What if Smash for 3DS/WII U had a story mode...

Here's a thread that I wanted to post yesderday. I've thought if there was a story mode in the new smash games, what would the plot be? Would Tabuu make a return? Would Master Core be the main antagonist? What do you guys think?

idrk, all I know is that I'd like a story mode!

I think something like the Master Core would be the main antagonist. It's hard to come up with a complete story, such as Brawl SSE had, but a story mode would be nice.

Classic mode(like ACTUAL classic mode), 1v1 fights with small stories tieing them together with a plot, coupled with a rival fight at the end before Master Hand-with Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Multi-Man Mii fight breaking it up.

There was no reason to further ruin such a good system, just improving on what works is fine.

I'd also like the wacky stories that we would follow for each character, through small cutscenes-or even just artsy pictures!

A story mode would've been cool, I agree! Sakurai's reasons for excluding one this time were kind of silly...

But it doesn't really matter to me what happens in it as long as it's awesome and fun. :) Though what I'd LOVE to see is a display of Ike's magnificent strength, as Sakurai describes it, where he's lifting up and throwing aside a boulder or something. And Marth and Meta Knight would be with him for old times' sake and just be like O_O;

Yeah. lol

Well beneath the reasons for the cut scene hilarity reason.

Subspace ate tons of development time out of the gameplay and characters.

However a story mode would be kinda cool, something like subspace but also with more actual Nintendo enemies (see Smash Run). And Nintendo locations

However a story mode would be kinda cool, something like subspace but also with more actual Nintendo enemies (see Smash Run). And Nintendo locations

Completely agree with these two. Having the size of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, Melee's Nintendo themed worlds in Adventure Mode, and SSB4 3DS' library of enemy units would be really awesome. It'd admittingly be really resource and time consuming, but I should hope that even the skeptics of Subspace would appreciate a giant Adventure Mode that's heavily Nintendo themed in their worlds and enemies.

Completely agree with these two. Having the size of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, Melee's Nintendo themed worlds in Adventure Mode, and SSB4 3DS' library of enemy units would be really awesome. It'd admittingly be really resource and time consuming, but I should hope that even the skeptics of Subspace would appreciate a giant Adventure Mode that's heavily Nintendo themed in their worlds and enemies.

In fact, if they do add in a story mode, It could be a DLC.

Honestly I'd like to see a story mode for Smash Bros. where the characters actually, y'know, talk. Like it doesn't even have to be voice acting, it could just be dialogue.

Also I want to see Adventure Mode return as well. (That's what I thought was going to be the Wii U's exclusive mode, but then Smash Tour happened. I'm sorely disappointed.)

Also I want to see Adventure Mode return as well. (That's what I thought was going to be the Wii U's exclusive mode, but then Smash Tour happened. I'm sorely disappointed.)

Smash Tour really blows. :\ It's one of the reasons why I find that the Wii U version isn't automatically better than the 3DS version.

I wouldn't mind a story mode as long as there wouldn't be anything as annoying as beating the whole roster in another great maze.

Ganondorf ghetto stomps everyone. That's literally it.

Alternately, make it some weird anime thing considering how there are suddenly a ton of bishie people in the cast.

In all seriousness, I'm fine without a story mode. The gameplay is better, and a story mode with this many characters would be cluster-fucky and ultimately have very little payoff. Besides, what would be the benefit of it aside from killing more time?

Make it like Street Fighter where you set out to do something storylike, fight a bunch of characters and kill the rival character at the end for more story. Wario fights Luigi and takes his expensive mansion, Bowser fights Mario amd kidnaps the princess, after many battles Jigglypuff comes across Kirby and in the confusion of how similar they are they have a fight. Some characters could have an alternative rival if you meet certain conditions, like instead of Bowser fighting Mario, he'll go against Link. Don't animate the story, instead just give slideshows to show what is happening.

I would love a story mode if only for some certain character interactions such as Lucina looking up to Marth or Pac-Man and Donkey Kong having a little rivalry. However, I could see Wario being a villain again, which is something that really bugged me in Brawl cause he wasn't really getting something out of it IIRC.

Make it like Street Fighter where you set out to do something storylike, fight a bunch of characters and kill the rival character at the end for more story. Wario fights Luigi and takes his expensive mansion, Bowser fights Mario amd kidnaps the princess, after many battles Jigglypuff comes across Kirby and in the confusion of how similar they are they have a fight. Some characters could have an alternative rival if you meet certain conditions, like instead of Bowser fighting Mario, he'll go against Link. Don't animate the story, instead just give slideshows to show what is happening.

This

THIIIIIIIIS

Best idea, perfect right here