Did some digging on if's writer

TKHikaru13

This guy did Bloody Monday? This is both good and bad.

The original Bloody Monday was great had fantastic plot twists, but the sequels were absolutely terrible.

The main flaws with the sequels were: too much nationalism and too focused on the love interest, who was extremely poorly developed and didn't make much sense.

Hm. This makes me slightly more optimistic about the writing, simply because he seems to have a long resume, but even good directors make the occasional dud movie.

and nicholas sparks has made millions recycling the same love story over and over again

The wine-tasting manga intrigues me as a concept lol

Judging from the interviews, I think the main concepts of the story (Kamui's background and family, the conflict between the two nations etc.) had already been come up by the main developers themselves, so we don't really know how much influence this writer actually has on the plot. He might have been hired just to do script-writing around that idea and add minor "flavors" while he's at it, but I highly doubt he would be the main factor for the outcome and development of the story or even the characters.

Edited by Ryo

Whoa, seriously? The writer was behind Get Backers? I used to love that manga (even if the artist went heavy on the fanservice). I remember it being very character-focused, which makes me even more excited for this game. Huzzah!

Awakening had 6 people listed in the credits for writing/scenario. I imagine some of them will be working on this game as well, with Shin Kibayashi either leading the team or handling the core plot development.

I say this because I doubt he'll be doing like, all the support conversations. But it's funny to imagine IS bringing in this renowned author and asking him to write the S-rank support for MU and Cravat-san.

Great job digging this info up. Always glad to read a bit about the writers work, because I'm very curious how the story of FE14 will turn out :drool:

I'll be following this thread and see if more stuff is found out :)

I read Bloody Monday, Psycho Busters and Knight in the Arena. Out of the three I like KiA the most but the soccer matches take too damn long. Not that impressive with his work to be honest. The romance in Bloody Monday is average, in Psycho Busters it was generic and in KiA there are too much teasing between the heroine and MC.

Getbackers manga was pretty good, and the anime tried very hard to keep up with most of the plots it did cover. I remember loaning it out to a friend in high school and her boyfriend found it and decried that who ever had given it to her was a pervert, thankfully she didn't give me away since we both liked the friendship and character types. So there is a lot of hyper sexual guys grabbing boobs and obsessing about underwear, bits frustrating but that is manga, and that is a way to introduce them shorthand until you know them.

A whole lot of backstory and built worlds that work beautifully thematically and less logically, (but much more than the anime) darker world than in many buddy mangas, Does blur the gender lines with a few characters, specifically with Kazu who looks, dresses, and often acts like a woman to continue his family's fighting traditions, and has a light romance plot with a couple of guys (mainly his childhood body guard)

Interesting, for the main characters being ridiculous in the middle of some serious stuff. What else can I say about the writing? Distopian in setting in a way but it is centralized on locations, but still very much a fantasy. A whole lot of stuff on family, family lines, inheritance, being the last, family dying. Family loyalty. Lots of family but little actual family members interacting. Lots of comedy on sex and being broke, most of its comedy now that I think about it.

It was a good drama. Not the best comedy?