Dancer uses Staves/Lances?

Okay, so looking at this picture,

post-13114-0-33905700-1428066380_thumb.jpg

The Dancer appears to be holding a glowing Staff/Lance. Does this mean that Dancers will get Staves/Lances this time? Or does she gain them upon promotion? Thoughts?

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Interesting yeah I can see them going the Feena way and having fighting dancers but without the traditional sword.

Lances would be very interesting as a dancer could double easily but inflict decent damage with lances as opposed to low might swords.

As for staves it would make sense if she has some sort of power to stop the war that she be some what magical.

Interesting yeah I can see them going the Feena way and having fighting dancers but without the traditional sword.

Lances would be very interesting as a dancer could double easily but inflict decent damage with lances as opposed to low might swords.

As for staves it would make sense if she has some sort of power to stop the war that she be some what magical.

Yeah if she uses Lances I hope they give her some unique dance-like animations. I'm sick of the same animations for every class. Especially with Villager Donnel twirling his Lance around like a freakin' bojitsu master when he was supposed to have just picked it up then.

Yay, more incentive to use dancers now. I'd hope they use Staves just to get more Staves users in the mix though. But using Lances wouldn't be bad either. I just want to be able to use them for something instead of changing her class right away(if I can that is.)

Yay, more incentive to use dancers now. I'd hope they use Staves just to get more Staves users in the mix though. But using Lances wouldn't be bad either. I just want to be able to use them for something instead of changing her class right away(if I can that is.)

I have a feeling that they'll throw her a bone and give her a Promotion that gives her some broken Skills or something, kinda like the Grandmaster getting broken skills as an incentive for not reclassing or at least postponing reclassing.

It could also just be a plot relevant thing that she doesn't use in battle, kind of like how in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance promotional materials, Marche is shown wielding the Judge Sword even though he doesn't in game.

So if she gets lances and wields a pole arm.... does that maker her a pole dancer?

Ahhhh, good one.

Looking at the artwork, IMO what the dancer is holding looks like a staff. I see her as a healer rather than a fighter.

Well it does have a pointed end so I don't think it's staff. Plus the light might just well be the sun so if it's not magic then who knows. Or....

It could be a magic staff, a new kind instead of the Shockstick.

I don't think it's very likely that the Dancer class will be getting any weapons. They have such a good ability that they need the huge downside of no weapons to balance it out.

In this image you can see what's probably that character's map sprite not carrying any weapons. Generally all character map sprites carry a weapon unless they're a dancer/bard/mage.

i1nLZ1Q.jpg

But if she doesn't use lances, then why does she have one? It's probably not a staff because of how pointy it is, but maybe she's like the keeper of some legendary lance or something? I don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Dan

I don't think it's very likely that the Dancer class will be getting any weapons. They have such a good ability that they need the huge downside of no weapons to balance it out.

In this image you can see what's probably that character's map sprite not carrying any weapons. Generally all character map sprites carry a weapon unless they're a dancer/bard/mage.

i1nLZ1Q.jpg

But if she doesn't use lances, then why does she have one? It's probably not a staff because of how pointy it is, but maybe she's like the keeper of some legendary lance or something? I don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wait whats the point of that image.

Your logic is: dancers shouldn't have weapons. (Despite the fact that dancers not having weapons was started in the gba games)

Dancer sprites don't have weapons( regardless if they can use one or not.)

This dancer sprite doesn't have a weapon

Therefore this dancer doesn't use weapons and the lance is probably just story stuff.

What if it's both and her class is 'Bride'? I'm kind of joking here, but I recall seeing something that kind of looks like a Dread Fighter* in the trailer. And the dancer, when not looking like Ninian, kind of looks like a bride (only a bit though).

*It could've just been one of the 'ninja' characters.

Well, I don't like the idea of Dancers using Lances, though. I think it just doesn't fit them, plus it would look kinda weird while fighting. But I can imagine them using Staves (and I wouldn't dislike Staves being as in Radiant Dawn, where they could be used in battle to inflict damage).

I'd prefer them using Swords again, since in Awakening they used them.

i1nLZ1Q.jpg

It could be promotional gain aka she stars out as just a dancer but on promotion gains staves/lances. I also wouldn't be surprised if its a story based promotion where she gains that particular staff/lance...

I feel like the dancer isn't truly a pure dancer but rather a unique class, kind of like how Elincia's class was Queen back in RD. While Dancer may not be able to actually dance outside of cutscenes, she can equip lances and possibly do other stuff. The lance she's shown with is a plot important weapon she can obtain.

So if she gets lances and wields a pole arm.... does that maker her a pole dancer?

Saving this.

Edited by TKHikaru13

hahahahahahaha

die. jk that was really funny

Here's to hoping they've merged the Dancer/Bride-class! I love infantry units with Lances, so I'll take anything remotely close to the Soldier-class.

Since Kamui is the Dark Prince/Princess maybe she is the counterpart, Light Princess. Her base class weapon can be a personal lance like Kamui's Yatogami.

Edited by Awakener_

Since Kamui is the Dark Prince/Princess maybe she is the counterpart, Light Princess. Her base class weapon can be a personal lance like Kamui's Yatogami.

Lances and Dragonstones hmmm :o

I think her class might just be Oracle or something like that. She's not a Dancer, she just dances to foresee stuff.

I heard a theory about how Kamui's dragonform changing depending on the side you're on though, because of the writing on the sword changing color depending on which side you're on. White/grey for Hoshido and red for Nohr. So having another dragon doesn't seem to plausible, but who knows...

In the end, I think she might just be the guardian for the Fire Emblem or something, and Kamui is like the sworn enemy of the Fire Emblem. pullsthingsoutofass

Not much else to do but to speculate...