they do a good job with her characterization to make her memorable for something besides her appearance and don't let her fall into a stereotype, especially since she's an important character who seem to appear in multiple cutscenes.

It doesn't have to be original to get people to talk about it. The trailer was obviously going for a seductive feel. I mean how many people who saw that trailer do you think ACTUALLY took the time to translate the one line she had to understand that she's a "caring older sister." Very few. The trailer is going for something a little outrageous to appeal to the people who know less about the series. Afterall, it was shown in a Nintendo Direct, a stream where there are probably more Mario, Smash, Zelda fans than Fire Emblem fans. Seriously, if anything stuck out (no pun intended) in that whole trailer to a casual observer, what do you think it would be?

It doesn't have to be original to get people to talk about it. The trailer was obviously going for a seductive feel. I mean how many people who saw that trailer do you think ACTUALLY took the time to translate the one line she had to understand that she's a "caring older sister." Very few. The trailer is going for something a little outrageous to appeal to the people who know less about the series. Afterall, it was shown in a Nintendo Direct, a stream where there are probably more Mario, Smash, Zelda fans than Fire Emblem fans. Seriously, if anything stuck out (no pun intended) in that whole trailer to a casual observer, what do you think it would be?

SMT x FE had a bra and panties with crotch zipper outfit and I'm sure that didn't create nearly as much internet buzz. I think Fire Emblem if had a highly engaging presentation for anyone watching.

SMT x FE had a bra and panties with crotch zipper outfit and I'm sure that didn't create nearly as much internet buzz. I think Fire Emblem if had a highly engaging presentation for anyone watching.

Speaking of it. SMT is even better with it. You got a half-naked, blindfolded, Angel who look straight out of a bondage club, and a giant green penis demon. Saying that the succubus demon is tame in comparison is not an overstatement.

Just to you show. you to how far we can or can't get. :p