Fire Emblem Awakening CD Drama. So the Village Maiden is Chrom's canon wife?

Raguna

Hmmm, I wasn't sure if anybody had made a previous topic on this or was aware, but during a quick search around the website of tv tropes. I apparently found out that at least for Chrom, the Village Maiden is considered his canon wife with Lucina being an only child. Granted, I haven't heard the CD myself, but I thought it would be good to bring this up for anyone who is interested.

So any thoughts? I thought Sumia had in it in the bag considering she was in opening cinematics with baby Lucina, I believe. Still if Sumia had been canon, then Cynthia should have been around somewhere right?

Edited by almi23

^Pretty much that. Awakening deliberately has no stated canon so there's more room for players to have headcanons, it's literally what the game's aesthetics run on.

You can find bits and pieces here and there that were probably inserted by biased devs who had their own pairing choices (like the set of pairs with fast support growths, and obviously Chrom x Sumia and Robin x Tharja), but overall nothing is canon.

What CD are you referencing too?

Anyway, Knu is probably right. If they did an actual character, fans would either be upset or confused. But there's nothing to be upset or argue about if they put in an unnamed maiden.

From what I'm getting, no pairing in the game is really canon. I mean, if there was, why would they let you hand pick the marriages between characters in the first place?

Edited by Agent Shade